PDA

View Full Version : Help with HOM continuity glitches.

Icarus
11-05-2005, 11:28 AM
1. Why HOM Spiderman makes no sense within the HOM mini.

2. Why Hulk was the only comic where people found themsleves in different places to whee they started off before HOM.

3. Why Scorpions mother remembered HOM.

4. Why Reed and Sues greatest wish was to be dead.

5. Why Iceman still had his powers after HOM in BP.

6. Why Hawkeye was walking around with a newspaper article on his death when reality had been changed on a structural level not a mental one.

7. Why some people were brought back to life and others werent. E.G Who which of the heroes who were granted their greates wish wished for the return of Pyro.

Id love to have explanations. Right now my view is bad editing. Please dont use the old Marvel have so many books to co-ordinate argument. DC can do it to a larger degree so I dont see why Marvel cant.

I promise I wont bitch if you can give me good explanations. Insulting me isnt an explanation btw.

Brian feel free to prove me wrong.

Adrian B AWESOME
11-05-2005, 11:31 AM
1. Who.

2. Gives.

3. A.

4. Crap.

5. Purple.

6. Monkey.

7. Dishwasher.

Brandon Reynolds
11-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Two words:

Chaos Magic

Xander Boune
11-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Two words:

Chaos Magic

Works for me.

twigglet
11-05-2005, 12:07 PM

2. Why Hulk was the only comic where people found themsleves in different places to whee they started off before HOM.

6. Why Hawkeye was walking around with a newspaper article on his death when reality had been changed on a structural level not a mental one.

7. Why some people were brought back to life and others werent. E.G Who which of the heroes who were granted their greates wish wished for the return of Pyro.

Id love to have explanations. Right now my view is bad editing. Please dont use the old Marvel have so many books to co-ordinate argument. DC can do it to a larger degree so I dont see why Marvel cant.

I promise I wont bitch if you can give me good explanations. Insulting me isnt an explanation btw.

The X-men/BP crossover takes place before Black Panthers HOM issue, it would be silly for Marvel to release the tie-in at the end of HOM which is where it would of been continuity wise, as readers would have less of a interest if the book was after HOM as they allready knew the outcome.

No-one knows whats up with Hawkeye, he's definitly supposed to have that article for some reason or other, Wanda let him keep it.

The heroes which come back to life were mostly featured, I'd wager other mutants were alive again, just not prominantly featured.

I havn't read HOM Spidey #5 yet.

I don't think Hulk was the only comic where people found themselves in different places, last time I checked the New Mutants wern't in the mansion, Collosus wasn't in Russia, Wasp was inb Britain I think and the heroes all started in Genosha..... they got taken where there wishes were the most fulfilled (?)

Reed and Sues wish wern't probably considered, Wanda's wish didn't affect them.

I don't know anything about Scorpions mother. But seems random people remember HOM.

Ben
11-05-2005, 12:08 PM
There's tons of potential for a great ROM parody thread.

Raphael J
11-05-2005, 12:13 PM

1. It does. HoM Spider-Man occurs before House of M.

2. Storm wasn't in Africa before House of M. Lots of characters weren't where they started before House of M. Sebastian Shaw is another big example.

3. I have no answer for that. I don't read the book.

4. It obviously wasn't. Reread issue 7.

5. That arc of Black Panther, to my understanding, is pre-House of M.

6. Wanda's hold over reality isn't strong enough to take away from someone who is looking for the truth, he's special because of his status after issue 8, or because Wanda allowed him to. Take your pick.

7. Once again, reread issue 7.

seattlecayman
11-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Didn't read Hulk or Spider-Man but:

4. Why Reed and Sues greatest wish was to be dead. - They didn't. They weren't present when the Avengers and Astonishing X-Men went to Genosha. Their deaths were just part of what happened in this timeline.

5. Why Iceman still had his powers after HOM in BP. - The arc takes place before HoM even though the BP issue came out after the HoM issue. Funny scheduling issue, since it was a crossover with Adjectiveless.

7. Why some people were brought back to life and others werent. E.G Who which of the heroes who were granted their greates wish wished for the return of Pyro. - Some of the characters are alive because the history of the world went different in the timeline created by Wanda. The circumstances that led to the deaths of some characters didn't happen in this timeline. No legacy virus, for example.

Michael

t00lverine
11-05-2005, 01:43 PM
It's the warped prism of Wanda!!!!!

Chingòn
11-05-2005, 01:47 PM
1. Who.

2. Gives.

3. A.

4. Crap.

5. Purple.

6. Monkey.

7. Dishwasher.
1. Best.

2. Post

3. Evah.

4. By.

5. Someone

6. ThatIsNot

7. Me.

Kefky
11-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Um, who cares? It's already over. Just move on, people.

DrMachine
11-05-2005, 04:37 PM

1. didn't read it
2. I suspect this will be answered in the Hulk book
3. I suspect this will be answered in teh Hulk book
4. says who? they weren't present when Wanda went nuts...they were the victim of Doom's machinations
5. BP takes place before HOM
6. Obviously Wanda's changes weren't 100%, some were mental/magical which hawkeye could see throug
7. It was an alternate history, in which Pyro didn't die

The Zevad
11-05-2005, 05:04 PM

What it comes down to is this. Spidey HOM, Iron Man HOM, and FF HOM was a total waste of freaking money. You didn't need them to advance the mini. You didn't need it for anything .All of them were lousy reads. Spidey HOM was decent but it ends with him faking his death. And mutants hating his meta human ass. So watch me as bitch and moan that I wasted 33 bucks for buncha crap. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

jza1218
11-05-2005, 09:42 PM
1. It does. HoM Spider-Man occurs before House of M.

How does it occur before it if people think he's dead and he's just walking around the city without a care in the world?

Cth
11-06-2005, 03:32 AM

As I've said since the start..

Doom's greatest wish was likely for his mother to have not died, which means he didn't do the experiment in college, didn't get a scar, etc.

Or quite simply, he wanted them dead.

Doom's wishes would seem more "wish driven" than Reed. What's Reed gonna wish for? Another patent? He's got two kids, a wife, friends, etc.

Blandy vs Terrorism
11-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Icarus.

You are too fucking anal. Lighten up. It's comic books. Got it?