PDA

View Full Version : How Does One Go About Becoming A Comic Book Editor?

TaylorCayes
11-09-2005, 06:19 PM
I've been trying to get some information on this for a while and couldn't find anything. What would you study and how would you get a job as an editor?

copypastepuke
11-09-2005, 07:08 PM
id assume go about doing what you would for any job.
try to get internships in editing. on newspapers or anythign for that matter. then branch out into other genres, when you have some experience.

AvidFan
11-11-2005, 07:32 AM
specifically you'd have to find out just what the best comicbook editors do and how they work with the artists on a day to day/month level

AF.

Murdock's Girl
11-17-2005, 06:44 AM
You know Avid....I have been doing the same type of thing for a good year now trying to find out about editing....
What irks me the most is the fact that Wizard etc. always have a 'how to break into the industry' article----for inkers, writers, artists, colorists yada yada, but never for the people (the few of us there are) who want to work behind the scenes. It pisses me off greatly.
the only thing i was able to get from anyone was ''to get your foot in the door- intern at marvel or dc' which i would do in a heartbeat, but i don't live in NYC, and im in school now....sigh.
Tess