PDA

View Full Version : Director Emmerich to make prehistory

BENDIS!
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Director Emmerich to make prehistory By Tatiana Siegel and Borys Kit
1 hour, 1 minute ago

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - German director Roland Emmerich, who offered a terrifying glimpse of the future in "The Day After Tomorrow," will deliver a blast from the past with "10,000 B.C."

ADVERTISEMENT

The Columbia Pictures project centers on a young mammoth hunter who embarks on a journey through uncharted territory to secure the future of his dying tribe. In the process, he saves the one he loves. The story is based an idea that Emmerich envisioned a decade ago. Shooting is set to begin next year.

The deal marks the first project under Emmerich's production deal with Columbia, which was signed in April. He last teamed with the Sony-owned studio on 2000's "The Patriot" and 1998's "Godzilla."

Emmerich most recently directed and produced the 2004 Fox disaster thriller "The Day After Tomorrow," which earned $187 million at the domestic box office. His credits include "Independence Day" and "Stargate."

TheTravis!
10-04-2005, 10:03 PM
If this movie doesn't have Ringo Starr in it, it's not going to be worth a shit.

Patrick J
10-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Roland Emmerich directing another movie is a terrifying thought.

greg donovan
10-04-2005, 10:05 PM
If this movie doesn't have Ringo Starr in it, it's not going to be worth a shit.

what do you think the reason emmerich has for the cavemen walking hunched over?

King of Mars
10-04-2005, 10:09 PM
If this movie doesn't have Ringo Starr in it, it's not going to be worth a shit.Heh. On a related note...my wife has had a six year estrangement from her father which was touched off by the fact that she lost his copy of Caveman. Seriously...I'm not joking.

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/caveman.jpg

TheTravis!
10-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Heh. On a related note...my wife has had a six year estrangement from her father which was touched off by the fact that she lost his copy of Caveman. Seriously...I'm not joking.

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/caveman.jpg

Well, it's a cinematic masterpiece. I can understand him being upset.

dimeshop
10-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Looking back on that list...is it possible that the best movie emmerich's ever done has been stargate?

subquestion...is emmerich the poor man's verhooven?

The Roman Candle
10-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Looking back on that list...is it possible that the best movie emmerich's ever done has been stargate?

subquestion...is emmerich the poor man's verhooven?

Verhooven directed Showgirls. Painful as "The Day After Tomorrow" was, at least it had cool special effects.

Rod Nunley
10-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Verhooven directed Showgirls. Painful as "The Day After Tomorrow" was, at least it had cool special effects.

How dare you besmirch the good name of Showgirls. Saved by the Bell gets nailed in a pool. That movie rocks. :roll: