PDA

View Full Version : The Catcher in the Rye

Patrick J
09-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Okay... now tell me I'm not crazy but there is/has been cover art for JD Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, right?

And this is it?

http://www.valleybooks.net/valleybooks/images/items/12171.jpg

Please tell me this is not a figment of my imagination, this is real, this was a cover used for Catcher in the Rye and I'm not a crazy person.

Jim T.
09-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Why is this a problem?

Gregory
09-29-2005, 09:19 AM
I've seen that. Why would you think someone made that as a fake cover?

weinblsIV
09-29-2005, 09:20 AM
that was the original HC cover from the 50s, yes. it was replaced by the maroon cover with yellow letters.

Artie Pink
09-29-2005, 09:20 AM
We have a copy at the Library with that cover.

Adrian B AWESOME
09-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Best book ever.

Jim T.
09-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Best book ever.

Meh. I don't know about that - left me feeling empty and in the mood to shoot a Beatle.... :scared: :D

Patrick J
09-29-2005, 09:25 AM
I've seen that. Why would you think someone made that as a fake cover?

I'm in a class, some BS Education class about "Literacy in the Classroom." The professor is a complete fucking moron.

This is an exact quote from her, heard not 15 minutes ago.

"Did you know that no edition of Catcher in the Rye has never had any cover art, JD Salinger has never allowed it..."

I heard this, looked that up, needed to confirm that she's an idiot and I'm not crazy.

Here's two previous quotes that exemplify this professors monumental stupidity:

"Adolf Hitler was half Jewish, his mother was Jewish."

and

"The pilot of the Enola Gay is currently in a mental asylum."

Chinaski
09-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Meh. I don't know about that - left me feeling empty and in the mood to shoot a Beatle.... :scared: :D

You better hurry up and get on that then, there are only 2 left.

:deapool2:

JPKakinuma
09-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Great book, my first copy was just white. Boring...

Jim T.
09-29-2005, 09:29 AM
It's funny - teachers have always spouted off nonsense but now, thanks to the internet, you can really call them on it. Those Hitler and Enola Gay facts sound like something from an e-mail that gets passed from idiot to idiot until someone thinks they're true. Your teacher should be pointed to snopes.com

Kefky
09-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm in a class, some BS Education class about "Literacy in the Classroom." The professor is a complete fucking moron.

This is an exact quote from her, heard not 15 minutes ago.

"Did you know that no edition of Catcher in the Rye has never had any cover art, JD Salinger has never allowed it..."

I heard this, looked that up, needed to confirm that she's an idiot and I'm not crazy.

Here's two previous quotes that exemplify this professors monumental stupidity:

"Adolf Hitler was half Jewish, his mother was Jewish."

and

"The pilot of the Enola Gay is currently in a mental asylum."

You should know better than to trust the educational system! :no: