PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Girls [10/25/05]

Freeway
10-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Another strong episode this week, as it seems that the Rory/Lorelai estrangement may be on its last legs. Tons of cool stuff this week, with Richard worrying about Rory, Luke supporting Lorelai, and the whole mess of subplots just bouncin' around.

NEXT WEEK: No new episode!
WEEK AFTER THAT: Sweet lord, Jess returns!

bartleby
10-25-2005, 06:52 PM
The Rift seriously needs to end. And Rory's gotta stop being so damn whiny.

Taki Soma
10-25-2005, 06:55 PM
"this tastes like my little pony"

Freeway
10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
The Rift seriously needs to end. And Rory's gotta stop being so damn whiny.

I'm not gonna say how, but scuttlebutt says that The Rift will probably end in November (Read: During Sweeps).

And it warms my heart to see the writers using all these neat little things they've established over the past 5 seasons during this one, including 1000 little Luke/Lorelai things.

sleep
10-25-2005, 06:57 PM
:lol:

artimoff
10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
I bought seasons 1 & 2 at Target for $18.88 each a few weeks ago. Even though the last thing I've seen was Lane as a cheerleader & the Girls have termites, but I've taped this weeks episode to see if I wan't to buy seasons 3-5 at full price.

I kinda hope I don't like it so I can save money. ;-)

Freeway
10-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I bought seasons 1 & 2 at Target for $18.88 each a few weeks ago. Even though the last thing I've seen was Lane as a cheerleader & the Girls have termites, but I've taped this weeks episode to see if I wan't to buy seasons 3-5 at full price.

I kinda hope I don't like it so I can save money. ;-)

Submit! Submit!

artimoff
10-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Wow! That was really weird.

Babette doesn't have crazy hair anymore & kinda looks like my mother. :scared:

Paris is sleeping with Jonathan Levinson from Buffy? They had quite the routine going.

Logan just sucks.

Rory quit's school? Willow went evil & killed Warren she still finnished school.

Richard's mustache has to go, maybe Logan can take it with him when he get's hit by the bus I plan to drive to Hartford in.

Luke is poli-sylabic now? he still had the best lines. I loved his scene with Rory. Very touching.

Biggest freak-out was that Kirk is in the credits, Sookie lost weight, & the dream that exactly reflected the routine Loreali & Rory did in season 1 when she turned 16.

I'll have to see if I can find season 3 on Ebay. :)

artimoff
10-25-2005, 08:42 PM

Best line of the night for sure.

PoWerSurge
10-26-2005, 03:14 AM

That was THE funniest line EVER in a sit-com

My wife and I were dieing laughing

Ray G.
10-26-2005, 05:07 AM
The rift had better end soon. :mad:

Luke has been the only thing keeping me watching this season. Oh, and I'd like to put my vote in for Jess kicking Logan in the taint and hooking back up with Rory.

PoWerSurge
10-26-2005, 05:19 AM

Luke has been the only thing keeping me watching this season. Oh, and I'd like to put my vote in for Jess kicking Logan in the taint and hooking back up with Rory.

My wife and I hate Jess, we dispise Jess.

The thing that pisses me off about that preview, and hopefully it will get clarified better, is that Jess wanted Rory to run away with him. How can he make that offer then sneak back in and tell her she's fucking up her life

SherryPops
10-26-2005, 05:27 AM
I...um...actually enjoy smarmy Logan. Yet, I am looking forward to Jess possibly smacking him around. Iím a little conflicted.

PoWerSurge
10-26-2005, 05:32 AM
I...um...actually enjoy smarmy Logan. Yet, I am looking forward to Jess possibly smacking him around. Iím a little conflicted.

Logan grew on us, he turned out to be more than just a spoiled brat

artimoff
10-26-2005, 06:14 AM

The thing that pisses me off about that preview, and hopefully it will get clarified better, is that Jess wanted Rory to run away with him. How can he make that offer then sneak back in and tell her she's fucking up her life

I hate Jess too & I'm only half way through season 2. But if he can get Rory back into Yale & maybe make Logan "dissapear' I'll love him for life.

Nick_Ardill
10-26-2005, 06:14 AM
I guess I'm the only person who kind of liked Jess. Yeah he was a dick but he at least had some spirit as opposed to Dean, and lived in the real world as opposed to Logan. If Logan truly cared about Rory who would never have gone along with the dropping out of Yale in the first place. I think he just wants a girl like Emily.

Kensington
10-26-2005, 07:09 AM
I hate Jess too & I'm only half way through season 2. But if he can get Rory back into Yale & maybe make Logan "dissapear' I'll love him for life.Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't get to just drop in and out of Yale according to your personal whims, do you? Isn't there a huge waiting list of people eager to snatch up any openings that might arise when some spoiled princess effs up (and don't get me wrong -- I love Rory, but she really effed up)?

Taki Soma
10-26-2005, 07:20 AM

I agree

the rift has made the show boring.

Luke IS great.

I hate Logan.

Jess better step up and kick his ass up and down his massive mansion.

Freeway
10-26-2005, 07:30 AM
I agree

the rift has made the show boring.

Luke IS great.

I hate Logan.

Jess better step up and kick his ass up and down his massive mansion.

The Rift has made this season DIFFERENT, and we're in line for a nice payoff with the inevitable reunion. The Luke/Lorelai pairing (running since the last couple episodes of Season 4) is a great example of long-term booking, as we were given both of them with unsuccessful relationships and the other one whining/pining about the whole thing...and then they paid it off. I bet there's a payoff to the long-term Rory/Dean/Logan/Jess storyline, as she blew off Dean to be with Jess and then Jess left, and then Dean came back married, and then Jess came back at the end of S4 and asked Rory to run away with him. I'm looking forward to a nice payoff, and Team Palladino has shown that they're ALWAYS going to pay off long-term storylines in a satisfying way.

Oh, and some SWEEPS SPOILERS [Don't Look If You Don't Want To Know]:

6-8: "Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out" (Nov 7): Jess returns and tells Rory that she inspired him to write a book. Rory accepts Jess' invitation for dinner, and LOGAN shows up and it's on like neckbone. SPARKS~!

6-9: "The Prodigal Daughter Returns" (Nov 14): Christopher calls. A little girl shows up who may (or may not) be Luke's long-lost daughter. Lorelai & Rory make up.

6-10: "He's Slippin' 'Em Bread...Dig?" (Nov 22): Christopher returns. Luke deals with the crazy crap from last episode. And the girls enjoy their first Thanksgiving at the Dragonfly.

Taki Soma
10-26-2005, 07:32 AM
The Rift has made this season DIFFERENT, and we're in line for a nice payoff with the inevitable reunion. The Luke/Lorelai pairing (running since the last couple episodes of Season 4) is a great example of long-term booking, as we were given both of them with unsuccessful relationships and the other one whining/pining about the whole thing...and then they paid it off. I bet there's a payoff to the long-term Rory/Dean/Logan/Jess storyline, as she blew off Dean to be with Jess and then Jess left, and then Dean came back married, and then Jess came back at the end of S4 and asked Rory to run away with him. I'm looking forward to a nice payoff, and Team Palladino has shown that they're ALWAYS going to pay off long-term storylines in a satisfying way.

Oh, and some SWEEPS SPOILERS [Don't Look If You Don't Want To Know]:

6-8: "Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out" (Nov 7): Jess returns and tells Rory that she inspired him to write a book. Rory accepts Jess' invitation for dinner, and LOGAN shows up and it's on like neckbone. SPARKS~!

6-9: "The Prodigal Daughter Returns" (Nov 14): Christopher calls. A little girl shows up who may (or may not) be Luke's long-lost daughter. Lorelai & Rory make up.

6-10: "He's Slippin' 'Em Bread...Dig?" (Nov 22): Christopher returns. Luke deals with the crazy crap from last episode. And the girls enjoy their first Thanksgiving at the Dragonfly.
oh I know, there is going to be a pay off and I have no doubt. I have faith.

Freeway
10-26-2005, 07:34 AM
oh I know, there is going to be a pay off and I have no doubt. I have faith.

The show reminds me of the UK Office in the way they subtly set up things and then let them develop in the background for awhile.

Nick_Ardill
10-26-2005, 07:36 AM
WOAH!!!

Luke's long lost DAUGHTER?!?!?

artimoff
10-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Dean get's married?????????

I have to quit work & watch the DVDs faster.

Freeway
10-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Dean get's married?????????

I have to quit work & watch the DVDs faster.

In Season 4, I believe. Early part.

Ray G.
10-26-2005, 10:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't get to just drop in and out of Yale according to your personal whims, do you? Isn't there a huge waiting list of people eager to snatch up any openings that might arise when some spoiled princess effs up (and don't get me wrong -- I love Rory, but she really effed up)?

I'm pretty sure Rory deferred her next semester. Most colleges have that option, to pay a fee per semester and leave it open for you to return down the line. I can't see her being crazy enough to drop out.

Francis
10-26-2005, 11:28 AM
I bought seasons 1 & 2 at Target for $18.88 each a few weeks ago.

How on earth did you get them so cheap??

--
Francis

WinterRose
10-26-2005, 11:29 AM

Sweet hairy christ... we were well rid of dumbass Jess. Next thing you know, we're gonna have DEAN back. Hell with Dean AND Jess. I like Logan.

RÝcketFrÝg
10-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't get to just drop in and out of Yale according to your personal whims, do you? Isn't there a huge waiting list of people eager to snatch up any openings that might arise when some spoiled princess effs up (and don't get me wrong -- I love Rory, but she really effed up)?
There's always options for going back. Ivy League schools are all about retention. Once they accept you, they want you to graduate so they can boast about it. I could have gone back to Cornell for quite some time after I stopped going.

PoWerSurge
10-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Sweet hairy christ... we were well rid of dumbass Jess. Next thing you know, we're gonna have DEAN back. Hell with Dean AND Jess. I like Logan.

I told my unborn daughter last night that if she dated a jess she would be out of the will

WinterRose
10-26-2005, 11:32 AM
I guess I'm the only person who kind of liked Jess. Yeah he was a dick but he at least had some spirit as opposed to Dean, and lived in the real world as opposed to Logan. If Logan truly cared about Rory who would never have gone along with the dropping out of Yale in the first place. I think he just wants a girl like Emily.

You're way off about Logan, friend. And besides. Now that Lorelai and Luke are together, wouldn't it be unacceptably incestuous for Rory and the blasphemy whose name is Jess got together? Don't count on it.

Francis
10-26-2005, 11:33 AM
I also like Logan.
One of the show's strong points is that it's always able to portray the rich, while not always favorably, as PEOPLE. They don't mesh with the Stars Hollow world, but they have their own world and Rory is, not unsurprisingly, caught between the two.
Logan is not a bad guy, and he's not abusing Rory, I think he really likes her. He's much better for her than Jesse was, at the very least.

--
Francis

artimoff
10-26-2005, 01:31 PM
How on earth did you get them so cheap??

--
Francis

Target had a sale on all Warner Bros. season 1 & 2 DVD's. I also got Smallville season 1 for that price (they were out of season 2) & wanted to get Wonder Woman season 1 & 2, but I was broke.

Logan Sucks!!

hyde
10-29-2005, 05:23 PM
i just saw the episode and since no one said it, i will....

rory looked sooo adorable with bangs. like omg!