PDA

View Full Version : Online subscribing - who does it?

Joshzilla
09-07-2005, 06:37 AM
What do you think about it? I think I'd really miss my geek-talks in my lcs.

ItsDLEVY
09-07-2005, 06:44 AM
I subscribe to a couple of titles through Marvel because they offered a great discount, but I like going to the store every week at least for a couple of titles to support the local business and for browsing. If you only buy online, you miss the opportunity to stumble on something new and interesting!

Guy H
09-07-2005, 08:48 AM
i get books from 3 sources..

my LCS. the books i need the day they come out like JLA, Flash.... etc

mailordercomics for most of my monthly stuff that i read when i get around to it. the discounts are nice and i usually get them shipped either monthly or every other week..

DCBS for certain tpbs and hc's..

i get around 80-90 books a month not counting tpbs and hc's.. so using mailorder saves a ton.. plus i still get about 20 of those at my lcs.. this allows me to use the mailorder to pu books i might not try especially tpbs and hc's.. if i find a one of those at 1/2 off it's a good bet i'll buy it..

but there are some hc's tpbs that need to be bought from dcbs. i don't buy alot from them but what i do buy is usually a good price.. i also got a friend to order with me so we split the shipping.. recent purchases include the runaways hc for 1/2 off.. absolute crisis, batman hush, and watchmen all for some really great prices.. and the 1st sin city slipcased set for 97 bucks.. i usually go with the once a month shipping on these..

alexlannin
09-07-2005, 08:57 AM
I have a midtown subscription. After two years of owning one, I need time off from a lcs.