PDA

View Full Version : Fiona Apple playing NYC on December 11th!!!

Jonny Z
10-18-2005, 08:40 AM
tickets go on sale saturday... i gotta make sure i'm near a computer to order my tix.

who else wants in?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00003B5124BAFB96?artistid=780749&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60 (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00003B5124BAFB96?artistid=780749&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60)

JLTorres
10-18-2005, 08:41 AM
This might be my kind of thing.

jenifu
10-18-2005, 08:50 AM
i'd come down for this.

MIKE D
10-18-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm definitely down, I'll let you know 100% tonight if I'm still free that weekend.

adamgreenberger
10-18-2005, 09:34 AM
I thought she was dead...where has she been??

Jonny Z
10-18-2005, 09:43 AM
I thought she was dead...where has she been??

i decided to finally let her out of my basement...

Dennis K
10-18-2005, 10:41 AM
I thought she was dead.

Only professionally.

PeterSparker
10-18-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm definitely in, I'll also try saturday, but get as many as you can Z they'll get used.

Jonny Z
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm definitely in, I'll also try saturday, but get as many as you can Z they'll get used.

yeah, i'm trying to figure out how i'm gonna get em though... i'm leaving saturday at like 8 AM to get to delaware to visit my sis in college, but i'll definately be at her dorms by 12 so i shouldn't have a problem getting online to get the tix... but i don't wanna jinx myself :-?

but i can also call on the phone to get tix which shouldn't be a prob i don't think (although i've never ordered through ticketmaster via phone before)

i think i'll order 3 tickets... i don't wanna charge too much on my card though- i've been spending like crazy for the last month on comics and dvds and poker.

DaGetHighKnight
10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I have never been more down for anything in my life.

Brewtown Andy
10-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Oh good, no dates in Milwaukee right now. Means I won't break my streak of seeing Fiona in Milwaukee.

Plus, there's a 50-50 chance her opening act rules. First time I saw her, it was some wannabe Radiohead called Laika. Second time? Jurassic 5.

Jonny Z
10-21-2005, 10:26 AM
bmup

tix go on sale tomorrow!

i think i'm gonna get 2 or 3 tix only... i'm always afraid to buy too many and then have to worry about selling them... and it looks like assigned seating as well, so i don't know if we'll all be next to eachother. but we'll see. at least we can all meet up before and after the show.

Seltzer Water
10-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I'll get some tix also.

Jonny Z
10-22-2005, 07:50 AM
almost time! i'm ordering 3 tix... i guess for me keith and frank

Seltzer Water
10-22-2005, 08:02 AM
I got me a pair

Jonny Z
10-22-2005, 08:10 AM
I got me a pair

dude how- ticketmaster online isnt working. im freakin

Seltzer Water
10-22-2005, 08:11 AM
I kept hitting reset on my safari browser on ticketmaster

Seltzer Water
10-22-2005, 08:31 AM
did you get them

niceguyeddie
10-22-2005, 08:48 AM
tickets go on sale saturday... i gotta make sure i'm near a computer to order my tix.

who else wants in?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00003B5124BAFB96?artistid=780749&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60 (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00003B5124BAFB96?artistid=780749&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60)

she's still around???
id have thought she'd have committed some sort of publicity stunt, to raise her to a higher level as a "artist" thus raising her music's value, which would have involved a fake death or some sort of grand stunt which wouldve backfired and gotten her or one of her assistants injured or worse(cause you know those assistants gotta be a dime a dozen) thus backfiring or changing fiona's vocal chords, making them super sonic (kinda like banshee or syrin) making her the worlds first super hero and also making her assistant (who'd have to have a sort of already dark and luminous name, which could easily be changed to fit her as a proper villain) with a vengeance thus making her fiona's arch-nemesis.

Jonny Z
10-22-2005, 09:08 AM
did you get them

yeah i had to order them on the fucking phone... i got 3 tix. im surprised it's all GA admission. thats good so we can all hang together at hte show. i guess i got tix for me frank and keith.

everytime i tried ordering tix online, ticketmaster said tix werent available.. fuckers.

Seltzer Water
10-22-2005, 09:15 AM
yeah i had to order them on the fucking phone... i got 3 tix. im surprised it's all GA admission. thats good so we can all hang together at hte show. i guess i got tix for me frank and keith.

everytime i tried ordering tix online, ticketmaster said tix werent available.. fuckers.

let's go eat their souls

niceguyeddie
10-22-2005, 09:20 AM
let's go eat their souls

i find they go well with a side order of potato salad.
but that's just me.

Jonny Z
10-22-2005, 09:25 AM
let's go eat their souls

dude i just called ticketmaster to confirm my order and the guy was telling me how so many people called and complained... he said it sold out online like before 12:08- like they only had 400 tickets or something like that. but it had to have sold out even earlier cuz i was hitting refresh too at 12 exactly online. but anyway, i confirmed my order with him that i made over the phone... he called me very very lucky. and he started conversing with me about how many people called to complain. so yeah i got 3 tix. woo. i would have killed myself if i didnt get tix.

meanwhile during all this, i'm in my sis's dorm room re-arranging all her furniture for her with my dad.

Jonny Z
12-12-2005, 05:26 AM
fiona apple was AMAZING.

wow... i never gush about anyone really, but she was outstanding.

when she's preforming, she's so in the zone, so focused and i hang on every word and breath she lets out on stage... and she looked absolutely beautiful

and when she had those quiet moments of speaking between songs, she seemed so nervous, almost frightened to be up there- it's like 2 completely different people occupying the same body.

but it was just a great time... i would see her every day of the week if she'd play... i really hope she tours again.

jason hissong
12-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Can't wait to see her and Coldplay in Feb!

greg donovan
12-12-2005, 06:02 AM
she was just on the today show. good stuff.

havent listened to her much beyond what has been played on the radio. she was very "jazzy" has she always been that way? i dont remember the early stuff on the radio being that way. is all her music like that now?

MIKE D
12-12-2005, 06:06 AM

havent listened to her much beyond what has been played on the radio. she was very "jazzy" has she always been that way? i dont remember the early stuff on the radio being that way. is all her music like that now?

There are hints of cabaret in her new stuff.

Jonny Z
12-12-2005, 06:06 AM

not sure what she played on the today show... kinda bummed i missed that... forgot to set my tivo

but yeah, the new album has a couple of jazzy like numbers, a few poppy ones, and a bit of fusion of the two.

the producer who did most of the tracks is a hip-hop guy, so there are a few songs with beats like that.

greg donovan
12-12-2005, 06:14 AM
not sure what she played on the today show... kinda bummed i missed that... forgot to set my tivo

but yeah, the new album has a couple of jazzy like numbers, a few poppy ones, and a bit of fusion of the two.

the producer who did most of the tracks is a hip-hop guy, so there are a few songs with beats like that.

dont know the names but it was something i would have expected to hear in a really good jazz club.

i may have to check out her new CD.

Jonny Z
12-12-2005, 06:15 AM
dont know the names but it was something i would have expected to hear in a really good jazz club.

i may have to check out her new CD.

its my favorite cd of the year, i do declare!

greg donovan
12-12-2005, 06:27 AM
its my favorite cd of the year, i do declare!

since you made that statement in december i will give this some serious thought.

i hate it when something is promoted/hyped as the ______ of the year, IN JANUARY.

Jonny Z
12-12-2005, 06:29 AM
since you made that statement in december i will give this some serious thought.

i hate it when something is promoted/hyped as the ______ of the year, IN JANUARY.

hehe

i gotta put together a top ten list for the year

i'd also suggest tracking down the original version of this album that was produced by jon brion... it's fun to play both versions and see the differences, both big and small

greg donovan
12-12-2005, 06:33 AM
hehe

i'd also suggest tracking down the original version of this album that was produced by jon brion... it's fun to play both versions and see the differences, both big and small

that is pretty interesting. i will have to look into that.

jenifu
12-12-2005, 07:17 AM
hehe

i didn't expect the differences to be as detectable as they were, actually. it was pretty damned interesting.

preference...?

Jonny Z
12-12-2005, 07:27 AM
i didn't expect the differences to be as detectable as they were, actually. it was pretty damned interesting.

preference...?

i think it's song to song... in the official release, i think some songs are improved, like Tymps, while something like Not About Love is different but just as good