PDA

View Full Version : Bought / thought 9-28

ThisSpaceForRent
09-28-2005, 08:43 AM
New Avengers - ending caught me by surprise...when's the next part out? 9/10

Sentry #1 - liked it a lot, but I don't know if the art matches the story. Granted, I'm not a JRJR fan to begin with. Wish this was an ongoing... 7.5/10

Bandit Chimera
09-28-2005, 08:49 AM
no bitches ? ....noob ;)

PoWerSurge
09-28-2005, 08:54 AM
New Avengers - ending caught me by surprise...when's the next part out? 9/10

Sentry #1 - liked it a lot, but I don't know if the art matches the story. Granted, I'm not a JRJR fan to begin with. Wish this was an ongoing... 7.5/10

Is Sentry pre or post NA?

artimoff
09-28-2005, 09:00 AM
JLA: Not the big shocker I thought it would be.

New Avengers: Ronin is probabily still Daredevil. :twisted:

Young Avengers: Kinda a dissapointment after how great 1-6 were. The art just wasn't that good.

Red Sonja: Wasn't worth the wait. We still have no idea who sonja is or how she ticks. I expect better from Mike & Mike.

Ultimate Spider-man: I hate the idea of the redhead that isn't MJ. But I still give it a 10/10 as usual.

Angel, the Curse: Dark Horse did it better. I don't think I can keep paying $4 for 1 page of plot.

Omac Project: Why did I even buy this series? It's Rucka, I should have known. Pure crap.

Garth
09-28-2005, 09:04 AM
I am hereby boycotting this thread due to the lack of "bitches"

Bandit Chimera
09-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Angel, the Curse: Dark Horse did it better. I don't think I can keep paying $4 for 1 page of plot.

Omac Project: Why did I even buy this series? It's Rucka, I should have known. Pure crap.

shit i was hoping angel would be good this week.

as for OMAC why was it crap? i've liked it so far what did they do that was so god aweful ?

ThisSpaceForRent
09-28-2005, 09:08 AM
It's Rucka, I should have known. Pure crap.

Wow...that's pretty ignorant! Go, you!

PowerSurge - Sentry is post New Avengers arc.

PoWerSurge
09-28-2005, 09:11 AM

Thx!

artimoff
09-28-2005, 09:15 AM

Rucka only writes good books for Oni. His DC work has sucked other than his run of the mill Detective run.

Adrian B AWESOME
09-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Wow, for a pretty hateful guy, I agree with this.

amy racecar
09-28-2005, 09:17 AM
no bitches ? ....noob ;)
Thank god.

Bandit Chimera
09-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Thank god.

would you rather we change the title of this thread to "Bought Thought: Thank God" ?

amy racecar
09-28-2005, 09:24 AM
would you rather we change the title of this thread to "Bought Thought: Thank God" ?
No way! I just find the whole "bitches" thing completely asinine.

ThisSpaceForRent
09-28-2005, 10:13 AM
Rucka only writes good books for Oni. His DC work has sucked other than his run of the mill Detective run.

You do know that Gotham Central is a DC book, right? That is the same Greg Rucka...I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says that book is a "piece of crap"

Allen Y
09-28-2005, 10:17 AM
No way! I just find the whole "bitches" thing completely asinine.
Not to mention classless. I absolutely agree with Amy on this.

Allen

Bandit Chimera
09-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Not to mention classless. I absolutely agree with Amy on this.

Allen

So are you claiming Bendis has no class ? cause i do remember he posted a bought thought with the word "Bitches" in the title. I ain't saying he was right just pointing out a fact

artimoff
09-28-2005, 10:21 AM
You do know that Gotham Central is a DC book, right? That is the same Greg Rucka...I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says that book is a "piece of crap"

Ok, ok, ok. GC is the only Rucka book by DC I havn't read. Maybe Brubaker is keeping him in line. :twisted:

Allen Y
09-28-2005, 10:25 AM
So are you claiming Bendis has no class ? cause i do remember he posted a bought thought with the word "Bitches" in the title. I ain't saying he was right just pointing out a fact
I recall, though have not made such a claim as a classless act doesn't equate to a person being completely without class. I'll give this to Bendis and the others who did it the first time, it was a novelty then but time has passed and let's move on.

Allen

Bandit Chimera
09-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I recall, though have not made such a claim as a classless act doesn't equate to a person being completely without class. I'll give this to Bendis and the others who did it the first time, it was a novelty then but time has passed and let's move on.

Allen

Ok i can live with that ....now if only there was a store round here where i could get this weeks avengers lol

Evan the Shaggy
09-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Omac Project #6: Great ending. The heroes win, sort of but not without Brother Eye having its revenge, broadcasting the tape of Wonder Woman killing Max. WW definetly won't be able to be an ambassador anymore, and the fact that she basically killed a normal looking guy rather then some crazy super villain will make it worse. Great character interaction, great everything.

9/10

Batman Superman 22: Batman Beyond? Superman Red Son? What in the hell is going on here? Basically this seems to be Superman and Batman in the marvel universe and I think there's just way too much going on, its making the story a little hard to follow. Art's great though.

7/10

The Flash 226:

God, this story was awful. It was pure filler. I understand that its hard to match Johns' stuff but at least try. The art was also really lacking. I miss Geoff already.

2/10

New Avengers 11:

Ronin is finally introduced, and its a cool mystery to be sure. Looking to be a neat little story but Good God did that conversation between Cap and Murdock last any longer? And once again, we haven't really seen much of the Avengers in action, I think we need more of that.

6/10

Ultimate Spiderman 83:

Great story. I'm really liking how Warriors is turning out, along with Mary Jane confronting Peter. I thought this was the perfect mix of Spidey and Peter for this book.

9/10

Daredevil 77:

Again while I'm digging this storyline, its moving a little too slow for my taste. Way too many outside perspectives in this one, could've gotten rid of one of them or at least made the conversation at the FBI shorter.

5/10

Sentry #1:

A day in the life of Sentry. The issue paints a really nice picture of it and I thought the character interaction was great. The Void is left being as creepy as usual.

8/10

JLA #119: Book of the week.

Wrapped up the storyline fantastically and giving us a glimpse of who's behind Infinite Crisis (Whoever it is is wearing a red cape.) Batman's paranoia about Catwoman having been mentally warped by the League is justified and leads to more questions of who did the League change?

10/10

Ryan Elliott
09-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Damn this was a good comic day. BITCHES!!!

Omac Project #6-Good ending to a damn good story. 8/10

The Sentry #1-Awesome. Just awesome. The Void parts were my favorte. 9/10

Superman/Batman #22-Goddamn this was a great book. And the Red Son Supeman and Batman Beyond appearences made it that much better. 9/10

Young Avengers #7-Damn good. But I don't like the art. Leagues below Cheung's. Story:9/10. Art:6/10

Cable/Deadpool #20-I was laughing my ass off!!! Man this was an awesome book. 10/10

New Avengers #11-Awesome. Couldn't have been better in my opinion. 10/10

Wolverine #33-Great HoM tie-in. And an intro to HoM Nick Fury. Which was fucking awesome.

Batman #645-Awesome. Fucking awesome. 10/10

justjeffery
09-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Well, I bought a butt load, but didnt get a chance to read much.. I'll fill em in later... then again, I always say that and never do...

JLA Classified 12- I havent read a single issue of this series yet...

Black Widow The Things They Say About Her 1- enjoyed the first series enought to give this a shot.. plus a bill Sienkiewicz cover will grab me every time.

Ultimate Spidey 83- MOON KNIGHT! Nuff said

JLA 119- Never liked him much anyway

Jack Cross 2- didnt like the first one, but I was obligated to buy the second because I ordered it...

New Avengers 11- I dont care what anyone says, THIS is a damn good series.

Sentry 1 (plus the alt cover)- good read, but I simpily do NOT like Romitas art.. never have, probably never will

Batman 645- oh, big surprise.. Mark my word, this whole Red Hood thing will lead back to a Lazarus Pit...

New Warriors 4- Funny funny stuff...

Night Mary 2- tonias stuff

Defenders 3- looks to be pretty damn enjoyable

Daredevil 77- Elektra, Milla and Widow, oh my!

Polly & the Pirates 1- Tonias stuff again...

Omac Project 6- Wonder Womans in trouble!

Young Avengers 7- I so need to sit and read these

Star Wars X-Wing Rogue Leader 1- loved these characters in the old comics and books... has the same vibe... I enjoyed it

Shadowplay 1- Christina Z, Ashley Wood, Amber Benson (from buffy) and Ben Templesmith... as if I wasnt gonna buy THAT

Red Sonja 2 Tan cover- too... many... nice... covers...

Angel 4- kinda bleh

Wolverine 33- Wolvie needs AA

Gift 13- I enjoyed the issue story-wise.. art.. not so much.. the "kids" look like they 30...

Adventures of Superman 644
Ultimate Iron Man 4
Spidey House of M 4
Ultimate Secret 3

Garra
09-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Invincible 26 Waiting to receive 1-25 I won from the BB auction Before I read this :twisted:

Ultimate Spider Man - Black Cat, Moon Knight, Elektra..I'm loving it.

Batman - Really enjoying this book. I so wish it was alittle more self contained, but strong issue.

Wolverine - Really disliked the cover art. Thought the story and HoM tie in was pretty solid though.

NYX #7 of 7 - Finally wrapped up. Was not the strongest end to a series I have ever read, but it wrapped up most of the lose ends pretty well and was an over all good end to what I thought was a pretty damn good story. I dont get why so many folks hate on this book. I like that it was left open for the other characters in the book besides x23.

Spider Man HoM- Great cover art imo. Inside story I thought was o.k., but alittle flaky. Not really enjoying the spiderman HoM series, but this was prolly its best issue so far.

Amazing Spider Man - First off I have really disliked the cover art now for the last several issues. last good looking cover was issue 521. This story was awesome though, great pick up from last issue and awesome lead in to this big spider man event they got coming up. I love Spider Man being on the NA and having some back up and friends to look after him once in awhile. If anyone had given up on ASM this is a great time imo to pick it back up.

Supes/Batman - I didnt care for it. I liked some of the apperances from like Batman Beyond and stuff, but for the last half year I dont know if I ever really understand what the hell is going on in this book. I want to like this book so damn much, but I am finally dropping it. Every time I read this I get the feeling its being written for a 5 year old audience. I am not sure how something as incredible as giving batman and superman their own book could have gotten so bad, least imo. They shud be having such better stories than what they have been having, its a joke to me. :sad:

JLA - kicked ass, awesome issue. Dont think I am buying martian being dead as people were saying though.

New Avengers - Best thing about issue 11 is that there was NO VARIANT!!! :D
New arch starting off strong! People saying that it is Elektra are crazy. Unless Electra gained like 100 lbs of muscle and her character changed to be the sort to keep apologizing that she failed instead of warning people to get ready to fight, and stand there while she gets throwing stars thrown into her back (what did she thinkthe many ninjas trying to kill her that were chasing her were going to do?) Who ever ROnin is is a moron for that little mind fart. Otherwise pretty good issue!!

Shwicaz
09-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Omac Project #6: Great ending. The heroes win, sort of but not without Brother Eye having its revenge, broadcasting the tape of Wonder Woman killing Max. WW definetly won't be able to be an ambassador anymore, and the fact that she basically killed a normal looking guy rather then some crazy super villain will make it worse. Great character interaction, great everything.

That is bullshit. I read Wonder Woman. So, when they hamstring part 4 of a crossover in her title and have her murder someone, I expect events such as the public getting a look at WW did in her own title, not a title that has basically been a 'batman' story for most of its parts.

Piss me off.

Daredevil: One hell of an ending. Just when everything seems to be going all right for matt, look who's here.....

New Avengers: I like how Bendis wrote the story so that you really think it is DD/Matt Murdock behind the mask of Ronin. But somehow, I think its a bit more complex than that...and what was up w/ that ending. Is Ronin's first appearance his/her last?

Revelations: The mystery deepens, and I find our detective growing on me a bit more than he did last issue. I think I am on board for the whole thing

Red Sonja: dropped

Something So Familiar: Haven't yet read this book (since it has no words, I guess 'read' is the wrong term, but the solict intrigued me: Man wants to commit suicide, and jumps off a building ledge....only to discover he can fly....)

Sentry: First issue seems to give us a look at Sentry and what it is like inside his world/his head. Very cluttered place, it is. CLOC kind of freaks me out. I am not a fan or JRjr.'s art, so the book didn't grab me as much as I had hoped. Will see if issue 2 gives us a plot, but bravo for a self-contained first issue, Marvel!!

Freakshow: The team takes down the gravedigger. Has he really communicated with Anubis, or is he having a 'mental moment'? Issue wraps up a bit too briefly, but I do enjoy these 2 issue arcs that the series has treated me to.

Shwicaz
09-28-2005, 03:08 PM
oh, and Black Widow AWESOME, I love it when the two widows get together. :)

Ryan Elliott
09-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Did Spider-Man HoM come out today?????

Shwicaz
09-28-2005, 03:46 PM

yes, it did.

KeyserSoze
09-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Lots of books this week.

NYX #7 – I enjoyed this series overall but was not overly impressed with it. In this issue we get to see all the mutant girls finally put their powers to good (and surprisingly violent) use. I did have some problems with the issue. The biggest being the many inconsistencies in the art. The color of characters hair and clothes would change from panel to panel and in at least on instance a character had on a different outfit in a panel. And “Catiana”…LAME!

Red Sonja #2 – Sexy and violent with a nice helping of girl power. It’s exactly what it should be.

Revelations #2 – I love the art in this series. The story is standard detective fare so far but the art makes up for it. I thought the end of this issue was a bit too convenient, but maybe that’s just me.

Silent Dragon #3 – I like the premise more than the execution. This issue didn’t do anything for me.

Neverwhere #4 – Good stuff. Surprisingly funny.

Jack Cross #2 – Still not sure what to make of this series. I considered dropping it after the first issue but decided to give Ellis the benefit of the doubt since he is on a hot streak with Desolation Jones and Fell. The one thing I can say for sure is that the art does not appeal to me, it is stiff and uninteresting. The action is much less exciting due to the art’s shortcomings. I like the story and the dialogue for the most part but there are things that bug me, such as the “YOU WANT SOME?” shit. That was stupid. I’m gonna stick with it for at least another issue but Ellis better pull something out of his hat quick.

Black Widow V.2 #1 – I’m glad to see this back. The first volume was a pleasant surprise and quickly became one of my most anticipated books. The second volume starts off a bit slow but looks like it will maintain the quality of the first.

Spider Man: House of M #4 – Fun issue. Looking forward to seeing how they tie this up.

Sentry #1 – Thought it was pretty great. I liked the art, I don’t see what everyone is complaining about. My main problem with this is the same problem I’m having with Marvel in general right now and that is continuity. The Sentry was just reactivated last week and already they are fighting an apocalyptic battle with War of the Worlds spaceships and the Sentry is the greatest hero in the world. There was not build-up. I think they needed a few issues of the Sentry regaining his status. I also think it’s a mistake having him on a team. He’s more powerful than all his teammates combined.

New Avengers #11 – I miss McNiven. I give Finch a lot of shit but truth be told I like his art for the most part, but his faces bug the shit out of me. I hate them. Besides that I liked this issue. I hope Daredevil doesn’t join the team…that would suck. Always nice to see the Hand in action. I am confused as to how all of this fits in with House of M, but then again House of M just has me confused altogether.

Omac Project #6 – Ok, lets randomly kill off insignificant characters at the beginning to really give this the feel of an emergency situation. Then lets find a simple and convenient way to eliminate the threat immediately since we ran out of issues to adequately finish the story. I really liked this series until this issue. After all that build-up this was just a big let-down. I really dug the last page though. It’ll be interesting to see how that works out.

Still need to get Angel #4 and Shadowplay. My shop doesn’t get IDW titles except 30 Days of Night.

Garra
09-28-2005, 04:07 PM

If you read other posts youd see it was discussed so obviously it did. ;)

fango
09-28-2005, 05:07 PM
New Avengers #11 wins the "Best Comic of the Month" award. I totally dig what's going on right now. Ninjas and Avengers...it's a good thing.

Kefky
09-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Damn this was a good comic day. BITCHES!!!

Omac Project #6-Good ending to a damn good story. 8/10

The Sentry #1-Awesome. Just awesome. The Void parts were my favorte. 9/10

Superman/Batman #22-Goddamn this was a great book. And the Red Son Supeman and Batman Beyond appearences made it that much better. 9/10

Young Avengers #7-Damn good. But I don't like the art. Leagues below Cheung's. Story:9/10. Art:6/10

Cable/Deadpool #20-I was laughing my ass off!!! Man this was an awesome book. 10/10

New Avengers #11-Awesome. Couldn't have been better in my opinion. 10/10

Wolverine #33-Great HoM tie-in. And an intro to HoM Nick Fury. Which was fucking awesome.

Batman #645-Awesome. Fucking awesome. 10/10

Hmmm... I'm not sure why, but I get the feeling the Batman thinks his books are awesome. :)

Brad Gullickson
09-29-2005, 07:19 AM
Amazing Spider-Man 524 -- I really liked the series when J. Michael first got on board but like a lot of you he really lost me with that whole Gwen Stacy kids arc. And I really didn't enjoy this hydra arc at all. This issue was basically a conclusion to that story with a lot of lead in to this Other Arc. I am definitely weary of this "mega event."

Daredevil 77 -- Loved it. I really wish Bendis wouldn't leave, but I'm coping. Matt is going to have a hell of a time squirming his way out of this one.

New Avengers 11 -- A bit of a cock tease. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but that doesn't change the fact that this is another cock tease issue. Daredevil should be Ronin. It just makes sense.

NYX 7 -- I'm amazed I didn't drop this thing sooner. Meh.

The Sentry 1 -- I wasn't really expecting much out of this series but I loved this first issue. Cloc is great. The Void personality is extremely creepy.

Spider Man HoM 4 -- Liked it. But boy, this series just makes me depressed. I still hope Bendis deals with his split personality in the overall series but I have a feeling he won't.

Ultimate Iron Man 4 -- I really love what Card's doing in this series. I can't wait till I have all the issues and I can sit back and read the whole arc.

Ultimate Secret 3 -- I'm diggin' it. Say what you want but this whole Gah Lak Tus thing has an epic feel to it.

Ultimate Spider Man 83 -- BOOK OF THE WEEK! I'm lovin' this arc and this has to be my favorite issue of the story so far. Moon Knight is fucking CRAZY! I want Peter to marry MJ, have a nice relationship that just won't work with Kitty, and I want Peter to have an incredible one night stand with The Black Cat.

Wolverine 33 -- this HoM tie in seems unnecessary.

Young Avengers 7 -- Great issue. I love this series and nobody is more surprised than myself. Kid Vision! Can't wait.

Batman 645 -- Good story. I liked all the Jason Todd flashbacks. Still, lately it seems I like Batman more than I like his series.

Jack Cross 2 -- Liked it. But I'm not sure if I'm going to stay on for the long run.

Superman/Batman 22 -- I've been frustrated with this series since the end of the Supergirl arc. I really like all the stuff with Bizzaro and Batzzaro and I LOVE the appearance of Red Sun and Batman Beyond, but I HATE the Maximums. In fact I always hate it when a company rips off their competitions’ characters. I hated Ethan in MK Spider-Man and I hate these Maximums. It's just boring. Oh! AND STUPID! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

BPRD: The Black Flame 2 -- More of you need to be reading this series. Just great. And this Black Flame is an extremely creepy new villain. And I don't like what's happening to Roger...but I also love it. Roger is the new Rambo.

Invincible 26 -- The conversation between Invincible and his father felt a bit off to me.

Andrew j
09-29-2005, 08:51 AM
New Avengers: solid first issue of the arc. Wolverine vs. Ninjas...don't care. Electra vs. ninjas....don't care. Daredevil vs. Ninjas....don't care. Captain America and Luke Cage vs. Ninjas....Mother of god I just shat myself. Fist time in my life where my mind went, "HOLY SHIT FUCKIN' NINJAS!!!!!"

Daredevil: All four women of Matt's life doing what they can to save his ass. Brilliant story telling. Great end to Bendis' DD run.

Ult. Spiderman: Has solidified as the best Ult. Spi arc ever. Its so all over the place that I don't know what to expect next. Loving it!

Young Avengers: Pretty good stuff and I have to say that I enjoy the book more with less timetraveling. Good mix of adult and teenagers view of life. Strong second arc start.

Omac: It was okay.
JLA: It was okay
Adv. of Superman: It was okay.
Batman: it was okay.

I think I've crossed the line over to 100% Marvel fan. They just have the stories that "get's" me right there.

Jasmine
09-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Fantastic week.

New Avengers #11-Hell of an issue. Ronin is so badass, and that last page, hot damn! :D Great conversation between Cap and Matt, and intriguing plot with Hydra, Hand, and Silver Samurai. Curious to see how this one plays out. Good to see Finch back, his art is really good, he does a great Ronin and the cover rocked.

Daredevil #77-Pacing is somewhat slow, but this means that there will most likely be a big payoff at the end, it certainly is looking to be the case. 8-) Great issue, it was really cool seeing women Matt has been with come and defend him, and here we get another sweet cliffhanger. Loving this arc.

USM #83-Again with a great ending!! Double page spread was great, Bagley rocks. This is my favorite of the Kingpin arcs, and it's looking to being one of the best, so many things are happening, but the pacing, writing, story is great. Cannot wait for next issue.

ASM #524-Arc ends on a strong note. JMS writing is really good, particulary the conversation between Peter and Stark. It was really sweet seeing Tony putting that photographer in his place. Deodato's art I enjoyed as usual. Great arc.

Spider-Man House of M #4-I liked the issue, but this mini has not been clicking with me for some reason. Just cannot seem to get into it.

Ryan Walsh
09-29-2005, 01:43 PM
PS238 13: Again, time travel... thank god the arc's over.

Red Sonja 2: Huhn. Only issue 2 and already she's "been killed".

Invincible 26: Couple of surprises here. Everyone gets shocked at least once, and each in their own lung-busting way. I love this book!

Ultimate Secret 3: Seemed a little rushed, but still good. Liked the dialog, the art was hit-and-miss for me.

Ultimate Spider-Man 83: Me at the end "BWA HAH AH HAH HA HAH!!!!!!" There are bits of outrageousness, like Black Cat being a cradle robber, Liz Allen giving good advice, Elektra going to Scarlet Witch's tailor, and at the end when all the pices are dumped onto the exact same table, I couldn't help but laugh.

New Avengers 11: Yeah, my first thought was Mike Murdock. Then there was the hair, but that could have been Spider-Woman sitting at the same table for all we know. The thing that's bugging me about this title is that there's all this talk about these big threats that're out there now, but there's just no sense of urgency to any of it. Sauron gets out - Oh no, we're all doomed!! - oh wait, his Savage Land buds just wanted him back for tea. Silver Samurai's taking over the Japanese underworld - Quick, buy water before the apocalypse!! - oh wait he's just getting his clothes back before meeting his girlfriend. The Bendis dialog is nice, but it's not as if the supply is short.

Young Avengers 7: How can a robot be a kid? Wouldn't he just be the Vision when he'd just gone to the good guys? I liked some of the internal family moments, but otherwise I was left wanting.

Ultimate Iron Man 4: Some things I like, like Tony's general personality and the characterization of his step-brother. Some things I don't like, like the nanite-type things and the rapid jump from spit-and-bailing wire armor to Ultiamtes armor.

The Gift 13: Never done in comics before, but I can guarantee most comic book geeks will recognize it from their own heads. Nice, albeit messy job, Raven!! Not for the squemish.

Daredevil 77: Black Widow: what a sweetie. Milla: hot damn that didn't take long! Elektra: Of all the ex's he had to get caught by... Very nice, loved it!

TheManWithoutFear
09-29-2005, 02:46 PM
Cable/Deadpool - Funniest issue I have ever read!

Ultimate Iron Man - Absolute Crap! Why is Marvel letting Card get away with this?! Why!? Card causes more problems a whore with an itch. Now Tony has a healing factor? But in Ultimates he has a brain tumor? How the fuck does that work out Card!?

Ultimate Secret - Above Average. Inappropriate Dialogue. Everyone's a little too light hearted for such a huge crisis coming. Thor's characterization was waaaay off as was Tony's. And the continuity glitch of Black Widow claiming Tony is her fiance even though Marvel swears to high heaven this takes place before Ultimates 2... gimme a break and get your shit together marvel.

BENDIS BENDIS BENDIS!

NEW AVENGERS - GREAT! Matt Murdock goodness. Holding out on guessing who Ronin is. I hope it's not Elektra or Matt but who knows the arc looks promising.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN - GREAT! USM is back to where it belongs. I don't like the Moon Knight character and could've done with the split personality carrying over from 616. The MJ convo was great and Black Cat is quite interesting. Loved me some Iron Fist/Shang Chi action. And Bendis is cleverly avoiding interaction between Shang-Chi and Spider-Man.... If I have to drop that team-up because you don't acknowledge they've met before Bendis, I'm coming for you....

DAREDEVIL - GREAT GREAT GREAT! I'm just gonna go rub one out now...

So, who had the best week ever!?

TonyFleecs
09-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Alright Kids, grab your New Warriors #4's, turn to page 3.

Did Nova just pop a rod on Namorta?!

Fantastic issue.

Ds9 must be rolling over in his grave.:lol:

St.-
09-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Cable/Deadpool - Funniest issue I have ever read!

Ultimate Iron Man - Absolute Crap! Why is Marvel letting Card get away with this?! Why!? Card causes more problems a whore with an itch. Now Tony has a healing factor? But in Ultimates he has a brain tumor? How the fuck does that work out Card!?

Ultimate Secret - Above Average. Inappropriate Dialogue. Everyone's a little too light hearted for such a huge crisis coming. Thor's characterization was waaaay off as was Tony's. And the continuity glitch of Black Widow claiming Tony is her fiance even though Marvel swears to high heaven this takes place before Ultimates 2... gimme a break and get your shit together marvel.

BENDIS BENDIS BENDIS!

NEW AVENGERS - GREAT! Matt Murdock goodness. Holding out on guessing who Ronin is. I hope it's not Elektra or Matt but who knows the arc looks promising.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN - GREAT! USM is back to where it belongs. I don't like the Moon Knight character and could've done with the split personality carrying over from 616. The MJ convo was great and Black Cat is quite interesting. Loved me some Iron Fist/Shang Chi action. And Bendis is cleverly avoiding interaction between Shang-Chi and Spider-Man.... If I have to drop that team-up because you don't acknowledge they've met before Bendis, I'm coming for you....

DAREDEVIL - GREAT GREAT GREAT! I'm just gonna go rub one out now...

So, who had the best week ever!?

I had alot of fun reading this post

Marcdachamp
09-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Young Avengers- PICK OF THE WEEK! Man oh man, what an ending! Heinberg really knows how to throw in a good twist, huh? Our young team just finished its first mission and already we might see another departure. It appears Patriot has no powers and instead has been stealing MGH in order to be a Young Avenger VERRRRRRRY interesting stuff. 9/10

New Avengers- I love Finch. Ronin just looks very badass as the mystery begins (continues?). He really is trying to make readers think it's Daredevil, but I'm just not sure. I no longer believe it's Fury or Silver Samurai, and Elektra now seems to have put herself into candidacy. Can't wait until next issue, because I'm all out of guesses! 9/10

The Sentry- JR you rock my socks. Tell me that opening splash wasn't beautiful. We even got to see him drawing Spidey and Wolverine again! Anyway, Jenkins really delivered on this issue. Great opener for the mini, and some cool appearences by a couple classic villains. Jenkins gave us a nice window into Robert's mind, and CLOC's central function further seperates this character from Superman and gives us an interesting conflict. 9/10

Cable and Deadpool- The best recap page in comics. Marvel, NEVER cancel this book! 9/10

Daredevil- More set-up, but that's not to say it's uinteresting. I'm really intrigued as to where it's all gonna go. This is gonna be big. 8/10

Amazing Spiderman- A nice way to end the story. Great character interaction, but more or less simply a set-up for "The Other". 8/10

Spiderman House of M- This is a hard call. On the one hand, it is a good mystery. It seems that Peter may have some knowledge of his past life. On the other, it all hinges on the conclusion. It was cool to see Ben, Gwen and Captain Stacy working together, but this whole mini is counting on next issue. 7/10

FF- McKone is starting to grow on me. He's no 'Ringo, but very few artists are. The ending's a bit... OUT THERE, but otherwise decent. 7/10

PeteL
09-29-2005, 04:14 PM
So far...

Ultimate Secret # 3. Not a terribly exciting issue, but Thor's beer speak ruled. Thor. Loves. Beer. The art was difficult for me though...sometimes ok, sometimes not ok. 6.5/10

Jack Cross # 2. Cross is an interesting character. This book makes me slightly uneasy for some reason. It's got this nasty realism going for it. Good book. 8/10

TheManWithoutFear
09-29-2005, 06:48 PM
I had alot of fun reading this post

St.-
09-30-2005, 05:14 PM
New avengers #10 - I was thinking awhile back that they're not that many physcalogical comics out there. theres quite a few anime and quite a few movies (most poorly done) that have done it but not many comics. The sentry arc was one I was really looking forward to and it went really well but I felt somewhat unfilled at the end of the arc. i felt what we got was great but then boom it was over. Maybe that's what bendis was going for but I would have liked to see at least another issue. Hopefully he'll tried more mind stuff later on cause I enjoyed it and feel he could really up the anty for other writers.

New avengers #11 - hmmm. right now I'm not too impressed but its a setup what are you gonna do. I've seen alot of comics use japan as a backdrop and it just seems too sterotypical and little bit of a turnoff for me. Hopefully I can get past that cause Bendis always does things a little different. the artwork was very cool I must say I enjoyed the panel set up and the flow of the issue that was very good and you can never take that away from a Bendis comic. ;)

Ben Rosen
09-30-2005, 06:35 PM
new avengers 11--fun stuff. a little misdirection...i liked it.
ultimate iron man--i just did not enjoy reading it, it was like a chore, so it's dropped. :(
ultimate secret--same as above
invincible 26--so many twists and turns, always a great read.
daredevil--i am really digging this story.
usm--another very fun, enjoyable read.
mome vol. 1-easily the best comic or collction or trade or anthology or whatever published this year. amazing.

Gavin
09-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Fantastic Four 531: Really liked it. Very interested in how it ends.

Black Panther: Who is the Black Panther? HC Bought it on a whim because I love Romita Jr.'s art. Read about half of it so far. Really like it. Better than I thought it would be.

Alex Ross Justice League Batman Action Figure Very cool, but the eyes are a little weird because they colored in the pupils, unlike other Batman figures.

Gillis
09-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Bought a lot of books this week but I won't review them all here. I liked how Bendis fucked with us regarding Ronin's identity. Really liked the way OMAC ended.

But Daredevil. Damn. I just got a real "calm before the storm" vibe off of this. I've seen a lot of "slow pacing" comments here. I think this is so unbelievably on purpose that it's scary. I'm loving this as much as I ever have. Everyone one cares about Matt (Milla, Foggy, Elektra, Widow, Del Toro) is trying to help him. They know what's coming. There's going to be a shit storm. I'm afraid I see where this is going and I feel confident saying that nothing will ever be the same. Brubaker is a brave man for taking this over. Especially if what happens is what I think is going to happen. :scared:

Blake Sims
09-30-2005, 09:17 PM
mome vol. 1-easily the best comic or collction or trade or anthology or whatever published this year. amazing.
it b-e-a-utiful

St.-
10-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Goon #5 - I had to stop reading at points cause I would have gotten in trouble at work from laughing to hard. pickled death.

Gothdom
10-02-2005, 07:50 PM
New Avengers 11 - This ronin guy is shrouded in mystery. Any idea who it might be? Bendis is going for some nice thread here, but I look forward to Spider-Woman: Origin.

USM - great stuff, I like reading that