PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons just had the best fucking opening ever

Ray G.
11-13-2005, 04:01 PM
"Couch world" :rofl:

They've still got it once in a while.

AAlgar
11-13-2005, 04:27 PM
The episode, on the other hand, is pretty miserable.

I hate to turn into one of those "The Simpsons is losing it" guys, but I think I'm finally starting to see it that way. :?

Jacob Lyon Goddard
11-13-2005, 04:31 PM
if i had seen this episode 15 years ago i would have thought boy, how do they come up with this stuff
now i just think, man, they're really hurting for ideas

Shwicaz
11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
i chuckle every time I see a simpson's thread.

because its usually full of people who complain how bad the show is after all these years.

and yet you still watch it.

:rofl:

Roman Noodles
11-13-2005, 04:33 PM

because its usually full of people who complain how bad the show is after all these years.

They like me are hoping for some truly great Simpsons episodes like the ones in season six, Bart versus Australia anyone?

Jacob Lyon Goddard
11-13-2005, 04:34 PM

we're comic book fans

RyanP
11-13-2005, 04:36 PM
That opening was killer. Killer couch, killer.

Shwicaz
They like me are hoping for some truly great Simpsons episodes like the ones in season six, Bart versus Australia anyone?

yes, but in the past year or so of watching it every week (we'll say the last 52 weeks of viewing) how much of percantage would you say sucked?

You guys/gals remind me of those people who bitched about Chuck Austen every month, and yet continued to buy his run on X-Men anyway.

And every month, people would say 'gee, see the latest sales figures? Why is Austen's X-men in the top 10 every month? its so bad?"

buy watching it and then complaining about it almost every damn week, you are telling Fox "Yeah! Give me more of this shit!"

Ray G.
Too bad the opening was the funniest thing in the whole half-hour.

God, why do they even try to do Marge-centric episodes anymore?

Shwicaz
11-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Too bad the opening was the funniest thing in the whole half-hour.

God, why do they even try to do Marge-centric episodes anymore?

because you keep watching them.

AAlgar
11-13-2005, 04:37 PM
we're comic book fans

What do you mean "we," pale face?

Jacob Lyon Goddard
11-13-2005, 04:38 PM
What do you mean "we," pale face?
you're not?

Thudpucker
11-13-2005, 04:38 PM
They could always pull out of the slump, that's why fans hang in there.

A new creative team, a few inspired ideas, and it's back.

Shwicaz
11-13-2005, 04:40 PM
you're not?

I think he refers to the fact that you always make a distinction that you don't read 'comics', you read graphic novels and trades.

Shwicaz
11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
so, no one can answer the question of how many 'awesome' episodes they have seen of The Simpsons since the beginning of the year?

Ray G.
11-13-2005, 04:42 PM
so, no one can answer the question of how many 'awesome' episodes they have seen of The Simpsons since the beginning of the year?

2. The last two episodes of last season(Flanders moves, and Bart goes to Catholic school). Both, especially the latter, belong in the top fifty episodes of all time. The second might be top twenty.

Thudpucker
11-13-2005, 04:42 PM

Havn't watched more than one or two episodes in the last 5 years.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
11-13-2005, 04:44 PM
I think he refers to the fact that you always make a distinction that you don't read 'comics', you read graphic novels and trades.
:mistrust:
comics are my preferred nomenclature for little boxes drawn next to each other

Kefky
11-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Say what you will, but if faily guy ever reaches a 10th season, it'll be at least 20 times then the simpsons is right now.

DaveCummings
11-13-2005, 06:21 PM

But, if anyone is like me, it's because there is still that jem of an episode out there. Besides, even the bad episodes of Simpsons are still a hell of a lot better than most other stuff on TV.

That said, the past couple of seasons of Simpsons have for the most part, been pretty good. Unlike the streak of a couple of years where it kinda sucked except for the halloween episode. But, now the past couple of years, the Halloween episodes have been the weak point.

But to me, the only episodes of Simpsons I really, REALLY couldn't be bothered to watch again were the one where Homer manages a Country singer (because I really don't like Country Music), the one where they go to Alcatraz, and another one where the ending kinda devolved to them going on about Canada (though I do love the episode where they go to Canada to get cheap drugs).

~Dave

Ray G.
05-21-2006, 04:33 PM
The return of Couch World!

WOOOOO!!!!

aj110
05-21-2006, 04:44 PM
I loved the blimp joke.

TOO SOON!

Jerome Gibbons
05-21-2006, 04:57 PM
we're comic book fans
:mistrust:

Did he actually say that?

YouStayClassy
05-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Man... they kinda limped through that finale. Still, this was one of the better seasons they've done this decade.

andrew french
05-21-2006, 05:36 PM
i'd just like to say, i was someone who realized the simpsons were shit 5 years ago, and gave them up. so, i'm sure there are many.

chris page
05-21-2006, 05:40 PM
i really haven't watched much of the simpsons in the last few years. got difficult to watch when the episodes were sub-par, and i've since adjusted to not watching it. plus, i can watch the re-runs on DVD and be happy with last decade's goodness.

CapnChaos
05-21-2006, 06:07 PM
I loved the couch/zombie gags, too. Fantastic.

As much as I like Mandy Moore, the rest of the episode was mediocre at best. Same with the Ricky Gervais episode they reran before it.

I totally agree about the Catholic school episode. One of the best ever. Just sad that the quality is so middling for most of them.

Ray G.
05-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I loved the couch/zombie gags, too. Fantastic.

As much as I like Mandy Moore, the rest of the episode was mediocre at best. Same with the Ricky Gervais episode they reran before it.

I totally agree about the Catholic school episode. One of the best ever. Just sad that the quality is so middling for most of them.

And it wasn't as great as the Catholic School ep., but the one that aired right before, where Flanders moves, was pretty good too. Especially the first half.