PDA

View Full Version : Powers Powers Merchandise!

Oeming
08-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Okay, so in the past we've done shirts and lighters and a bust. We have a full on Retro Girl statue in the makings as we speak. What would you guys like to see? Im not sure what we can do and what is affordable, but some thoughts-

Powers Chess Set

Powers Poker cards

A big black and white trade of all the Image issues

what else?

SteveZegers
08-30-2005, 09:51 AM
I would really like a Deena statue in the same format as the Walker one.

BlueNote27
08-30-2005, 10:15 AM
The chess set sounds hot!

En Sabah Nur
08-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Man, I thought that said Power Rangers, that'll teach me to only take cursory glances at topics.

mario
08-30-2005, 11:58 AM
that big black&white book sounds promising

what we have is "luxuary editions" where one reprints the book in black&white full size of the artboards in a hard cover with a linen back. And each book is signed and number, with an original page , so this edition is limited to the number of pages inside the book

mario
08-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Powers Chess Set

for some reasons i think of checkers or dominoes, not chess with powers :)

maybe a record like in the old days with a radio play?

ItsDLEVY
08-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Air fresheners! Socks! Shoelaces! Bedsheets! And not just in kiddie sizes - I want queen sized Powers bedsheets. And grown-up sized underoos!

TonyFleecs
08-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Retro Girl Undaroos.

marioboon
08-30-2005, 02:44 PM
condoms!!

why didn't anyone think of those yet?

Scott Wegener
08-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Ooh, yeah they could have Olympia's face on the head!

M. Sean McManus
08-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Dude.

I am so ready for my Adult-Sized Retro Girl Undaroos.

Will she be dead on them? They're so soft. I want a hundred pairs so when they wear out I can just put on a fresh pack. I want to line them up and sleep on them. Who needs a f'n quilt when you can just lay in a big fresh pile of Adult-Sized Retro Girl Undaroos.

That is so wicked!

shane
08-30-2005, 05:32 PM
cereal

Hack
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
maybe a record like in the old days with a radio play?

That's a great idea!

How about something along the lines of those 70's Power book and records? A comic+ plus a 45 (or CD, since it's no longer 1976) of someone reading the comic. But, since it's Powers it'd be filthy as fuck. Hillarity ensues.

But a CD of Old Time Radio style stories would be pretty damn awesome, too.

http://www.spiderfan.org/audio/power_comic/images/power_book2.jpg

Tschloendorn
08-31-2005, 05:06 AM
For us poor collectors,a line of affordable action figures.

brianquinn
08-31-2005, 07:23 AM
That's a great idea!

How about something along the lines of those 70's Power book and records? A comic+ plus a 45 (or CD, since it's no longer 1976) of someone reading the comic. But, since it's Powers it'd be filthy as fuck. Hillarity ensues.

But a CD of Old Time Radio style stories would be pretty damn awesome, too.

http://www.spiderfan.org/audio/power_comic/images/power_book2.jpg

no lie, Oeming has the Kojac record/book in his studio.

Brian

brianquinn
08-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Action Figures!!!!

B

nick filardi
08-31-2005, 07:33 AM
Action Figures!!!!

B

there ya go

Balthazar
08-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Deena and Walker detective badges.

wiernicki
08-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Bookends!!
Each bookend is one side of a building. Each with a window and various objects like trash cans condoms and garbage strewn around. On the right side is Deena and a super villan. She is hitting the villan (who happens to be a stretchy guy) in the face with a big stick, sending his head stretching into the window behind him. The head comes out through the window on the other bookend just behind Walker who is leaning up against the wall gun in both hands waiting for something to come around the corner. But now his eyes are turning towards the noise behind him.
Don't know what bookends cost to produce, so this could be way too expensive. But I think it could look real cool.
Andrew

chrisfasowned
08-31-2005, 08:37 AM
powers, the breakfast cereal!
powers, the toilet paper!
powers, the flame thrower! (the kids love it.)

Tschloendorn
08-31-2005, 08:51 AM
Action Figures!!!!

B

There you go stealing my ideas,and Nick you too for agreeing with him. :hulk:

Shannon Chenoweth
08-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Yes, definitely action figures. I want one of Pilgrim, Walker, Retro Girl, Kutter, etc. :)

I know its the thing DC & Marvel are doing, but a shirt a la the athletic dept shirt, but just a regular police one that says Powers Division on the back or something would be fun.

RC

Ivan In Da Crypt
08-31-2005, 10:09 AM
do some stickers of some kind!
but be cool and use some shadow to give them a moody feel like you do in your comics Mike, instead of just a drawing of the characters and making stickers.

.....or how about sketch book of Powers related things, kinda like The Art of Powers (or is that something for the trades).

Hack
08-31-2005, 09:22 PM
Colorforms.

Monkey fucking colorforms.

I'd really like to see an Art of Powers book. It'd be a nice companion to the scriptbook.

M. Sean McManus
09-01-2005, 04:20 AM
OK, how about some really, really big... wall sized posters of key POWERS panels. I'm talking wall paper, billboard sized art prints.

ItsDLEVY
09-01-2005, 05:27 AM
How about Powers halloween costumes? Ideally, the kind with the cheesy plastic mask and the vinyl smock, but grown-up sized.

Also - and this I think would do really well - a Powers version of "Who's Who" or whatever they're calling it these days.

gaspar
09-04-2005, 08:34 AM
I love a lot of these ideas and would buy any of these that are produced:

B&W version of the Image issues - I'm thinking like the "Essentials" books, but the oversized artbook suggested would be cool too.
Action Figures - I don't buy a ton of figures, but I'd definitely pick up any and every Powers ones made available.
The "Powers Division" police shirt sounds awesome!
I don't know if my wife would go for the Undaroos, but hell if I wouldn't give it a shot!

Hope to see some of these soon!
Brandon

TenStoryMother
09-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I would really like a Deena statue in the same format as the Walker one.

PLEASE!

dankiely
09-04-2005, 02:26 PM
since we had a powers script book, how about a powers sketch book?

mpschuster
09-07-2005, 05:16 AM
My vote is for the action figures. I know they're expensive to produce, but they would be awesome.

I also like the idea of fake badges, but those might be tough to produce too. An alternative might be a cloth patch, or a POWERS baseball cap in the style of the FBI or FDNY caps: all black, block lettering. I worked for an apparel company for a year and half, designing headwear and athletic apparel. (All licensed stuff too.) If you want to pick my brain about anything, drop me an e-mail.

ItsDLEVY
09-07-2005, 05:49 AM
I also like the idea of fake badges, but those might be tough to produce too. An alternative might be a cloth patch, or a POWERS baseball cap in the style of the FBI or FDNY caps: all black, block lettering. I worked for an apparel company for a year and half, designing headwear and athletic apparel. (All licensed stuff too.) If you want to pick my brain about anything, drop me an e-mail.

What about Cap Guns?

Or pocket drainers?

copypastepuke
09-07-2005, 05:54 AM
i want a HUGE POSTER maybe something like the cover of issue 30 or something awesome like that.

ItsDLEVY
09-07-2005, 06:03 AM
i want a HUGE POSTER maybe something like the cover of issue 30 or something awesome like that.

Or a poster with the first 50 covers in a big grid.

NickBurgess
09-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Here are the best answers:

Girl's underwear: so you can sign bums at conventions

Cheap versions of the books: black and white, digest, whatever. Just something cheap to give to friends. B&W might not work great, considering how important color is to the stories.

Slipcases?: for trades. I dunno!

POWERS FIELD GUIDE TO SUPERHEROES: make up a book that would have been published in like 1995 in the Powers universe. Maybe for tourists to The City. Something detailing all the history of the superheroes and whatnot, but made to feel "in universe" like the coloring book.

Sketch book: definitely!

More t-shirts that are actually cool: like my chalk outline one. So many comic book shirts are dumb looking. Keep the cool ones coming.

Poster with all the characters: like that popular simpsons one. someone might buy it

Honestly, I think the chess set etc might be cool, but might also be super cheesy. Not that I would refuse to play chess on it, but Powers seems like a sort of serious, cool, creative piece of fiction -- the characters aren't really icons. They're characters. So I've never quite understood the cries for action figures, statues, etc. I far prefer things like the coloring book, that are like a piece of the fiction itself, and limited other things.

I kind of feel like Powers is a band I like, and that's the kind of merchandise I'd want to see. T-shirts, buttons, actual creative output, etc. Then again, the Beatles have action figures.

copypastepuke
09-07-2005, 10:52 AM
if you make teeshirts, please, please please do not make ONLY XXL TEE SHIRTS. all my favorite comic book shirts are only ever printed in xxl and i can never find one that fits.

the last ronin
09-07-2005, 07:35 PM
A fuckin badge!

arthurloewenkamp
09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Bedding sets, blankets pillow cases, the works
or towels w/the retrogirl outline, or a his and hers set, Walker, Pilgrim instead of his/hers

Agent Desmond
09-07-2005, 08:46 PM
If you took the covers, and made prints out of them. ala http://www.podgallery.com/index.cfm/hurl/msgId=962/action=artwork (http://www.podgallery.com/index.cfm/hurl/msgId=962/action=artwork)

Zora cubes to wear on your hands, as well as goggles for the ladies

An 8x10 of Diamond and Retro Girl that Deena got like in "Who Killed Retro Girl"

Green Lightbulbs

Red Hawk water gun

St.-
09-08-2005, 08:35 AM
I really enjoyed the coloring book and i think parody is a huge strenght that you guys have so i would just go with that and i'll buy it.

Action figures sound really cool as well as everyone has said. I think powers inaction figures ala kevin smiths stuff would be more popular with fans but i could be really wrong.

Posters?

Powers badge?

aWalkingApe
09-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I want a shirt with the Diamond symbol.