PDA

View Full Version : Ben Folds iTunes Exclusive!

JoshuaFialkov
08-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Came out today. Interview stuff, new performances of classic songs... it's like 36 tracks for 12 bucks. Go team!

St.-
08-30-2005, 09:40 AM
I hate these itunes exclusives. Mainly cause I hate downloading albums cause it looses a lot of the candle light at dinner effect. Meaning it stinks not have album art and stuff like that.but also cause i can't just buy the one song i want. :mad:

But i do like Ben Folds just becaue of the shat.

dimeshop
08-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Just bought and I'm listening to it now. It's really awesome.

His records come out so infrequently these days that I how much I love his music.

DeleriumTremens
08-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Sweet thanks for the heads up

Supajoe
08-30-2005, 05:13 PM
awesome!

ItsDLEVY
08-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Just bought and I'm listening to it now. It's really awesome.

His records come out so infrequently these days that I how much I love his music.

Infrequently? In the last year he's put out one album but also five EPs, and now this. Plus a reissue with an entire EP's worth of bonus tracks.

dimeshop
08-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Infrequently? In the last year he's put out one album but also five EPs, and now this. Plus a reissue with an entire EP's worth of bonus tracks.

You're absolutely right, but almost all of the stuff was itunes exclusive. As someone who only recently got a computer that could run itunes, as far as I'm concerned he put out his first album in 4 years.

iGotKittyPryde
08-30-2005, 08:09 PM
You're absolutely right, but almost all of the stuff was itunes exclusive. As someone who only recently got a computer that could run itunes, as far as I'm concerned he put out his first album in 4 years.

Um, I bought the three EPs in my local store, not to mention his new album certainly wasn't iTunes exclusive, neither was the recent re-issue.

ItsDLEVY
08-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Um, I bought the three EPs in my local store, not to mention his new album certainly wasn't iTunes exclusive, neither was the recent re-issue.

And they were available (in actual disc form) from his website for months before they were available in stores.

In fact, the only thing I mentioned that was "exclusive" besides the iTunes thing that came out today was the Live at Tower Records EP which was "exclusive" to a gigantic, international chain store.

Was it really four years since he put out the live album?

iGotKittyPryde
08-30-2005, 08:29 PM
And they were available (in actual disc form) from his website for months before they were available in stores.

In fact, the only thing I mentioned that was "exclusive" besides the iTunes thing that came out today was the Live at Tower Records EP which was "exclusive" to a gigantic, international chain store.

Was it really four years since he put out the live album?

I think he's talking about "Rockin' the Suburbs" which came out in 2001 (on September 11th, I believe)

Also, no offense to the guy, but I don't think he has a clue what he's talking about.

dimeshop
08-30-2005, 08:56 PM
I think he's talking about "Rockin' the Suburbs" which came out in 2001 (on September 11th, I believe)

Also, no offense to the guy, but I don't think he has a clue what he's talking about.

True enough. I hadn't really heard about the eps. Folds mentioned on this new thing that he released them all on itunes, I thought he meant exclusively (we don't have a real record store round here).

Yeah, I was talking about Rockin' the Suburbs, which was the last album he release and it was 4 years ago.

ItsDLEVY
08-31-2005, 04:51 AM
Yeah, I was talking about Rockin' the Suburbs, which was the last album he release and it was 4 years ago.

Except Rockin' the Suburbs wasn't the last album he released. Ben Folds Live was. Granted it was October, 2002.

dimeshop
08-31-2005, 05:21 AM
Except Rockin' the Suburbs wasn't the last album he released. Ben Folds Live was. Granted it was October, 2002.

I'm sorry, I should have said album of original materlal.

Chinaski
08-31-2005, 06:48 AM
What are the songs that are available on iTunes? I have never used it before, do I need to join it and download software to play it, or is it in standard MP3 format?

Bill Nolan
08-31-2005, 08:49 AM
You need iTunes to download it and play it. Or you can use iTunes to covert it to another format.

- Bill

JoshuaFialkov
08-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Track Listing

iTunes Originals 0:03 Ben Folds
Bastard (iTunes Originals Version) 5:10
My Inner White Man Came Out In Full Bloom 2:38
Philosophy (iTunes Originals Version) 5:00
Nothing Manly About Walking Around Singing Neil Sedaka 2:44
Boxing (iTunes Originals Version) 4:00
Writing About Yourself Without Being Emotionally Lewd 2:28
Alice Childress (iTunes Originals Version) 4:08
A Really Tough Year 2:21
Brick (iTunes Originals Version) 4:27
Making a Stadium Feel Like a Living Room 2:51
I Understood What She Was Talking About 0:59
Meeting Shatner 2:35
A New Clean Slate 1:11
The Scariest Thing You've Ever Done Is Right On the Horizon 1:09
Still Fighting It 4:25 Ben Folds
Making Songs for Silverman 2:11
Prison Food 4:15
Landed 4:18
A Walk Through Any City In America 1:02
Jesusland (iTunes Originals Version) 4:15
When Desperate Static Beats the Silence Up 1:32
Late (iTunes Originals Version) 3:53
You to Thank (iTunes Originals Version) 3:29
THe stuff you don't recognize is the little interview snippets.