PDA

View Full Version : Jack White is in my Library RIGHT NOW!!

Artie Pink
09-08-2005, 07:23 AM
Jeanette called and got me. He looks like a million bucks. All in black, white makeup, lil' moustache & chin spinach. Fandango hat. Not incognito at all - in fact he looks like Boy George!!

Jeanette got a hug and an autograph. I just said "hey" and got a handshake. Seemed like a nice guy - didn't mind the hullabaloo of folks mulling about.

Most importantly - I finally met a celebrity I like, and didn't embarass myself*!! (Which is especially good, since I'd risk getting beaten like a Von Bondie!)

*see also Ellen Degeneres, Robin Williams, etc

Nick_Ardill
09-08-2005, 07:24 AM
Should have asked him how Renee was doing to really piss him off. Maybe he would've punched you.

AAlgar
09-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Famous people never come to where I work. That's fantastic.

Artie Pink
09-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Should have asked him how Renee was doing to really piss him off. Maybe he would've punched you.

We were gonna say "oh, it's only Jack White, not Jack Black", but then we remembered:

http://www.est.hu/imgup/konnyu/zenei_hirek/vonbondies_jason_m.jpg

kasdan
09-08-2005, 07:28 AM
I'm seeing him and Meg in concert next Tuesday night.

Nick_Ardill
09-08-2005, 07:29 AM
We were gonna say "oh, it's only Jack White, not Jack Black", but then we remembered:

http://www.est.hu/imgup/konnyu/zenei_hirek/vonbondies_jason_m.jpg
Thats what you get for banging your sister all the time. Alot of pent up agression.

TIP
09-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Jeanette called and got me. He looks like a million bucks. All in black, white makeup, lil' moustache & chin spinach. Fandango hat. Not incognito at all - in fact he looks like Boy George!!

Jeanette got a hug and an autograph. I just said "hey" and got a handshake. Seemed like a nice guy - didn't mind the hullabaloo of folks mulling about.

Most importantly - I finally met a celebrity I like, and didn't embarass myself*!! (Which is especially good, since I'd risk getting beaten like a Von Bondie!)

*see also Ellen Degeneres, Robin Williams, Tony Palermo, etc

Fixed that for ya.
:wink:

That's pretty damn cool, man.

T

St.-
09-08-2005, 07:30 AM
That's the coolest thing ever. Did he pick up everybody poops? and you know i could use a autograph too. :Please:

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Did you mention my White Stripes comic to him?

http://testtubecomics.com/blog/2004/10/24-hours-of-non-stop-comic-booking-and.html (http://testtubecomics.com/blog/2004/10/24-hours-of-non-stop-comic-booking-and.html)

(...probably not. Just a cheap excuse to dig it up from the depths of my blog...;))

St.-
09-08-2005, 07:32 AM

http://testtubecomics.com/blog/2004/10/24-hours-of-non-stop-comic-booking-and.html (http://testtubecomics.com/blog/2004/10/24-hours-of-non-stop-comic-booking-and.html)

(...probably not. Just a cheap excuse to dig it up from the depths of my blog...;))

This is one of the single best comics ever.

AAlgar
09-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Fixed that for ya.
:wink:
T

Yeah, that Palermo fucker is more elusive than you might think. :x

TIP
09-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Yeah, that Palermo fucker is more elusive than you might think. :x

He's a GREASY ITALIAN TANK, RON!
http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/rocky4.jpeg

T

AAlgar
09-08-2005, 07:35 AM
He's a GREASY ITALIAN TANK, RON!
http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/rocky4.jpeg

T

Hwak hwak hwak!

Artie Pink
09-08-2005, 07:37 AM

http://testtubecomics.com/blog/2004/10/24-hours-of-non-stop-comic-booking-and.html

Awwww... fuck!! I LOVE THAT, TOO!!

I'ma go look for him!

Doug
09-08-2005, 07:40 AM
That is really cool.

Artie Pink
09-08-2005, 07:42 AM
He's still here, SCOTT, I'm gonna give it to him!!

Ziolko
Awwww... fuck!! I LOVE THAT, TOO!!

I'ma go look for him!

He's still there?

:scared:

Ziolko

:Oops:

TIP

WOO HOO!!!

T

Dreg
09-08-2005, 07:44 AM
Thats what you get for banging your sister all the time. Alot of pent up agression.

You realize that his "sister" was really his ex-wife the whole time, don't you?

TIP
09-08-2005, 07:45 AM

:lol:

T

St.-
09-08-2005, 07:45 AM

That's awesome. It'll probably find its way to there website in the art section.

Nick_Ardill
09-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Then why do they call each other brother and sister?

St.-
09-08-2005, 07:49 AM

go here

http://www.whitestripes.net/index.php (http://www.whitestripes.net/index.php)

and check out downloads for the npr interview and find out everything you wanted to know.

Artie Pink
09-08-2005, 07:53 AM

SCOTT, NO SHIT - I printed off pages 1-5 and put them is his hand!!!

He laughed at the first page, I hope he seeks out the rest!! AND I told him not to sue you!!!!

Jeanette would not come with to give him the pages, but she stood and watched. She had gone and talked to him twice - and well, I'll just let her post what she said to him!!

Pat Loika
09-08-2005, 08:00 AM
THAT is very cool...

Though I like the Von Bondies better. :)

P.

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 08:00 AM

He laughed at the first page, I hope he seeks out the rest!! AND I told him not to sue you!!!!

Jeanette would not come with to give him the pages, but she stood and watched. She had gone and talked to him twice - and well, I'll just let her post what she said to him!!

:Oops: :D :Oops: :sad: :shock: :scared: :D :Oops: :scared:

TIP
09-08-2005, 08:03 AM

And David Bowie is really from outer space, too.

T

St.-
09-08-2005, 08:05 AM

T

no silly that's ziggy stardust HE was david bowies replacement for awhile while bowie went back to his home world which is in another dimension not so much outer space.

St.-
09-08-2005, 08:09 AM
I could use his address as well jim so if you could mug him and take his wallet that would be great. I'll send it back to him with my bands CD. rock on.

DonFanucci
09-08-2005, 08:10 AM
Who the hell is Jack White? Is he the Jack Black of Bizarro world?

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 08:10 AM

T

I thought he was the Goblin Prince...?

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Who the hell is Jack White? Is he the Jack Black of Bizarro world?

He's the ultra awesome guitarist and vocalist of the White Stripes.

DonFanucci
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM
He's the ultra awesome guitarist and vocalist of the White Stripes.

Ohh.... the guy who's boinking his sister... yeah, he's cool... :mistrust:

King of Mars
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM
On a related note (excuse the pun)...

Day-um.

http://tominonze.skyblog.com/pics/38614515.jpg

joeAR
09-08-2005, 08:13 AM

Somebody already made that joke ;)

St.-
09-08-2005, 08:14 AM

check out

www.whitestripes.net (www.whitestripes.net)

for the best live music your sorry butt will hear all year. ;-)

DonFanucci
09-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Somebody already made that joke ;)

And I made it again.

Dr. Blasphemy
09-08-2005, 08:15 AM
On a related note (excuse the pun)...

Day-um.

http://tominonze.skyblog.com/pics/38614515.jpg
Wow- I never knew Meg had such nice "tom toms" on her kit.........

PeterSparker
09-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Wow, very cool for Jim, Jeanette, and Scott! Awesome! 8)

(and for all of us too for that matter, because that picture of Meg's cans makes me very happy in the pants)

TIP
09-08-2005, 08:27 AM
I thought he was the Goblin Prince...?

or the Thin White Duke!

T

Busman
09-08-2005, 08:28 AM
I don't even know who Jack White is.

St.-
09-08-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't even know who Jack White is.

and once again

www.whitestripes.net (www.whitestripes.net)

check out downloads...

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 08:34 AM
or the Thin White Duke!

T

Or a good friend of Bing Crosby!

TIP
09-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Or a good friend of Bing Crosby!

Who happened to die shortly after recording with Bowie...coincidence?
T

St.-
09-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Wheres jean jeany?

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Who happened to die shortly after recording with Bowie...coincidence?
T

Must've been all the radiation from Bowie's space suit.

BenitoCereno
09-08-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm usually not in favor of Hollywood remakes, but if they remade Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid as a musical starring Jack Black and Jack White, I would sell all of your souls to go see it.

Jeanette
09-08-2005, 08:42 AM

Yesterday at the library we had a guy who was "troubled" in here. He was dressed like Michael Jackson with the sequined glove and everything. We spent a good portion of yesterday morning having MJ sightings.

So, today one of the guys who works here came by my desk and told me "Jack White is in the 200 section. I would have said hi but he's like 7 feet tall and it freaked me out."

I thought that he was screwing around. I thought that it was just some random guy that looked like Jack White. (Like yesterday's Michael Jackson.) Then, I went to go and see for myself and have a laugh.

But lo and behold there he was. I went up to him and I said "You're Jack White" and I laughed. I told him that my friend had said that Jack White was in the library and I was like, "Yeah right. Get the hell out of here!" I explained to him what had happened yesterday, and that I expected to see some guy that just looked like him instead of him.

I got to chat a bit with him and I made him laugh. I told him that it was cool that even though he's a big rock star, he was up early and not spending his morning doing blow in his hotel room. Instead, he was cracking some books and hanging out with us dorks.

I told him where everything was here in library and good luck with tonight's show. He gave me an autograph, said thanks, and was very gracious.

He's OK in my book.

TIP
09-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Yesterday at the library we had a guy who was "troubled" in here. He was dressed like Michael Jackson with the sequined glove and everything. We spent a good portion of yesterday morning having MJ sightings.

So, today one of the guys who works here came by my desk and told me "Jack White is in the 200 section. I would have said hi but he's like 7 feet tall and it freaked me out."

I thought that he was screwing around. I thought that it was just some random guy that looked like Jack White. (Like yesterday's Michael Jackson.) Then, I went to go and see for myself and have a laugh.

But lo and behold there he was. I went up to him and I said "You're Jack White" and I laughed. I told him that my friend had said that Jack White was in the library and I was like, "Yeah right. Get the hell out of here!" I explained to him what had happened yesterday, and that I expected to see some guy that just looked like him instead of him.

I got to chat a bit with him and I made him laugh. I told him that it was cool that even though he's a big rock star, he was up early and not spending his morning doing blow in his hotel room. Instead, he was cracking some books and hanging out with us dorks.

I told him where everything was here in library and good luck with tonight's show. He gave me an autograph, said thanks, and was very gracious.

He's OK in my book.

COOL!

T

St.-
09-08-2005, 08:44 AM

He's OK in my book.

Wow. That's really cool. I would have just fumbled my words while stupidity picked it up and headed for the goal line.

BenitoCereno
09-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Ask him for a kiss on the cheek, tell him you won't wash it for a week, and that will be all that you needed.

I'm sure he'd laugh until he shat.

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 08:54 AM
I would have asked if he still had his Tesla coil.

AAlgar
09-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Handing Scott's comic to him is the coolest thing you've ever done, Jim.

And you've done about a billionty cool things.

St.-
09-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Handing Scott's comic to him is the coolest thing you've ever done, Jim.

And you've done about a billionty cool things.

Agreed. You've done the astro yet again.

TIP
09-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Wheres jean jeany?

Well, he lives on his back...

T

Artie Pink
09-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Aw thanks guys. I hope to hell he seeks out the rest of Scott's comic, as it's AWESOME. If only we'd had time to print up the whole thing!!

I wish we had some pics - it was surreal to see the guy with an armful of books, sitting amongst the weirdos on the main floor.

I'm told I was a bit loud about it all. Could I be the first boarder to get written up at work over Scott Ziolko & Jack freakin' White??

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Jim's officially my third favorite person. I'd say first, but wife and baby come first. ;) :D

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
09-08-2005, 09:47 AM

You lucky bastard. I have my walls at work covered in pics of him--he is so gorgeous with his recent pencil moustache and all.

I envy you!!!
++++++++++end of transmission+++++++++++

Artie Pink
09-08-2005, 09:49 AM
You lucky bastard. I have my walls at work covered in pics of him--he is so gorgeous with his recent pencil moustache and all.

I envy you!!!
++++++++++end of transmission+++++++++++

He was kinda gorgeous. And he was so damn nice! I'm starting to think that VonBondie guy musta deserved it!!

(SERIOUSLY!!)

Brewtown Andy
09-08-2005, 09:55 AM
I was allowed to sleep through Jack White at the MPL?

Heads will roll for this!

Seriously, though, I have no idea what I would have done if I was there.

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Bumping because I'm a show-off and to reiterate just how much of a stud Your pal, Jim really is. :D

Brewtown Andy
09-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Bumping because I'm a show-off and to reiterate just how much of a stud Your pal, Jim really is. :DGood decision.

Wait a second.

Shouldn't this be bumped to show what a pimp Jeanette is? She's the one who went to talk to him first.

Blake Sims
09-08-2005, 09:09 PM
Im gonna see the White Stripes next tuesday!

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Good decision.

Wait a second.

Shouldn't this be bumped to show what a pimp Jeanette is? She's the one who went to talk to him first.

Yes, Jeanette is cool in my books, too.

Ziolko
09-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Im gonna see the White Stripes next tuesday!

They're awesome live. You'll have a great time!