PDA

View Full Version : Cutest moment with / regarding your pet

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 06:50 AM
make me go awwww

JABSEN
08-23-2005, 06:52 AM
I love when she lays Otter style.Her paws up on her chest.

Or when she's annoyed and covers her face

Shane W
08-23-2005, 06:52 AM
make me go awwww

My little buddy jumps up on the bed and spoons with me ever morning while I sleep.

Keith P.
08-23-2005, 06:53 AM
Years ago, when I had three girl roomates, one of them bought a puppy.

Another one of the girls was on her period and threw one of her bloody tampons in her bathroom trash can.

We left.

When we came back home the entire living room looked like some kind of red soaked cotton bomb had gone off.

Smokinblues
08-23-2005, 06:53 AM
My little buddy jumps up on the bed and spoons with me ever morning while I sleep.

she wants pet stories not kingmob stories.

JABSEN
08-23-2005, 06:54 AM
she wants pet stories not kingmob stories.:lol:

Shane W
08-23-2005, 06:54 AM
she wants pet stories not kingmob stories.

I always get those confused.

chrisfasowned
08-23-2005, 06:55 AM

Another one of the girls was on her period and threw one of her bloody tampons in her bathroom trash can.

We left.

When we came back home the entire living room looked like some kind of red soaked cotton bomb had gone off.
"awwww" not "ewwww".

SteveZegers
08-23-2005, 06:55 AM
I think the cutest thing he does is tilt his head any time I say his name. Like I'll say "Krypto! Hey Krypto!" and he just gives this little head tilt. As if he's saying "Yeah, that's me!" Very cute. And he puts his paw on my leg when he wants food from the table.

Ray G.
08-23-2005, 06:56 AM
You haven't seen cute until you've seen Abyssinian Guinea Pig eating a strawberry cute.

DaGetHighKnight
When i get home I lay on the bed and Foxy jumps on my chest, lays down and licks me in the mouth..

Brian Defferding
I don't have any pets right now, but I can offer you these pics :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/deftoons/pic28323.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/deftoons/pic27152.jpg

justjeffery
We had a kitty named Alexis.. she was all black and mean as all get out as a kitten...

Once she grew up some, she was very loveable... she'd lay on Tonias tummy while she slept...

Tonia had surgery and was scared that she would have to keep swatting Alexis off of her if she tried to sleep where she normally did.. but when we got home, Tonia got in bed.. Alexis walked up to her... looked at her and then curled up next to her head.. and if ANYONE walked in the room, the cat would circle her on the bed and freak out until the person left the room... she was VERY protective of Tonia while she was recovering...

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:02 AM

We left.

that's so not awww inspiring. :-?

Keith P.
08-23-2005, 07:02 AM
"awwww" not "ewwww".

Not even the part where I picked him up afterwards, he licked my face and I screamed and almost passed out?

JamesV
08-23-2005, 07:03 AM
https://webspace.utexas.edu/vicarijc/evil%20rubber%20ducky%20and%20cat%20in%20a%20box/max%20in%20a%20shoebox.jpg

My cat rarely does anything cute or cat like and acts more like dog as he was really raised by one (we got him when he was only a few weeks old, having been born a stray, and my dog took care of him). So he growls like a dog, has the eating habits of a mix between a dog and Garfield (yes, he likes lasagna), etc. He even picked up my dog's habit (she was a beagle) of taking up the entire bed to sleep by stretching out.

Occasionally, though, he does cat like things (squeeze himself into a shoebox in this case) and it's worth taking a picture of!

JABSEN
Not even the part where I picked him up afterwards, he licked my face and I screamed and almost passed out?AAAAWWWW

Taki Soma
I love when she lays Otter style.Her paws up on her chest.

Or when she's annoyed and covers her face
that sounds cute... kitty or pup?

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:04 AM
I'm picturing a giant turtle for some reason

or kingmob

Smokinblues
Not even the part where I picked him up afterwards, he licked my face and I screamed and almost passed out?
:rofl:

JABSEN
that sounds cute... kitty or pup?Kitty.I'll see if I have a pic when I get home.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:05 AM
I think the cutest thing he does is tilt his head any time I say his name. Like I'll say "Krypto! Hey Krypto!" and he just gives this little head tilt. As if he's saying "Yeah, that's me!" Very cute. And he puts his paw on my leg when he wants food from the table.
i love it when my dad's dog does that too.

gwyllgi
08-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Harrison the ferret hopped backwards off my bed trying to fight a freshly washed sock yesterday.

My cat Jonathan has taken to guarding a paper bag like it's a fortress... you see these little white paws come batting out of it whenever Cherry or Gabriel the other cats walk by...

Shane W
08-23-2005, 07:06 AM
I'm picturing a giant turtle for some reason

or kingmob

No, it's either kingmob or a half Lab/something mix

Evan the Shaggy
08-23-2005, 07:08 AM
My cat wakes me up in the mornings by headbutting me in the face.

My old dog, hobbes, was missing his front tooth so he looked like a hillbilly whenever he opened his mouth. Whenever he'd get excited, he would huff and puff and his tail would be wagging so hard it would slam into his face.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:09 AM
You haven't seen cute until you've seen Abyssinian Guinea Pig eating a strawberry cute.
I demand pics!

Wagon
08-23-2005, 07:09 AM
my mom's cat Ginger likes to sit in shoeboxes and be pulled around the room... heh, he starts purring like mad, and makes a sad little meow if you stop...it's so cute...

gwyllgi
08-23-2005, 07:10 AM
My papillion loki likes to yodel at people who come into the house. He hops up and down wagging his 15 inch fluffy tail (he's only 7lbs, so his tail is as long as his body... or longer) and puts his ears down and goes awwOOOwwoooOoooorrrrooooo! and his little lips pull forward and he sticks his tongue out. fucking cute.

Taki Soma
When i get home I lay on the bed and Foxy jumps on my chest, lays down and licks me in the mouth..
IN the mouth?

Xander licks my lips when I make kissie noises

Pat Loika
Well, I don't have a pet, but I do have a moment....

Back when I lived with the roommates, there used to be a cat that hung around outside the apartment building. I would always catch this cat sleeping under my car, everyday. It got to a point where we would feed it by leaving food next to it.

The cat would wait for me to arrive after work, waiting for me to park so it could take its spot. It knew to wake up around 5 AM because the car would be needed at that time, too.

Eventually, I moved out, and the roommates took the cat in as their pet...

When I visited them a few weeks back, the first thing I saw when I got out of the car was the cat, running to my car, and taking up his old spot before he took a nap. He didn't want his comfy li'l box...he wanted to sleep under my car. And that made me go, 'awwwww....'

P.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
I don't have any pets right now, but I can offer you these pics :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/deftoons/pic28323.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/deftoons/pic27152.jpg
awwwwww

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:14 AM
We had a kitty named Alexis.. she was all black and mean as all get out as a kitten...

Once she grew up some, she was very loveable... she'd lay on Tonias tummy while she slept...

Tonia had surgery and was scared that she would have to keep swatting Alexis off of her if she tried to sleep where she normally did.. but when we got home, Tonia got in bed.. Alexis walked up to her... looked at her and then curled up next to her head.. and if ANYONE walked in the room, the cat would circle her on the bed and freak out until the person left the room... she was VERY protective of Tonia while she was recovering...
wow, that's awesome

Wagon
is that Xander in your sig, Taki? that's one cute kitty...

Taki Soma
oh that is precious

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:15 AM
https://webspace.utexas.edu/vicarijc/evil%20rubber%20ducky%20and%20cat%20in%20a%20box/max%20in%20a%20shoebox.jpg

My cat rarely does anything cute or cat like and acts more like dog as he was really raised by one (we got him when he was only a few weeks old, having been born a stray, and my dog took care of him). So he growls like a dog, has the eating habits of a mix between a dog and Garfield (yes, he likes lasagna), etc. He even picked up my dog's habit (she was a beagle) of taking up the entire bed to sleep by stretching out.

Occasionally, though, he does cat like things (squeeze himself into a shoebox in this case) and it's worth taking a picture of!
doggie-esque kitties are awesome. my old cat used to play fetch and would approach me on demand, and sit.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Harrison the ferret hopped backwards off my bed trying to fight a freshly washed sock yesterday.

My cat Jonathan has taken to guarding a paper bag like it's a fortress... you see these little white paws come batting out of it whenever Cherry or Gabriel the other cats walk by...
hahaha, sock fight

gwyllgi
08-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Jonathan sits on command, gives kisses on command, and eats dog food.

Garra
08-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Growing up my sister found a baby bunny that had bee apparently hit by a car and was injured. Ended up he had a busted leg and never ever would be able to hop again like he use to.

But he was a cute brownish/ grey bunny with white on his feets and under his chin, hence the name patch.

But he was awesome, he use to follow my sister and I when we would play in the yard and he let us hand feed him veggies from the garden, which he loved of course. He always would snuggle up and sleep with either my sister or I, I suppose on who had fed him last, but he would take turns going sleeping in my room or hers.

The thing I always will remember the most about Patches was how incredibly soft he was and how blue his eyes were. And how juicy he was of course, best rabbit I ever had.

gwyllgi
08-23-2005, 07:18 AM
hahaha, sock fight

Ferrets' worst enemy. Harrison and the new ferret, Howard, both think socks are out to get them. They hunch their backs, puff out, and hiss at them, and bounce back and forth. If you have NEVER seen a ferret play, it can't be described.

No animal i nthe world is as entertaining.

JamesV
08-23-2005, 07:19 AM
doggie-esque kitties are awesome. my old cat used to play fetch and would approach me on demand, and sit.

Cool!

My Aunt raises and breeds Maine Coon cats and she used to have one that would fetch (she also has a ton of cute cat pictures at www.furryacres.com (www.furryacres.com))

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:19 AM
My cat wakes me up in the mornings by headbutting me in the face.

My old dog, hobbes, was missing his front tooth so he looked like a hillbilly whenever he opened his mouth. Whenever he'd get excited, he would huff and puff and his tail would be wagging so hard it would slam into his face.
hillbilly doggie!

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:21 AM
my mom's cat Ginger likes to sit in shoeboxes and be pulled around the room... heh, he starts purring like mad, and makes a sad little meow if you stop...it's so cute...
oh my god, I wanna pull her cat around the room

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:22 AM
My papillion loki likes to yodel at people who come into the house. He hops up and down wagging his 15 inch fluffy tail (he's only 7lbs, so his tail is as long as his body... or longer) and puts his ears down and goes awwOOOwwoooOoooorrrrooooo! and his little lips pull forward and he sticks his tongue out. fucking cute.
hehehe I imagine a fluffy looking Gremlin-dog

Adam Beranek
08-23-2005, 07:23 AM
I had two dogs in college, Mäk and Gina. I guess I had been on a severe drinking binge...cuz I hadn't let them out in a while. I walked into the bathroom to pee...and they looked at me all pissed off like who says you get to pee first. So I look back and Gina looks up at me an starts to pee....then Mäk looks at the both of us and he starts to pee. What was I gonna do? I had to pee for like 3 minutes straight...and so did they!!! So that spawned the infamous triple piss! I miss those crazy mutts.

Brian Defferding
08-23-2005, 07:23 AM

I :heart: ferrets

JamesV
08-23-2005, 07:24 AM
I had two dogs in college, Mäk and Gina. I guess I had been on a severe drinking binge...cuz I hadn't let them out in a while. I walked into the bathroom to pee...and they looked at me all pissed off like who says you get to pee first. So I look back and Gina looks up at me an starts to pee....then Mäk looks at the both of us and he starts to pee. What was I gonna do? I had to pee for like 3 minutes straight...and so did they!!! So that spawned the infamous triple piss! I miss those crazy mutts.

It's good to do things together with your pets...

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Well, I don't have a pet, but I do have a moment....

Back when I lived with the roommates, there used to be a cat that hung around outside the apartment building. I would always catch this cat sleeping under my car, everyday. It got to a point where we would feed it by leaving food next to it.

The cat would wait for me to arrive after work, waiting for me to park so it could take its spot. It knew to wake up around 5 AM because the car would be needed at that time, too.

Eventually, I moved out, and the roommates took the cat in as their pet...

When I visited them a few weeks back, the first thing I saw when I got out of the car was the cat, running to my car, and taking up his old spot before he took a nap. He didn't want his comfy li'l box...he wanted to sleep under my car. And that made me go, 'awwwww....'

P.the car was his... you just borrowed it when you needed it. (at least that's what the cat thinks)

awww

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:26 AM
is that Xander in your sig, Taki? that's one cute kitty...
YES! that's my buddy Xander.

He's the apple of my eyes.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:27 AM
Jonathan sits on command, gives kisses on command, and eats dog food.
I hope he's a kitty, instead of a human neighbor! :lol:

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Growing up my sister found a baby bunny that had bee apparently hit by a car and was injured. Ended up he had a busted leg and never ever would be able to hop again like he use to.

But he was a cute brownish/ grey bunny with white on his feets and under his chin, hence the name patch.

But he was awesome, he use to follow my sister and I when we would play in the yard and he let us hand feed him veggies from the garden, which he loved of course. He always would snuggle up and sleep with either my sister or I, I suppose on who had fed him last, but he would take turns going sleeping in my room or hers.

The thing I always will remember the most about Patches was how incredibly soft he was and how blue his eyes were. And how juicy he was of course, best rabbit I ever had.
you had a free range bunny that sleeps with you? that's awesome. most people keep them caged up unless they want to 'play' with them.

and juicy? you're kidding I hope.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Ferrets' worst enemy. Harrison and the new ferret, Howard, both think socks are out to get them. They hunch their backs, puff out, and hiss at them, and bounce back and forth. If you have NEVER seen a ferret play, it can't be described.

No animal i nthe world is as entertaining.
I had one named Elvis once. He was SOOOoooo funny. I know exactly what you mean, they are such physical comedians. I think they know it too.

Pat Loika
08-23-2005, 07:32 AM
the car was his... you just borrowed it when you needed it. (at least that's what the cat thinks)

awww

Looking back on it, I wish I took him in. I'm scared of committing to a pet because I might end up neglecting it with all the stuff I'm doing...

I think I would've done things right if I had the opportunity. Plus, he's one of those huge, lazy cats...I love those. If I took him in, it would've given him unlimited access to HIS car. :p

P.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Cool!

My Aunt raises and breeds Maine Coon cats and she used to have one that would fetch (she also has a ton of cute cat pictures at www.furryacres.com (www.furryacres.com))
awww those cats are sooooo gentle.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:38 AM
oh man, you inspire many animals to pee on or near you

JamesV
08-23-2005, 07:40 AM
awww those cats are sooooo gentle.

Yup!

Although about a week ago, a few of them turned on the stove and almost burned the house down, but hey, I like to think they were trying to cook for the family!

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Looking back on it, I wish I took him in. I'm scared of committing to a pet because I might end up neglecting it with all the stuff I'm doing...

I think I would've done things right if I had the opportunity. Plus, he's one of those huge, lazy cats...I love those. If I took him in, it would've given him unlimited access to HIS car. :p

P.
ya cats are very very easy to take care of.

possibly easier than rodents.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 07:41 AM
Yup!

Although about a week ago, a few of them turned on the stove and almost burned the house down, but hey, I like to think they were trying to cook for the family!
they turned on the stove? damn...

JamesV
08-23-2005, 07:44 AM
they turned on the stove? damn...

Yup. It was one of those where the knobs are on the counter top and you just push down and turn them.

I tried convincing my aunt she should take them to either animal planet or food network (crossover!) for their own show, but she didn't buy it.

gwyllgi
08-23-2005, 07:52 AM
I had one named Elvis once. He was SOOOoooo funny. I know exactly what you mean, they are such physical comedians. I think they know it too.

I think they do. They're very loving, too, mine like to cuddle and get scratched behind the ears. They love my BF, because he teases them, tickles them, plays with them, etc for HOURS.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Yup. It was one of those where the knobs are on the counter top and you just push down and turn them.

I tried convincing my aunt she should take them to either animal planet or food network (crossover!) for their own show, but she didn't buy it.
cats should totally have a reality show

Smokinblues
08-23-2005, 08:03 AM
http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm (http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm)

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:04 AM
I think they do. They're very loving, too, mine like to cuddle and get scratched behind the ears. They love my BF, because he teases them, tickles them, plays with them, etc for HOURS.
they are freakin' cute!

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:06 AM
http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm (http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm)
:heart:

Pat Loika
08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
ya cats are very very easy to take care of.

possibly easier than rodents.

Rodents...they'll be the death of me.

P>

Dreg
08-23-2005, 08:14 AM
One time I was watching Stephen King's Rose Red with my black labrator retriever, Sammy. It gets to the part of the movie where a flash of lightening crashes and a ghost appears, and then my dog just jumps up on top of me as I'm sitting in an easy chair and buries her face in my shoulder. She did the same thing once before when my brother stepped on her tail. It's like I'm her comfort zone or something.

She's always been scared of lightning, though. Once, during a thunderstorm, I just walked into the basement to find her cowering on top of the pool table. There wasn't any chair next to it or anything. That's some pretty impressive air for such a chubby little dog.

Smokinblues
08-23-2005, 08:21 AM
http://www.peaceinpractice.iinet.net.au/images/catanddog.jpg (http://www.peaceinpractice.iinet.net.au/images/catanddog.jpg)

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Rodents...they'll be the death of me.

P>
Big Ben

gwyllgi
08-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Pat, you don't like rats?!?!

Pat Loika
08-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Pat, you don't like rats?!?!

I like 'em fine, but they're too fast for me.

P.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:32 AM
One time I was watching Stephen King's Rose Red with my black labrator retriever, Sammy. It gets to the part of the movie where a flash of lightening crashes and a ghost appears, and then my dog just jumps up on top of me as I'm sitting in an easy chair and buries her face in my shoulder. She did the same thing once before when my brother stepped on her tail. It's like I'm her comfort zone or something.

She's always been scared of lightning, though. Once, during a thunderstorm, I just walked into the basement to find her cowering on top of the pool table. There wasn't any chair next to it or anything. That's some pretty impressive air for such a chubby little dog.
awww... I remember this merrie melodies cartoon once about a dog who fell in love with a statue of a dog. He loved it, cared for it, and whenever he kissed it, a lightning would strike at it and shock the dog, but he'd keep kissing it because he loved her... until the war started... and the statue's metal was used to make a bomb.

the dog was sooooooo sad, he went to the factory, looked through all the bombs.. and he actually found his one true love, in a form of a bomb.

he was so happy he kissed it. The bomb went off and he was happy... because it meant she still 'loved' him.

I cried over that episode.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:33 AM
http://www.peaceinpractice.iinet.net.au/images/catanddog.jpg (http://www.peaceinpractice.iinet.net.au/images/catanddog.jpg)
too cute!

Dreg
08-23-2005, 08:36 AM
awww... I remember this merrie melodies cartoon once about a dog who fell in love with a statue of a dog. He loved it, cared for it, and whenever he kissed it, a lightning would strike at it and shock the dog, but he'd keep kissing it because he loved her... until the war started... and the statue's metal was used to make a bomb.

the dog was sooooooo sad, he went to the factory, looked through all the bombs.. and he actually found his one true love, in a form of a bomb.

he was so happy he kissed it. The bomb went off and he was happy... because it meant she still 'loved' him.

I cried over that episode.

Sometimes I forget how sophisticated those cartoons could be. I remember watching a Christmas special full of merrie melodies cartoons, and one of them had a family of woodland creatures celebrating Christmas after mankind had annihilated itself in a nuclear holocaust. They sat there reading the Bible and discussing how mankind pretty much missed the point.

BlueNote27
08-23-2005, 08:40 AM
I wake up every morning in an 'S' position on my bed, with my arm around my cat, and my knees bent for my dog.

gwyllgi
08-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Sometimes I forget how sophisticated those cartoons could be. I remember watching a Christmas special full of merrie melodies cartoons, and one of them had a family of woodland creatures celebrating Christmas after mankind had annihilated itself in a nuclear holocaust. They sat there reading the Bible and discussing how mankind pretty much missed the point.

Yeah. That one and the bomb and dog cartoon sorta made me sniffle. The dog and bomb one, esp.

Anyone know where we can dl these things?

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:44 AM
I think I remember that episode!

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:45 AM
I wake up every morning in an 'S' position on my bed, with my arm around my cat, and my knees bent for my dog.
heh heh

that's comical, because we all know what you are talking about

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Yeah. That one and the bomb and dog cartoon sorta made me sniffle. The dog and bomb one, esp.

Anyone know where we can dl these things?
oh gawd, I'd love to see that episode again

BlueNote27
08-23-2005, 08:51 AM
heh heh

that's comical, because we all know what you are talking about

I took a picture a few days ago, cuz my camera was right next to my bed.. I'll have to upload it.

Criden
08-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I don't know, Zoe's just adorable when I pick her up and she sticks her paw in my face.... :D

gwyllgi
08-23-2005, 08:53 AM
oh gawd, I'd love to see that episode again
and the bulldog that thought his kitty was made int oa cookie.

that made me sad also.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:56 AM
I took a picture a few days ago, cuz my camera was right next to my bed.. I'll have to upload it.
please do

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:57 AM
I don't know, Zoe's just adorable when I pick her up and she sticks her paw in my face.... :D
awww I love it when Xander always have to have a paw on me whenever he's near me

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 08:57 AM
and the bulldog that thought his kitty was made int oa cookie.

that made me sad also.
:cry: that one made me cry too

Good & Evil
08-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Cutest pet moment? In the sig.

Taki Soma
08-23-2005, 09:38 AM
Cutest pet moment? In the sig.
that is a pretty damn cute moment you captured there

HoneyDippinDan
08-23-2005, 12:50 PM
I used to have a ferret. One time a friend of mine brought over a dog she was watching. My ferret and the dog proceeded to take turns chasing each other around the couch. My ferret also loved to wrestle with my cats. (R.I.P. Noodle :cry: )

Currently, one of my cats loves to sit on the TV and he usually hangs halfway off it. He looks like a vulture waiting to strike. What's really funny is when he does this and the TV is on, sometimes he'll hang way over and watch TV with his head hanging upside down.

Also, this cat and his sister are prone to having "lick fights." You know, where they hold each other down so they can lick each other. What's really fun is when they are stalking each other. It's especailly funny when the female stalks her brother, as she is about half the size of her brother but she has no problem zipping up and tackling him.