PDA

View Full Version : USM Game Special Edition?

Hypester23
08-27-2005, 09:29 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that there was a special edition of this game coming out with a bunch of cool extras. I normally don't buy vidoe games new or at all really, but this one I would definately like to get.

Anyone know?

thatguylobo
08-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that there was a special edition of this game coming out with a bunch of cool extras. I normally don't buy vidoe games new or at all really, but this one I would definately like to get.

Anyone know?

Wanted: Commentary by Bendis.

"Okay, now when I was writing this piece of dialouge, I... Oh shit! Behind you! No, punch, then kick! Okay, now there's a health power up down this alley. Just hold B and... LOOK OUT FOR THE RHINO!!! Christ, are you dead again... Here, let me play."

I'd pay good money for that feature.

JABSEN
08-27-2005, 09:32 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=Ultimate+Spider-man+special+edition+game

Blandy vs Terrorism
08-27-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of the features, but it has an interview with Stan Lee on it. And apparently the special edition is only for PS2.

Mike Haseloff
08-27-2005, 09:33 PM
If there's a special edition, I want to fucking know about it so I don't buy the shitty regular one, and so I can hate on the company for releasing two versions!!! :mad:

JABSEN
08-27-2005, 09:34 PM
And apparently the special edition is only for PS2.Yeah,looks that way:-x

Hypester23
08-27-2005, 09:34 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=Ultimate+Spider-man+special+edition+game

Though I sense sarcasm, you have my thanks :)

Wish amazon had this for preorder :(

antistar
08-27-2005, 09:35 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=254 (http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=254)

No special edition, but a special deal where you get a bonus "making of" dvd if you preorder the game.

Then again, Gamestop sometimes does their own special packaging like they did for Resident Evil 4, so the game and DVD might come in a special tin or something.

EDIT: Whoops, Gamestop didn't list the special edition.

Hypester23
08-27-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of the features, but it has an interview with Stan Lee on it. And apparently the special edition is only for PS2.

GAH!! You're right!! That sucks!! Oh well...guess I'll just have to make due with Gamecube. Hopefully the comic included with it isn't something new. If it is...hello ebay!!

Petey Parker
08-27-2005, 10:13 PM
If there's a special edition, I want to fucking know about it so I don't buy the shitty regular one, and so I can hate on the company for releasing two versions!!! :mad:

The Special Edition will be the shitty one because Venom is on the cover instead of Spider-Man. Fuck Venom.

Hypester23
08-28-2005, 09:08 PM
The Special Edition will be the shitty one because Venom is on the cover instead of Spider-Man. Fuck Venom.

But it's Venom drawn by Bagley from the cover of his well done Ultimate origin :)

Petey Parker
08-28-2005, 09:11 PM
But it's Venom drawn by Bagley from the cover of his well done Ultimate origin :)

Its still Venom

Hypester23
08-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Its still Venom

Why do hate Ultimate Venom?

Petey Parker
08-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Why do hate Ultimate Venom?

My hatred of the other Venom has spilled over to the Ultimate version. If I had to choose one Venom to keep around though it would be Ultimate Venom since I don't dislike him as much as the original.

Hypester23
08-28-2005, 09:19 PM
My hatred of the other Venom has spilled over to the Ultimate version. If I had to choose one Venom to keep around though it would be Ultimate Venom since I don't dislike him as much as the original.

Fair enough

Venom or no Venom, I still would have liked to get the special edition :(

thatguylobo
08-28-2005, 11:22 PM

I have it on good authority that Ultimate Venom ain't too fond of you either.

Ultimate Venom sez: That's right. Bleh!

Mike Haseloff
08-28-2005, 11:24 PM
My hatred of the other Venom has spilled over to the Ultimate version. If I had to choose one Venom to keep around though it would be Ultimate Venom since I don't dislike him as much as the original.You're crazy!

Regular Venom, if you ignore all the bullshit, is great!

Ultimate Venom looks like regular Venom, and maybe even sounds like regular Venom, but it's actually really boring Venom! B-Boy shoulda stuck with his anti-symbiote policy!

Carnage didn't seem to do him any favours, either.

Marcdachamp
08-29-2005, 12:01 AM
No special edition for Gamecube? LAAAAAAAAAAME, Bendis. Get on the horn!

noble
08-29-2005, 03:37 AM
I think you might have to pre-order the special edition to get one(I might be wrong)

I do know that it costs $60 instead of $50.

The Roman Candle
08-29-2005, 04:01 AM
Only for PS2? Booo. I have a PS2, but I don't like to use it if I can avoid it. I'm an Xbox whore.

mattbrand
08-29-2005, 05:43 AM
Normally I would pass on the special edition, especially because I want the Spidey cover. But a making of the video game video that would feature Bendis and Bagley actually appeals a lot to me. I'm torn.