PDA

View Full Version : 70s Marvel Records, where can i listen to them?

Ivan In Da Crypt
08-28-2005, 04:53 AM
Hey i was wondering if anyone knows of a place online where i can listen to those 45rpm record books Marvel made back in the 70s.
Or if theyve been made into a CD, OR if anyone has those records and can make me a copy.
Also id love to hear the one from the M.M.M.S. record with the theme song and the bullpen making jokes.

I know you can get these records on ebay pretty cheap but i dont have a record player and dont really want to get one just to listen to them.

Can anyone help?

Ivan

Mike Haseloff
08-28-2005, 04:59 AM
I know you can get these records on ebay pretty cheap but i dont have a record player and dont really want to get one just to listen to them.What a brave new world we live in!

cburnham
08-28-2005, 07:01 AM
I remember these. I also liked the full-length albums that Marvel put-out, like the one where some guy was singing as Peter Parker whining about all his problems and how much he loved Gwen and shit. What a fucking pussy. Funny as hell though.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
08-28-2005, 07:05 AM
I have a Captain America one.

Dusty
08-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Yeah, I remember those awesome book and records. I owned several of them. Captain America and the Falcon #168, which was the first appearance of Zemo in the guise of the Phoenix, was my favorite. That's when his face got all fucked up. I also had Spider-Man, guest starring the Man Wolf, an issue of Conan, and an issue of Batman, featuring the Joker. I believe Power Records was the company that put those out. Good luck finding them. Unfortunately, I no longer have them.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
08-28-2005, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I remember those awesome book and records. I owned several of them. Captain America and the Falcon #168, which was the first appearance of Zemo in the guise of the Phoenix, was my favorite. That's when his face got all fucked up.
That is the one that I have.

Dr. Blasphemy
08-28-2005, 08:56 AM
I had SOOO many of these when I was a kid..I fuckin LOVED THEM!
I remember the Cap and falcon one...Great.
I also had a Hilk one, a FF one, a Batman, a LP of Spiderman, and a bunch more...I wish I still had em.....

andrew french
08-28-2005, 09:07 AM
i saw the Man-Thing VS a clown record at my comic shop. unfortunately, when i came back for it, it was gone forever.

Ivan In Da Crypt
08-28-2005, 09:11 AM
there are loads on ebay... cheap too!

Dusty
08-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I had SOOO many of these when I was a kid..I fuckin LOVED THEM!
I remember the Cap and falcon one...Great.
I also had a Hilk one, a FF one, a Batman, a LP of Spiderman, and a bunch more...I wish I still had em.....

I forgot about the FF book & record that I had. It featured The Mole Man (and a retelling of their origin, I believe) , but I can't remember the issue from the comic that it was.

Justin.Strange
08-28-2005, 12:46 PM
serously, what the hell are y'all talking about?

Ivan In Da Crypt
08-28-2005, 01:34 PM
serously, what the hell are y'all talking about?

back in the 70s Marvel made records of the comics, kinda like audiobooks.... but on 45s.

Justin.Strange
08-28-2005, 02:39 PM
back in the 70s Marvel made records of the comics, kinda like audiobooks.... but on 45s.

AWESOME! now i must find MP3's of thses and listen...

BC at large!
08-28-2005, 04:13 PM
AWESOME! now i must find MP3's of thses and listen...

If you find some, clue the rest of us in. I've been looking for Spider-Man "Mark Of The Man-Wolf" for a while now...

RODGER
08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
i saw some on DC++

Justin.Strange
08-28-2005, 04:30 PM
whats DC++?

RODGER
08-28-2005, 04:45 PM
whats DC++?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/REALSANDMAN420/google.jpg

it's a peer to peer file sharing program.
it's really cool

Ivan In Da Crypt
08-29-2005, 12:36 AM
this is what my original post was about....
if anyone knows where to get them on mp3 please clue us in on it.

cburnham
08-29-2005, 06:13 AM
I forgot about the FF book & record that I had. It featured The Mole Man (and a retelling of their origin, I believe) , but I can't remember the issue from the comic that it was.
I'm pretty sure it was Fantastic Four (Vol. 1) #128. The original comic has this really cool double-page glossy insert too. I was so blown away by the record as a kid that I went out and found the "real" comic.