PDA

View Full Version : Exorcism of Emily Rose

Constant Reader
08-30-2005, 06:00 AM
Anyone going to see this? The trailers freak me out...especially that "onetwothreefourfivesix" business....

CR

Brian Defferding
08-30-2005, 06:09 AM
I already plan to see this movie 5 times! :)

EDIT: Although I'm dismayed to see it get a PG-13 rating; that might deter me from seeing it more than once.

moonspider
08-30-2005, 06:12 AM
so is this a remake of the 'exorcist' or something completely different...info if anyone's got to share

deadboy
08-30-2005, 06:13 AM
They were giving out passes to a screener for this movie at my local comic shop last week. It was creepy as hell. This girl make one heck of a crazy posssessed girl. I'm not gonna give any spoilers or anything but I would definitely recommend seeing this flick. 3 1/2 stars out of 5

Brian Defferding
08-30-2005, 06:15 AM
so is this a remake of the 'exorcist' or something completely different...info if anyone's got to share

Go to this thread to read everything about it (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=20770&highlight=emily+rose) :thumb:

The Girl

True story. Some German girl (who's name wasn't emily rose, obviously).

MattJohnson
The television commercials make it seem like this movie is 80% people turning and making scary faces at her, while their eye sockets drip. I'll pass.

Mister Mets

It's a movie (according to the ads) based on an actual event which was deemed a demonic possession by the catholic church in a controversial decision.

Seems creepy. I'm seeing it. But why the hell is it PG-13?

TIP
08-30-2005, 06:16 AM
True story...those BILL movies starring Mickey Rooney used to freak me out. Harmonica Bush?!? What the fuck?!?

T

deadboy
08-30-2005, 06:19 AM

No, definitely not a remake. This girl is actually a college student, not a little girl. A lot different but it's hard to explain the differences without giving stuff away. I feel it's probably ok to say that there is no pea soup and no simulated sex with a cross. And this girl is about 100x creepier than linda blair.

Taki Soma
08-30-2005, 06:21 AM
I've read about an exorcism attended by M. Scott Peck, a respected psychologist and a non-believer-until-he-actually-saw-it-with-his-eyes.

He said science is his foundation of belief, but he also understands now that there are things out there that science yet cannot explain away.

I'm always very interested in things like this, I'm definitely seeing it.

THWIP!
08-30-2005, 06:23 AM
I was planning on seeing Broken Flowers.

moonspider
08-30-2005, 06:24 AM
Go to this thread to read everything about it (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=20770&highlight=emily+rose) :thumb:

thanks man....sounds kewl....why the pg-13 rating though....oh well, mebbe they'll be a r rated version when it hits dvd

deadboy
08-30-2005, 06:25 AM
Oh man!

The doctor that attends this exorcism is just the same way. But he is pretty much damaged afterwards. SERIOUSLY damaged.

emin
08-30-2005, 06:30 AM
But why the hell is it PG-13?

Seems all the scary movies these days are pg-13. I am really looking forwrad to this though. I want to take my woman to the theatre to see it but she refuses to go. She is easily scared!!

PoWerSurge
08-30-2005, 06:40 AM
Isn't nudity really the only thing that makes something an R anymore?

emin
08-30-2005, 06:44 AM
Isn't nudity really the only thing that makes something an R anymore?

I thought blood and guts did to. :D

MattJohnson
08-30-2005, 10:39 AM
I've read about an exorcism attended by M. Scott Peck, a respected psychologist and a non-believer-until-he-actually-saw-it-with-his-eyes.

He said science is his foundation of belief, but he also understands now that there are things out there that science yet cannot explain away.

I'm always very interested in things like this, I'm definitely seeing it.

Reading his comments on that all-but-made my life, since I had this douche bag religion teacher last year (who incidentally did everything he could to not let me graduate) who used to essentially fellate Peck and Road Less Traveled every day of class. Reading him talking about exorcisms was the funniest god damn thing ever.

(I mean you no offense, Ms. Soma--I happen to not believe, and I'm not criticizing anyone who does, except that fucker Peck (I don't want a patented Taki beatdownŠ))

Ryan Elliott
08-30-2005, 11:03 AM
I'd rather see Batman Begins again.

Los
08-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Looks pretty good.