PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Kameo for the 360 in the stores yet ?

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I know the 360 isn't out yet and this may sound odd but according to EB games its already been shipped (it came out a few days ago according to the website)

I personally haven't seen it anywhere but i was just curious if this was true or just a goof up on EB's account

Briomega
11-08-2005, 04:27 PM
I know the 360 isn't out yet and this may sound odd but according to EB games its already been shipped (it came out a few days ago according to the website)

I personally haven't seen it anywhere but i was just curious if this was true or just a goof up on EB's account

Yeah, it's been reported on several news sites that Kameo, PDZ and PGR3 plus accessories for the 360 should be in stores this week.

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2005, 07:02 PM
i'm tempted to go to the local EB tomorow and ask :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/665/665527p1.html (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/665/665527p1.html)

(i know the 360 isn't out yet but it was one of my launch buy games )

Jonny Z
11-08-2005, 07:04 PM
yeah, im hearing that too...

i might go out and buy PDZ, but i still don't know where i'm gonna get an xbox from...

i'm gonna have to line up at best buy at midnight on the 21st.

does anyone know the details of what's going on at best buy regarding the 360s?

Petey Parker
11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
I remember buying Blue Stinger about a week and a half before the Dreamcast itself came out. Man that game was a piece of shit.

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2005, 07:19 PM
yeah, im hearing that too...

i might go out and buy PDZ, but i still don't know where i'm gonna get an xbox from...

i'm gonna have to line up at best buy at midnight on the 21st.

does anyone know the details of what's going on at best buy regarding the 360s?

K i got a scoop from a friend about a local Best Buy but this might not be the same for all of them. The best buy closest to the school im going to was gonna do a midnight opening because they were expecting 100 360's well turns out a few days ago they got a notice in saying they were only getting about 20 day one.

The manager working there wasn't too happy either way so they decided not to do a midnight thing because 20 systems wouldn't work well with a midnight crowd.

Myself im taking my chances and going to a 24 hour walmart mid day on that monday. Hopfully there won't be a crowd mid day but if there is then there are 3 other wallys and a best buy near where i live ...not to mention a circut city, a toys r us an a few other stores ...i'm gonna try to get one day one.

worst case scenario i already put 50 down at EB. if i can't get one day one then i'll settle for before christmas i suppose

Briomega
11-08-2005, 07:20 PM
If I see Kameo I'll probably pick it up and hopefully a controller and the recharge kit. Though from some of the reports it seems like most stores won't be putting any of these out, only selling them to those who've pre-ordered them.

Man, what an ultimate tease though. To have the game and not be able to play it for 2 weeks. :surrend:

Jonny Z
11-08-2005, 07:21 PM
K i got a scoop from a friend about a local Best Buy but this might not be the same for all of them. The best buy closest to the school im going to was gonna do a midnight opening because they were expecting 100 360's well turns out a few days ago they got a notice in saying they were only getting about 20 day one.

The manager working there wasn't too happy either way so they decided not to do a midnight thing because 20 systems wouldn't work well with a midnight crowd.

Myself im taking my chances and going to a 24 hour walmart mid day on that monday. Hopfully there won't be a crowd mid day but if there is then there are 3 other wallys and a best buy near where i live ...not to mention a circut city, a toys r us an a few other stores ...i'm gonna try to get one day one.

worst case scenario i already put 50 down at EB. if i can't get one day one then i'll settle for before christmas i suppose

yeah, i got 50 on an xbox at my EB too, but i only did it a few weeks ago, so they told me i wont get til second shipment (whenever that is)

what do you mean about going mid-day on monday? wont that be too early?

Briomega
11-08-2005, 07:24 PM

Best bet if you live in a pretty busy area is to take a drive to the stores located out in the boonies if you can.

What worries me the most is I keep hearing stories saying that even if you pre-ordered you may have to camp out to get one. Which is bullshit. The whole point of pre-ordering is to guarantee it. And I pre-ordered early as hell, too.

Boris the Blade
11-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Some stores get merchandise weeks before release. They're just usually not supposed to sell it.

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
yeah, i got 50 on an xbox at my EB too, but i only did it a few weeks ago, so they told me i wont get til second shipment (whenever that is)

what do you mean about going mid-day on monday? wont that be too early?

not from what i'm hearing...hey it won't kill me to at least go and check. if noabodys there it's double cool ...

And Brio i hear ya....Microsoft is suposidly shorting the first shipment in alot of places to get the whole "we sold out effect" there suposed to have 2-3 more shipments before christmas though .....either way its shitty (though remember this is only what i hear not for definate)

Briomega
11-08-2005, 07:42 PM
not from what i'm hearing...hey it won't kill me to at least go and check. if noabodys there it's double cool ...

And Brio i hear ya....Microsoft is suposidly shorting the first shipment in alot of places to get the whole "we sold out effect" there suposed to have 2-3 more shipments before christmas though .....either way its shitty (though remember this is only what i hear not for definate)

Yeah, some of the stuff is a bit hard to believe. But, then with Microsoft throwing a fucking Rave to celebrate the release of the 360, anything's possible.

Supposedly, they are doing all of this because they want only the hardest core gamers to get their hands on the system. That way those folks will invite their friends over to show off and thus make all of them want to try and get one by going to great lengths, and so on and so on.

Nevermind the folks who were so hardcore they pre-ordered before the price was set, etc. If you aren't willing to sit in the freezing cold overnight, you aren't hardcore enough. Pfthh. :-?

Hil
11-08-2005, 08:10 PM
We bought it this afternoon. One guy got Kameo, me I got Guitar Hero. Who needs a 360 when you can play guitar on your PS2!!

Bandit Chimera
11-08-2005, 08:59 PM
We bought it this afternoon. One guy got Kameo, me I got Guitar Hero. Who needs a 360 when you can play guitar on your PS2!!

does IGN have a 360 that they could play it with (like a demo kit) or is he just waiting too. I'd buy a guitar game but i doubt i'd play it after the first few weeks it seems kinda fadish to me (like DDR was to alot of people a year ago)