PDA

View Full Version : Eagles suspend T.O. indefinitely

bartleby
11-05-2005, 09:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2214754 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2214754)

Ray G.
11-05-2005, 09:37 AM
You've got to work pretty hard to accomplish that. What an ass.

Smokinblues
11-05-2005, 09:39 AM
God I hope nobody ever pays this fuckwad again. He's proven twice now that he'll ruin teams to get his way.

Allen Y
11-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Heard about this a few minutes ago, and it's unbelieveable. Especially as I think he wasn't that wrong in his over-blown statements in themselves, as anyone with common sense would take a healthy Bret Favre over an injured Donovan McNabb (healthy McNabb a different story of course), and it would have been a welcome gesture to throw something up on the giant screen congratulating TO breaking 100 TDs. Though how he said the statements and outright calling the organization classless, served well.

Doesn't change the fact that I said the Eagles wouldn't make the playoffs a week ago, though.

Allen

Smokinblues
11-05-2005, 09:42 AM
he basically threw his entire team under the bus. not to mentioned submarined mcnabb for the umpteenth time. he's a cancer.

Taxman
11-05-2005, 09:42 AM
This is really the only way to handle something like this.

Shane W
11-05-2005, 09:47 AM
FUCK.. I have some fantasy league scrambling to do!!

Fuck!!

Taxman
11-05-2005, 10:02 AM

Fuck!!:lol:

Smokinblues
11-05-2005, 10:04 AM

Fuck!!

yeah i have him in one league.

Shane W
:lol:

Shit man, this hurts..

I've offered a trade to every team now.. Let's hope someone hasn't checked the news yet.

Shane W
yeah i have him in one league.

I have him in my money league where I'm winning overall.. This sucks!!

Taxman
11-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Shit man, this hurts..

I've offered a trade to every team now.. Let's hope someone hasn't checked the news yet.I have never done fantasy, but I want to believe that I never would have taken him.

Shane W
11-05-2005, 10:15 AM
I have never done fantasy, but I want to believe that I never would have taken him.

I'd like to invite you to play in my league next year.

Taxman
11-05-2005, 10:41 AM
I'd like to invite you to play in my league next year.You think I am dumb? I am not at all surprised by this developement.

Smokinblues
11-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I have never done fantasy, but I want to believe that I never would have taken him.

This was an autodraft league

ihategravity
11-05-2005, 11:46 AM
WAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAH

NO ONE NOTICED OR CONGRATULATED ME ON MY 100TH TOUCHDOWN

WAHHAAAAAHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

I guess I need to use this wad of 100 dollar bills as a tissue to dry my tears.

WAAAAAAAAAAHH....

Smokinblues
11-05-2005, 11:48 AM
WAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAH

NO ONE NOTICED OR CONGRATULATED ME ON MY 100TH TOUCHDOWN

WAHHAAAAAHHH WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

I guess I need to use this wad of 100 dollar bills as a tissue to dry my tears.

WAAAAAAAAAAHH....

yeah he's shown himself to be quite the bitch

ritter
11-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Heard about this a few minutes ago, and it's unbelieveable. Especially as I think he wasn't that wrong in his over-blown statements in themselves, as anyone with common sense would take a healthy Bret Favre over an injured Donovan McNabb (healthy McNabb a different story of course), and it would have been a welcome gesture to throw something up on the giant screen congratulating TO breaking 100 TDs. Though how he said the statements and outright calling the organization classless, served well.

Doesn't change the fact that I said the Eagles wouldn't make the playoffs a week ago, though.

Allen
A healthy Brett Farve that just chucked 5 ints when the team was on his back?

And at no time at no point do the Eagles celebrate personal achievements under the Lurie ownership. Team first. If that was a fact and tehy did McNabb would have had fireworks for his 35 completions he had against the Chargers.

As an Eagles fan I am glad he is gone for awhile.

ihategravity
11-05-2005, 11:53 AM
yeah he's shown himself to be quite the bitch

And I was a TO supporter until this year. I said that he was a great player, and some of the shit that you need to go through with him is worth it, but NO MORE!!

The guy just needs to shut the fuck up, and play some good football, which I know he's more than capable of doing.

Smokinblues
11-05-2005, 11:54 AM
And I was a TO supporter until this year. I said that he was a great player, and some of the shit that you need to go through with him is worth it, but NO MORE!!

The guy just needs to shut the fuck up, and play some good football, which I know he's more than capable of doing.

he's capable of playing good football. but clearly he can't shut up.

Taxman
11-05-2005, 11:57 AM
he's capable of playing good football. but clearly he can't shut up.Ya never know. Maybe he will wise up after a good benching. I dobut it, but maybe. At this point he probably thinks this is a good thing because he expects the Eagles to get their heads kicked in without him, so they will come around to his way of thinking after a couple of games.

ihategravity
11-05-2005, 11:58 AM
he's capable of playing good football. but clearly he can't shut up.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just didn't word it clearly.

Allen Y
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
A healthy Brett Farve that just chucked 5 ints when the team was on his back?
Coaching staff aside, do you honestly want to compare the horridly depleted Packers roster to that of the Eagles?

Allen

Foolish Mortal
11-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Owens' is a fantastic player. But he clearly doesn't know when to shut the fuck up. Every single time he opens his mouth, nothing of any intellectual substance comes out.

Georgie
11-05-2005, 01:05 PM
I've been following the Eagles this year. You could call them "my team". I haven't "had" a team in years. And since I started, I've always thought "Man, this TO guy pisses me off. He's not THAT great."

I watched the interview with him a couple days ago, the one that got him suspended. He kept comparing himself to Michael Irving. I had to laugh, cos he's not as good as Irving was.

I'll continue to root for the Eagles, though. I'm just glad TO is out and McNabb is still in, although he's injured as fuck this year. At least he's still playing. McNabb rules.

Shane W
11-05-2005, 01:06 PM
I've been following the Eagles this year. You could call them "my team". I haven't "had" a team in years. And since I started, I've always thought "Man, this TO guy pisses me off. He's not THAT great."

I watched the interview with him a couple days ago, the one that got him suspended. He kept comparing himself to Michael Irving. I had to laugh, cos he's not as good as Irving was.

I'll continue to root for the Eagles, though. I'm just glad TO is out and McNabb is still in, although he's injured as fuck this year. At least he's still playing. McNabb rules.

:-?

Taxman
11-05-2005, 01:07 PM
:-?:lol:

Foolish Mortal
11-05-2005, 01:09 PM

LOL. Yeah I know. Many people still insist on slapping a 'g' on the end of Michael Irvin's name. Even diehard Cowboy fans. :lol:

Georgie

Shane, he's not. I haven't watched every game this year, on account of my work schedule. But of all the games I've watched, I've yet to be wowed by him. Now, Westbrooke, on the other hand. That guy is good. Not great, but you can tell he's gonna go far. No pun intended.

ritter
Coaching staff aside, do you honestly want to compare the horridly depleted Packers roster to that of the Eagles?

Allen
Do you actually want to compare Brett Farve now to McNabb at 75%?

Georgie
11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
LOL. Yeah I know. Many people still insist on slapping a 'g' on the end of Michael Irvin's name. Even diehard Cowboy fans. :lol:

Oh shit. Hah! My bad. I was never a Cowboys fan. But I knew there was no G. I guess it's just habit...the ing thing.

Allen Y
11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
This is happening because McNabb is injured, and not getting the ball more to TO with all of the passing plays they've run. And why is McNabb injured? The Madden curse. For reals, son.

Look up my post history, I called this and even avoided McNabb in fantasy football as much as possible. I just hope a Colt or another player I'm a fan of (ex. LT) isn't on the cover next year.

Allen

Allen Y
11-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Do you actually want to compare Brett Farve now to McNabb at 75%?
:?

I already said I'd take a healthy Favre (who has come off his best conditioning offseason) than McNabb whose dealing with multiple injuries.

Allen

Georgie
11-05-2005, 01:13 PM
This is happening because McNabb is injured, and not getting the ball more to TO with all of the passing plays they've run. And why is McNabb injured? The Madden curse. For reals, son.

Look up my post history, I called this and even avoided McNabb in fantasy football as much as possible. I just hope a Colt or another player I'm a fan of (ex. LT) isn't on the cover next year.

Allen

And TO was on the cover to last year's ESPN NFL 2K5 (which is way better than Madden, I might adD). Coincidence?

Allen Y
11-05-2005, 01:15 PM
And TO was on the cover to last year's ESPN NFL 2K5 (which is way better than Madden, I might adD). Coincidence?
That's last year, though. TO was great last year, especially in the Super Bowl.

Allen

Taxman
11-05-2005, 01:18 PM
This is happening because McNabb is injured . . .This is happening because TO is a controlled by a narcissistic personality disorder. In the end, it really doesn't matter what kind of year Philly had, chances were very high that TO was going to act out in some destructive manner at some point once his cries of being underpaid were not heeded.

Allen Y
11-05-2005, 01:24 PM
This is happening because TO is a controlled by a narcissistic personality disorder. In the end, it really doesn't matter what kind of year Philly had, chances were very high that TO was going to act out in some destructive manner at some point once his cries of being underpaid were not heeded.
Yes, but this eventual breakdown is catalyzed by McNabb's injury and TO's negative comments regarding his performance/ability.

Allen

Smokinblues
11-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Yes, but this eventual breakdown is catalyzed by McNabb's injury and TO's negative comments regarding his performance/ability.

Allen

TO has been an egomaniacal childish bitch from well before McNabb was hurt.

Chingòn
11-05-2005, 01:30 PM
i say send him to oakland, with all the other crybabies.

Allen Y
11-05-2005, 01:59 PM
TO has been an egomaniacal childish bitch from well before McNabb was hurt.
Again, I'm not saying he's not. Everyone saw this coming during the offseason.

Allen

DungeonMasterJim
11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
And why is McNabb injured? The Madden curse. For reals, son.

I'd say it's because the Eagles don't bother to run the ball. Might as well blitz the QB all the time if the Eagles aren't going to run it.

I'm quite happy TO got suspended because my fantasy football opponent for this weekend has him on his roster! :)

The semi-sucky part is, football talk shows will be rewarding TO handsomely whenever he retires just to have a 'colorful' analyst on their shows. :roll:

DM Jim

Patrick J
11-05-2005, 04:42 PM
This is happening because TO is a controlled by a narcissistic personality disorder. In the end, it really doesn't matter what kind of year Philly had, chances were very high that TO was going to act out in some destructive manner at some point once his cries of being underpaid were not heeded.

TO isn't just acting the way he is purely because of Drew Rosenhaus, he acted that way long before he had Rosenhaus as his agent.

And remember, Rosenhaus also represents Jeremy Shockey who just renegotiated his contract with the G-Men, and got a pretty decent deal without engaging in all the public crying and theatrics like TO has been up to.

Taxman
11-05-2005, 04:46 PM
TO isn't just acting the way he is purely because of Drew Rosenhaus, he acted that way long before he had Rosenhaus as his agent.:lol:

I made no mention of Rosenhaus, it is Owens' own narcissistic personality disorder that controls him.

Adrian B AWESOME
11-05-2005, 04:55 PM
See, this is why I love Marvin Harrison.

Patrick J
11-05-2005, 04:59 PM
:lol:

I made no mention of Rosenhaus, it is Owens' own narcissistic personality disorder that controls him.

:Oops: :lol:

Funny that I thought Drew Rosenhaus was the "narcissistic personality disorder" you were referring to.

Alex(sadly)Maleev
11-05-2005, 05:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2214754 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2214754)
Familiar situation when kids reach 100, 500, 1000, 10000 posts. They feel it has to be recognized. I'll talk to the other Mods to start suspending here too. :twisted:

King of Mars
11-05-2005, 08:51 PM

You're right, he's not as good as Irvin was...he's better. Check out how his career numbers, complied in ten seasons, compare to Irvin's, which were compiled in twelve seasons.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3664/career (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3664/career)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/232/career (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/232/career)

Clearly, Owens is the better player.

Brian Defferding
11-05-2005, 08:57 PM
See, this is why I love Marvin Harrison.

I fuckin' love Marvin Harrison. "Manning throws the ball, and I'm just there to catch it." So incredibly simple, and it's music to my ears in a league of Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

Chingòn
11-06-2005, 12:50 AM
Familiar situation when kids reach 100, 500, 1000, 10000 posts. They feel it has to be recognized. I'll talk to the other Mods to start suspending here too. :twisted:
i love you.