PDA

View Full Version : Can Ultimate Spiderman Die?

Vitamin Party
09-06-2005, 10:25 AM
If it was to continue along it's path, I think he would be dead before he was 20. Should they kill him?

sto110
09-06-2005, 10:25 AM
no

cant kill the cash cow

and end my fav comic

james michael
09-06-2005, 10:29 AM
why should they kill him?

if thats the case, then they should have killed regular spidey a loooong time ago...

Evan the Shaggy
09-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Well considering the fact that he never is going to turn 20, Its pretty safe to say he won't die.

The-Last-Man
09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
no way, he wont die.

Unless he can be cloned...please god, no...

Wastrel
09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
they will eventually. and then he will come back to life. and then he will die again, passing his legacy on to someone else and they will promise that he will never come back. but he will.

Jonny Z
09-06-2005, 10:32 AM
didn't you read the issue (#7 i believe?) where spidey decapitates duncan mcloud and becomes a highlander?

Chinaski
09-06-2005, 10:35 AM
If they kill Ultimate Spiderman, that just means that they can re-relaunch the francise in 10-15 years using whatever the cool adjective at the time would be. They could select another underground / indie type writer with some "street cred" to send Spiderman into the 22nd century or something.

Jumbopimp
09-06-2005, 10:36 AM
didn't you read the issue (#7 i believe?) where spidey decapitates duncan mcloud and becomes a highlander?

Actually that was issue #8 and remember aunt May was really puzzeled that a lightning bolt went through her tv and into the basement? Man Bendis was on fire with that one.

Fochod
09-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Didn't Bendis still have a few stories to tell about Gwen?

Dead is dead, or something like that.
Green Goblin kills Spider-Man and throws Peter's body into the Lazarus Pit. Spider-Man is resurrected and Norman tries to kill Pete again, but Daredevil steps in. Daredevil gives Osborn a lecture about copyright infringement and tells him that Ba.. I mean Bruce Wayne, just sued Norman for everything he's got.
There you have it the Daredevil/Batman crossover we'll never see. No need to thank me, but I'm so cold right now. ;)

When I heard the rumors about the Highlander story arc in #7 and #8 (decompression people ;)), I was so psyched. Bendis and Bagley really nailed that one.

Mike Haseloff
09-07-2005, 06:03 AM
It'd never happen, but damned if that would be awesome!

Kill off Ultimate Spidey in a MAJOR event, and then replace USM with a new title focusing on another character.

Ray G.
09-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Not gonna happen. Teenage superheroes never die.

DonFanucci
09-07-2005, 06:15 AM
He can't die, but Gwen Stacy can get boned by the Green Goblin in a moment of weakness....

wait.... that can't happen in the Ultimate universe, can it?

Mike Haseloff
09-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Not gonna happen. Teenage superheroes never die.Or if they do, they come back eeeeevil. :robin:

joespam
09-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Didn't Bendis still have a few stories to tell about Gwen?

It's my personal theory that Bendis intended Pete to break up with MJ and then be with Gwen for awhile - and instead changed his mind along the way. So he killed Gwen, had that be a huge breaking point for Pete (and his relationship with MJ) and will now be doing that dynamic with Kitty. All speculation, of course. Bendis wears tinfoil hats so I can't pick up his alpha waves like I should.

Ray G.
09-07-2005, 06:24 AM
Or if they do, they come back eeeeevil. :robin:

Heh, yeah, that's the exception, but that was people power at work. :lol: