PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Marvel, I drop Ultimates w/ Volume 2.12

Kirblar
08-30-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm really sad, but I don't have a choice here. Long Halloween was the biggest waste of $25 ever. I like not being insulted by a book w/ an ending that can't be conclusively argued in ANY direction. So much for "A-List" creators (Loeb i mean). This is a slap in the face to readers, as the man who parodied them and seems to detest the line is taking over.

adventure metal
08-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Treat yourself to a Whopper with your extra 2.99 a month. That's what I'm going to do

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
08-30-2005, 04:29 PM
I'll at least be giving the first issue a go. I like Loeb, when he's not writing Superman/Batman, and Mad, despite what people are now saying in hindsight, was always a good artist, in my opinion.

They just don't seem to fit with this book at all.

Patton
08-30-2005, 04:33 PM
see, I'm not sure that's something they need congratulated for.

Jonny Z
08-30-2005, 04:34 PM
that'd be dumb if volume 2 goes 13 issues like volume 1 ;)

batmanbooyah
08-30-2005, 04:36 PM
loeb made a big hissy fit that marvel was using dc's characters in supreme power, now he's working for them? i don't get that. maybe he just doesn't like JMS or something.

Kirblar
08-30-2005, 04:36 PM
that'd be dumb if volume 2 goes 13 issues like volume 1 ;)
I'm pretty sure Millar's said it's two 6 issue arcs + the annual, making it 13 again.

Jonny Z
08-30-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Millar's said it's two 6 issue arcs + the annual, making it 13 again.

haha darn. thought i was being cute :)

DeleriumTremens
08-30-2005, 04:41 PM
When it comes down to it I feel like Marvel has done a very good job so far with picking people to helm their Ultimate titles. I have a feeling Loeb gave a great pitch for his season, and will definately pick up the first issue. On the other hand if you don't like the team dont buy the title, but its not as if Marvel is personally insulting your mother with their choice.

THWIP!
08-30-2005, 04:42 PM
loeb made a big hissy fit that marvel was using dc's characters in supreme power, now he's working for them? i don't get that. maybe he just doesn't like JMS or something.
Bendis said that Loeb doesn't know how to tell jokes or joke around in a matter that would constitute a joke.

Bill Nolan
08-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Treat yourself to a Whopper with your extra 2.99 a month. That's what I'm going to do

Every month? More like 8 times a year...

- Bill

NickT
08-30-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm sure they will miss you so much when the book has a shoot up in sales :)

BronxRonin
08-30-2005, 04:47 PM

wurd
:grope:

artimoff
08-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Am I the only one who actually likes Superman/Batman?

I can't stand Turner, so I dropped the book for 6 issues, so maybe they sucked. S/B is the only Loeb I've liked scence Challengers of the Unknown.

artimoff
08-30-2005, 04:48 PM

Millar & Hitch are far more popular than Loeb & Mad.

Alex Wilson
08-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Bendis said that Loeb doesn't know how to tell jokes or joke around in a matter that would constitute a joke.

Hmm. Not Bendis's best Smacktalk. Was he perchance trying to exhaust Loeb with dry wit?

It'll be a different book. That's a good thing. As great as Millar and Hitch have been, change is necessary in comics and in life.

Alex.

DeleriumTremens
08-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Hmm. Not Bendis's best Smacktalk. Was he perchance trying to exhaust Loeb with dry wit?

It'll be a different book. That's a good thing. As great as Millar and Hitch have been, change is necessary in comics and in life.

Alex.
No I demand that we always keep the Status Quo regardless the cost.

THWIP!
08-30-2005, 04:59 PM

Alex.Well what i was refering to was that a few people took what Loeb said about using the "ultimates" and the "jabs" at marvel in an interview with wizard as mean, and hateful, and serious things, were Bendis came out and said that Loeb was just joking, and he didn't know how to do it well.

THWIP!
08-30-2005, 05:00 PM
No I demand that we always keep the Status Quo regardless the cost.
I don't know if you were on the Image board but I started a thread about this exact thing. How Millar likes to come do his thing and leave.

NickT
08-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Millar & Hitch are far more popular than Loeb & Mad.
More popular maybe, but I think Mad will bring more people to the book than any of the other three could.

Well what i was refering to was that a few people took what Loeb said about using the "ultimates" and the "jabs" at marvel in an interview with wizard as mean, and hateful, and serious things, were Bendis came out and said that Loeb was just joking, and he didn't know how to do it well.
I think the problem was in part because the Wizard interview didn't show any form of emotions. Showing just the text can take the intention out of anything.

Flonk
08-30-2005, 05:25 PM
You know what we need? 800 more threads about this. The book won't be out for another year and a half, save your bile for then.

NickT
08-30-2005, 05:29 PM
You know what we need? 800 more threads about this. The book won't be out for another year and a half, save your bile for then.
But what about Ultimates V4?

Flonk
08-30-2005, 09:10 PM
But what about Ultimates V4?

Three words.

Return. Of. Zimmerman.

JABSEN
08-30-2005, 09:16 PM
You know what we need? 800 more threads about this. The book won't be out for another year and a half, save your bile for then.I won't be satisfied till each Boarder has started an Ultimates 3 thread

Your Pal, Carl
08-30-2005, 09:19 PM
I won't be satisfied till each Boarder has started an Ultimates 3 thread
I'll get right on this. :)

Hypester23
08-30-2005, 09:21 PM
I have enjoyed the little I have read of Loeb, but I'm not a big Joe Mad fan. I'll give it a try at least in the beginning though.

Your Pal, Carl
08-30-2005, 09:30 PM
I'll get right on this. :)
Done.

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?p=720155&posted=1#post720155 (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?p=720155&posted=1#post720155)

Shannon Chenoweth
08-30-2005, 09:33 PM
This is such an awesome thread. :p
Anyway, I look forward to seeing what Loeb and Mad do with the book.

RC

bachman
08-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I understand not liking a creative team, but do you have to be such a smarmy asshole about it?

"Congraaaaatulations...... Mar-VEL!"

Was that a joke? Or meant to be sarcastic? Cuz if not you are a sad sad person and the real life equivalent of Comic Book Guy.

The Human Target
08-30-2005, 09:48 PM
I understand not liking a creative team, but do you have to be such a smarmy asshole about it?

"Congraaaaatulations...... Mar-VEL!"

Was that a joke? Or meant to be sarcastic? Cuz if not you are a sad sad person and the real life equivalent of Comic Book Guy.

So I take it you're a Loeb fan?

bachman
08-30-2005, 09:51 PM
So I take it you're a Loeb fan?

I think he's alright, but that's not really the point. I just wish more people could argue their case without snide comments and bitterness.

And plus there are already 87 threads about this, but this guy had to start his own, cuz his opinion is that important.

anthony the ghost
08-30-2005, 09:53 PM
from the looks of it, theyre trying to ruin the market sucess of the ultimates, loeb would have been fine but joemad will sink the book, guaranteed.

joeAR
08-30-2005, 09:53 PM
I think he's alright, but that's not really the point. I just wish more people could argue their case without snide comments and bitterness.

And plus there are already 87 threads about this, but this guy had to start his own, cuz his opinion is that important.

So did I but I have a picture of Chicken strips in my thread, beat that bitches :cool:

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=30364 (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=30364)

Mike Haseloff
08-30-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm really sad, but I don't have a choice here. Long Halloween was the biggest waste of $25 ever. I like not being insulted by a book w/ an ending that can't be conclusively argued in ANY direction. So much for "A-List" creators (Loeb i mean). This is a slap in the face to readers, as the man who parodied them and seems to detest the line is taking over.Oh yeah! You're the guy who didn't get Long Halloween! :mistrust:

Kirblar
08-31-2005, 04:46 AM
Oh yeah! You're the guy who didn't get Long Halloween! :mistrust:
There's no ending. There's nothing to get. If the last 3 pages dropped off of my memory and the book, I'd have no problems w/ it. It's just that the last 3 pages completely destroy everything that's been set up w/o providing a real resolution. And there's no way that those pages mesh w/ most of whats happened. It's not an either/or situation because there are too many logic holes. Ugh.

modungo
08-31-2005, 06:02 AM
There's no ending. There's nothing to get. If the last 3 pages dropped off of my memory and the book, I'd have no problems w/ it. It's just that the last 3 pages completely destroy everything that's been set up w/o providing a real resolution. And there's no way that those pages mesh w/ most of whats happened. It's not an either/or situation because there are too many logic holes. Ugh.
I personally don't think there's anything wrong with an inconclusive ending however, this story didn't have one...
Gilda Dent did it up until New Years, after that it's Alberto. She wants to believe it was Harvey after that cause she's fucking crazy.

Boris the Blade
08-31-2005, 06:05 AM
I'm gonna try the book before I jump to any conclusions.