PDA

View Full Version : When you click on a thread...do you...

Shwicaz
10-21-2005, 06:20 AM
a. Read the first post in the thread, and read all the following responses, and then post a response.

or, do you

b. Read the first post, hit reply, and fuck anyone who already made your point (followed by 5 others)!

or do you

c. utilize another method (describe)

or

d. Mind your fucking buisiness, bitch! :mad:

Olivier E.
10-21-2005, 06:22 AM
c.) read the last post, read the posts on the page and when I'm bored I may fo look the first post

jason hissong
10-21-2005, 06:24 AM
It depends.

Sometimes I read the entire thread and then reply. Sometimes I reply as I go.

More so the former, though.

-j

Flonk
10-21-2005, 06:24 AM
I do what appaerently is known as "Jon_dying" the thread, where I just go though the entire thread and make my points. Sometimes getting 5 posts in a row.

Shwicaz
10-21-2005, 06:25 AM
I do what appaerently is known as "Jon_dying" the thread, where I just go though the entire thread and make my points. Sometimes getting 5 posts in a row.

ah. I am a fan of those at times.

Shwicaz
10-21-2005, 06:26 AM
as for me, if its only a few pages, i will read all then reply.

IF it's like 15 pages and shit, I will read the first post, then read the last page of posts (to see how the thread got de-railed, and what the disucssion is about now, and then reply to that. :lol: )

amy racecar
10-21-2005, 06:32 AM
I read all and then reply no matter the length. If the thread derails I tend to skim until I can find the point of the thread again though.

The Roman Candle
10-21-2005, 06:33 AM

IF it's like 15 pages and shit, I will read the first post, then read the last page of posts (to see how the thread got de-railed, and what the disucssion is about now, and then reply to that. :lol: )

This is basically my method, unless I'm very interested by the subject matter.

xyzzy
10-21-2005, 06:35 AM
a. I try to not repeat a point that has already been raised, regardless of thread length.

JABSEN
10-21-2005, 06:42 AM
If it's not too long I'll read it all.If its giant,I usually try to at least skim.

TyPierce
10-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Depends on how long the thread is and what the topic is. Usually I try to read the whole thing before posting, but if it's really long I'll read the first page, skim a few and then read the most recent page before posting. That way I don't come completely out of left field.

chrisfasowned
10-21-2005, 07:00 AM

ditto.

SimiBoyz
10-21-2005, 07:03 AM

Only 5?

That's hardly worth calling it jon_dyeing.

And in this thread I read up to that post and the one beyond it, replied, then read the rest.

I usually try to read the whole thread first though. But it depends on the thread.

Cth
10-21-2005, 07:04 AM
a. Read the first post in the thread, and read all the following responses, and then post a response.

or, do you

b. Read the first post, hit reply, and fuck anyone who already made your point (followed by 5 others)!

or do you

or

d. Mind your fucking buisiness, bitch! :mad:

SOMETIMES...

Open a new tab, quoting the post I want to respond to.. especially in a large thread.. get my throughts down, and check the remaining pages to see if someone made the same point.

TIP
10-21-2005, 07:06 AM
Method T: Gibberish.

T

Captain Nate
10-21-2005, 07:10 AM
Depends on the thread, my mood and my interest. :)

AAlgar
10-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Option L: read the "preview" of the thread without actually clicking on it, then return to the warmth and safety of my Ask thread.

PeterSparker
10-21-2005, 07:13 AM
I usually just hum the theme to 'Charles in Charge' when I click, then type whatever pops into my head regardless of how it relates to any discussion taking place at that particular moment.

DrMachine
10-21-2005, 07:17 AM
b

Sir Erudite Gav
10-21-2005, 07:17 AM
If it's a short thread, I'll read all the posts. If it's a few pages long, I'll just read the first few and then the last few. Then if I can be bothered, I'll post something.

TIP
10-21-2005, 07:19 AM
I usually just hum the theme to 'Charles in Charge' when I click, then type whatever pops into my head regardless of how it relates to any discussion taking place at that particular moment.

This sounds vaguely...familiar.

T
(scratches noodle)

copypastepuke
10-21-2005, 07:22 AM
i just post, sometimes it is rleated to what people are talking about, sometimes it isnt, but it isnt MEANT to derail conversation, it jsut happens sometimes.

SimiBoyz
10-21-2005, 07:23 AM
If it's a short thread, I'll read all the posts. If it's a few pages long, I'll just read the first few and then the last few. Then if I can be bothered, I'll post something.

I'm suprised you go to that much effort to catch up.

Victor Cabanelas
10-21-2005, 08:40 AM
If there aren´t too many pages, I read the whole thing.

If there´re many pages, I read the first and the last one (to see if they´re still talking about the original topic) and then I post.

Just for the record, I didn´t read a goddamn thing of this thread.