PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever just get tired of caring?

Vitamin Party
09-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Sometimes I look at the world, where a state fucks with the environment by having off-shore drilling, and they live in a coastal city that is below sea-level, and sinking.

Then something like this happens, and I just am so tired of trying to care.

Maybe if we weren't wiping out the jungles, El Nino wouldn't blow over south america so fast and make monster hurricanes. I don't know.

All these people only care after the fact, and I'm tired of feeling bad for them.

Maybe it's just today, and maybe I'm just cranky.

Does anyone ever feel like this?

Is it safe?
09-01-2005, 04:06 PM
I just think you need something explained to you.

I'm aware that there're a lot of internet communities where it's cool and hip to be cynical and detatched enough from the latest world disaster to make fun of it, even as the body count is amped up. I was even, for my sins, a member of a few of them when I was much, MUCH younger and stupider.

This place is not one of those places. This place is full of people who actually give a shit about their fellow man, and go out of thire way to help him.

If this is not what you were expecting, then I suggest you leave.

A few more posts like those, and you won't last long, anyway.

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
09-01-2005, 04:07 PM

I'm aware that there're a lot of internet communities where it's cool and hip to be cynical and detatched enough from the latest world disaster to make fun of it, even as the body count is amped up. I was even, for my sins, a member of a few of them when I was much, MUCH younger and stupider.

This place is not one of those places. This place is full of people who actually give a shit about their fellow man, and go out of thire way to help him.

Wrong person.

Is it safe?
09-01-2005, 04:07 PM
I was just fooling. :dare_y:

Vitamin Party
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM

That is quite the burden of integrity you are carrying.

Is it safe?
09-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Isn't it, though?

09-01-2005, 04:14 PM
That is quite the burden of integrity you are carrying.

That's actually something I said to him in one of the New Orleans threads, when he said he wished New Orleans had come up with an original disaster, instead of copying the Tsunami.

He's just copied and pasted it and used it here.

Nothing in it was intended towards you.

Angel of Distraction
09-01-2005, 04:15 PM
I think about this sort of thing a couple of times a day, whenever threads about this pop up.

Vitamin Party
09-01-2005, 04:18 PM
That's actually something I said to him in one of the New Orleans threads, when he said he wished New Orleans had come up with an original disaster, instead of copying the Tsunami.

He's just copied and pasted it and used it here.

Nothing in it was intended towards you.

I wasn't taken aback, as much as I thought "wow, I was just saying I'm a little apathetic, it's not like I was making fun of dead people"

09-01-2005, 04:19 PM
I wasn't taken aback, as much as I thought "wow, I was just saying I'm a little apathetic, it's not like I was making fun of dead people"

Now you know why that is.

DrMachine
09-01-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm well beyond you in the not caring dept.

BUT, I'm not heartless...I do feel empathy for the cost in human lives and suffering

Is it safe?
09-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I bet I care even less than you, JRMachine!

Angel of Distraction
09-01-2005, 04:22 PM

Wait, what total moron said that again?

09-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Wait, what total moron said that again?

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=30709

DrMachine
09-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I bet I care even less than you, JRMachine!
meh

Vitamin Party
09-01-2005, 04:29 PM
meh

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Everyone in my office just came over to me to find out what I was laughing about.

"Oh just... um... the TPS report... 2% increase um... it's a gutbuster"

artimoff
09-01-2005, 04:35 PM
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/amg_covers/200/drd700/d746/d74666ks0ol.jpg

Vitamin Party
09-01-2005, 04:37 PM
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/amg_covers/200/drd700/d746/d74666ks0ol.jpg

Do not bring Chuck Mosley into my thread!

Angel of Distraction
09-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Right. Hey, IIS? Here's the line. Here on the wrong side of it, is you.

09-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Right. Hey, IIS? Here's the line. Here on the wrong side of it, is you.

He's also just been banned.

I love it when Alesha bans people. We always get something witty in their avatars.

Is it safe?
09-01-2005, 04:45 PM
It was just a joke. Sorry if it caused offense.

Queen of the Ban Age
09-01-2005, 04:49 PM
He's also just been banned.

I love it when Alesha bans people. We always get something witty in their avatars.

Thanks.

I don't think thousands of deaths, lost homes, devastated families, or ruined lives are funny. Especially when it's still occurring.

Is it safe?
09-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks.

I don't think thousands of deaths, lost homes, devastated families, or ruined lives are funny. Especially when it's still occurring.

So it could be funny later, when people aren't actually dying?

Angel of Distraction
09-01-2005, 04:51 PM

Does he have powers. How did he post this?

Smokinblues
09-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Does he have powers. How did he post this?

nah there was a goof. alysha fixed it. he's gone now.

09-01-2005, 04:56 PM

Defiant until the end.

Almost noble.

Almost.