PDA

View Full Version : I :heart: Marvel

LenNWallace
11-16-2005, 12:46 PM
In a day and age when I'm losing more and more patience with mainstream comics, they go and do something like this. The one thing that I've always wanted to see more of and bitched about vocally.

Romance comics. I'm a love junkie. Anyone who's read any of my work can see it. That said, I'm absolutely going to buy all of this, just to support the idea of future endeavors.

I (Heart) Marvel

WHAT IS (HEART) MARVEL?
Sometimes, your favorite super heroes just need a little love. Help us pay homage to the romance comics of yesteryear with five two-fisted, love-centric one-shots in the Mighty Marvel Manner. They're all perfect to share with that special someone this Valentine's Day.

I (HEART) MARVEL: WEB OF ROMANCE
Written by TOM BELAND
Penciled by CORY WALKER
Cover by GEZ FRY
"IF THIS BE VALENTINE'S DAY"
All the abilities of a spider mean nothing when it comes to finding that perfect gift for your wife. How can everyone's favorite web-slinging Avenger battle the menacing Mandrill AND the destructive Dragon Man while getting the one gift that will make marvelous Mary Jane's heart purr?? HOW???
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

I (HEART) MARVEL: OUTLAW LOVE
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
Penciled by JOHN PROCTOR
Cover by GEZ FRY
Romance on the run! The ANSWER is marked for death by BULLSEYE -- but he doesn't know why! Will the woman he loves -- and the only person smart enough to know an answer he doesn't -- RUBY THURSDAY help him or betray him to save her own head? Super-villain love means never having to say you're sorry...

I (HEART) MARVEL: MARVEL AI
Written by CB CEBULSKI
Penciled by KEI KOBAYASHI & TOMOKO TAMIGUCHI
Cover by GEZ FRY
Marvel puts the theory of "love is an international language" to the test this issue, as three Japanese illustrators bring their craft to our I (Heart) Marvel event. Tomoko Taniguchi lends her shojo stylings to the Scarlet Witch as she shares the truths about what it's like being in love with a "robot". Kei Kobayashi lends his graphic flair to a touching about Medusa and the complications of being married to a man who can never open his mouth. And in the third installment, take a tongue-in-cheek peek into a superhero love triangle as Black Widow and Elektra duke it out for Daredevil!
affections.32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

I (HEART) MARVEL: MY MUTANT HEART
Written by DANIEL WAY, PETER MILLIGAN & TIM FISH
Penciled by MARCOS MARTIN, KEN KNUDTSEN & TIM FISH
Cover by GEZ FRY
Three offbeat stories of love and romance from the mutant corner of the Marvel Universe.

MARVEL ROMANCE

MARVEL ROMANCE REDUX: BUT HE SAID HE LOVED ME #1 (OF 5)
Written by KEITH GIFFEN, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, JOHN LUSTIG
& ROGER LANGRIDGE
Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA, JACK KIRBY, GENE COLON & DICK GIORDANO,
Cover by KEITH GIFFEN
The master of irreverence, Keith Giffen joins forces with LAST KISS genius John Lustig, FIN FANG FOUR's Roger Langridge and jumpin' Jimmy Palmiotti to give some old love songs a new soundtrack. With art by some of the industries greatest, this blast from the past promises not to tug at your heart strings so much as tickle your funny bone.
32 PGS./All Ages ...$2.99

Strong creative teams on some of these, and some great story ideas. I can't wait to see Beland and Walker together. Walker did a killer Spider-Man in MTU.

Ray G.
11-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Very odd stuff. I know I'm buying the Spider-man one, but I'll have to look at the others.

Roman Noodles
11-16-2005, 12:52 PM
What an interesting idea . . .

LenNWallace
11-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Outlaw Love sounds crazy enough to be really fucking great, or really fucking terrible.

Mr. E!
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Is this a 5th week sort of thing? It sounds like a lot of fun! I love it when Marvel takes chances like this.

Raphael J
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I really like this trend in Marvel comics. The monster books were pretty good and I'm excited to see it collected. It'd be great if we got more of these every few months.

Evan the Shaggy
11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
I didn't know Beland was doing another Spidey story. Keep it up Tom and you'll be writing Amazing in no time.

LenNWallace
11-16-2005, 01:07 PM
I really like this trend in Marvel comics. The monster books were pretty good and I'm excited to see it collected.
An oversized hardcover, no less.

Michael John Wheeler
11-16-2005, 01:28 PM
I :heart: Tom Beland.

t00lverine
11-16-2005, 01:30 PM
YESS!!!!!!!!!!!! Romance comics are awesome. I will be getting these.

St.-
11-16-2005, 01:38 PM
I (HEART) MARVEL: MARVEL AI
Written by CB CEBULSKI
Penciled by KEI KOBAYASHI & TOMOKO TAMIGUCHI
Cover by GEZ FRY
Marvel puts the theory of "love is an international language" to the test this issue, as three Japanese illustrators bring their craft to our I (Heart) Marvel event. Tomoko Taniguchi lends her shojo stylings to the Scarlet Witch as she shares the truths about what it's like being in love with a "robot". Kei Kobayashi lends his graphic flair to a touching about Medusa and the complications of being married to a man who can never open his mouth. And in the third installment, take a tongue-in-cheek peek into a superhero love triangle as Black Widow and Elektra duke it out for Daredevil!
affections.32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99

So there's no third artist picked yet?

dion
11-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I'll get the Tom Beland Spidey issue for sure.

LenNWallace
11-16-2005, 06:27 PM
MARVEL ROMANCE TPB
Written by STAN LEE, GARY FRIEDRICH & MORE
Penciled by DICK GIORDANO, JACK KIRBY, GRAY MORROW,
SOL BRODSKY & MORE
Cover by JACK KIRBY
MY LOVE. TEEN-AGE ROMANCE. LOVE ROMANCE. Picking up a theme? The romance genre spanned nearly half a century, and now Marvel's picked some of its best from the sixties and seventies! "It Happened at Woodstock!" "My Heart Broke in Hollywood!" "Love on the Rebound!" Featuring Smart Styles and Heavenly Hairdos with Patsy Walker in a pre-Hellcat tale! Collects LOVE ROMANCE #89 and #101-104; MY LOVE #2, #14, #16 and #18-20; TEEN-AGE ROMANCE #77 and #84; OUR LOVE STORY #5; and PATSY WALKER #119.
176 PGS./All Ages ...$19.99

Shit... I'll buy this too... Anybody tell me how it is that Patsy Walker went from this to being Hellcat? That just sounds weird.

dEnny!
11-16-2005, 06:29 PM
I'm definitely checking these books out. I'm really interested in 3 of the 5 (Beland and Giffen's the most), but I might just wait on the trade. COOL NEWS!

TomBelandTSSTG
11-16-2005, 07:06 PM
You're gonna (heart) Cory Walker like a schoolgirl in June. I think he's having as much fun drawing this thing as I had in writing it.

I really love the fact that Marvel's trying this. If there's a comic book that was taylored-made for me to write, this is the one.

Dragon-Man has always been one of my favorites, since one of the first FF comics I bought was #134:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/comicsvf/fantasticfourv1/134.jpg

So, to get the o.k. to use him in this story was so cool. I really can't believe I'm doing this. Really, honestly can't.

Anyhoo.. thanks for the support and hope y'all love it.

Allen Y
11-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Good luck with the project, Tom.

Allen