PDA

View Full Version : What's your secret mutant power?

PhilipClark
08-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I'm convinced that each and every one of us has one.

For example: I am faster in line than ANYBODY.

What's your secret mutant power?

Dreg
08-19-2005, 10:33 AM
I can drain somebody's tolerance for bullshit just by staring at them.

SteveZegers
08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
My fingernails grow really, really fast. I need to trim them like every three days.

DaGetHighKnight
08-19-2005, 10:35 AM
I can make the ladies get naked quicker than anyone i know.

Race
08-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Remember in the Incredible Hulk (comic) when Banner was walking around in his mind, encountering all the different Hulks? And remember the orange, snake faced one that was chained up because it was too dangerous to be loose? OK, I've got that one inside - only he doesn't represent anger or fear - he represents perversity. :Oops:

Ray G.
08-19-2005, 10:37 AM
I have super-road rage.

jenifu
08-19-2005, 10:41 AM
I can make the ladies get naked quicker than anyone i know.

i can resist any efforts to make me naked with more fortitude than has ever been seen on the planet before. and trust me - it IS for the good of humanity.

Race
08-19-2005, 10:48 AM
i can resist any efforts to make me naked with more fortitude than has ever been seen on the planet before. and trust me - it IS for the good of humanity.

That you not get naked? Your avatar begs to differ . . .

Dreg
08-19-2005, 10:49 AM

Yeah, but if Kyle Reese came from the future to save you from the Terminators, humanity would be fucked.

Persevering Guy
08-19-2005, 10:50 AM
um, you said it was chained.

Boris the Blade
08-19-2005, 10:51 AM
My mutant power is the ability to make the elevator that reaches my floor, when I press the button, always be the one furthest from me.

jenifu
08-19-2005, 10:58 AM

:Oops:

aww...you're sweet.

(and now, we shall never meet in person - as it simply would be too cruel to shatter your cyber-illusions. :lol: )

jenifu
08-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but if Kyle Reese came from the future to save you from the Terminators, humanity would be fucked.

that...that is a legitimate and very big hole in my theory.

*considers*

Race
08-19-2005, 10:59 AM
um, you said it was chained.
Barely. (Still he whispers to me)

It's scary to think where/what I'd be if ever I loose my moral conviction.

SimiBoyz
08-19-2005, 11:02 AM
I discussed this with my friends ages ago and we all decided what our secret powers were.

We can't remember what mine was but my friends is the power to predict things that have already happened that he didn't know about before hand.

I know I've got a damn good gyroscope hand when I'm drunk. I've dropped asleep in the middle of a pub - just collapsed on the spot and didn't spill a drop. I amaze my friends and family with it all the time.

xyzzy
08-19-2005, 11:16 AM
I have the uncanny ability to determine the favorite Thundercat of any person I meet.

PhilipClark
08-19-2005, 11:22 AM
I have the uncanny ability to determine the favorite Thundercat of any person I meet.

*buzz*

I need to test this one.

Who's mine?

xyzzy
08-19-2005, 11:32 AM
*buzz*

I need to test this one.

Who's mine?

Well, I've never met you, so I can't say.

PhilipClark
08-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Well, I've never met you, so I can't say.

Shucks. I was hoping you'd take a crack at it.

Oh, well. Carry on.

Blandy vs Terrorism
08-19-2005, 11:35 AM
To oversleep on the most important days.

Generic Poster
08-19-2005, 11:41 AM
To kill a message board thread almost instantaneously, with just one post.

Generic Poster
08-19-2005, 11:56 AM
See?

Nick Hale
08-19-2005, 12:12 PM
To kill a message board thread almost instantaneously, with just one post.

Know how that feels.

Amos Moses
08-19-2005, 12:14 PM
I swear to god that when I turn on hot water, the minute I put my hand under it to test it, it goes from cold to hot. I'm a freak.

VKValentine
08-19-2005, 03:22 PM
I am known as Uncomfro, and I can make anyone uncomfortable.

WinterRose
08-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I am a precognitive. I know that I dream ahead in time. However when I do, I dream about something so ordinary and outlandish that I discount it. When I was in North Carolina in the early 90's, I dreamed of me an Machas' apartment in Seattle before we moved there. And while I was in Seattle, living with some roomies with NO intention of moving back to North Carolina, I dreamed instances that happened in NC after I got back here.

It's always something fairly innocuous. But not something I could have arranged beforehand. Usually, I'll remember the time I dreamed it when it happens. Way stronger than any sense of Deja Vu. Something like me reading a certain paragraph in a book while this person walk by me on the way to another room while a certain song or television program is playing in a specific place. The seattle dreams I had were too outlandish because I didn't recognize the place with no furniture in the dream, that eventually turned into our bedroom in seattle. The NC dreams I discounted because they were somewhat familiar, and sometimes not, seeing as they were my mom's house, and later my apartment in Charlotte. But I had no intention of moving back to North Carolina at the time EVER.

My perception is so tunnelled in my precognitive dreams, I fail to grasp their true significance until they happen. I'm focussed on the minutiae of what's happening in the dream, not the larger context in which it happens. IE: "I'm in a bedroom I don't recognize with Machas, taping a string quartet cover of 'The Model' by Kraftwerk from the radio and looking at a gaming magazine article about Jedi Knight II while Machas does some cross stitch. There's no bed or furniture, just a mat and some sleeping bags on the floor. It looks as though we're living pretty rough." Dreaming that in North Carolina, I failed to recognize that the room was in Renton Washington and that me and Machas had moved to the other side of the country, with all the life changing ramifications that entailed.

So that's my power. I'm a precog with a range of about 5 to 10 years ahead. Just not a very focused or attentive one.

moonspider
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
YOU GOT THE TOUCH...YOU GOT THE POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Jim.
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Being able to wear glittery glasses and look good.

Race
08-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I am a precognitive. I know that I dream ahead in time. However when I do, I dream about something so ordinary and outlandish that I discount it. When I was in North Carolina in the early 90's, I dreamed of me an Machas' apartment in Seattle before we moved there. And while I was in Seattle, living with some roomies with NO intention of moving back to North Carolina, I dreamed instances that happened in NC after I got back here.

It's always something fairly innocuous. But not something I could have arranged beforehand. Usually, I'll remember the time I dreamed it when it happens. Way stronger than any sense of Deja Vu. Something like me reading a certain paragraph in a book while this person walk by me on the way to another room while a certain song or television program is playing in a specific place. The seattle dreams I had were too outlandish because I didn't recognize the place with no furniture in the dream, that eventually turned into our bedroom in seattle. The NC dreams I discounted because they were somewhat familiar, and sometimes not, seeing as they were my mom's house, and later my apartment in Charlotte. But I had no intention of moving back to North Carolina at the time EVER.

My perception is so tunnelled in my precognitive dreams, I fail to grasp their true significance until they happen. I'm focussed on the minutiae of what's happening in the dream, not the larger context in which it happens. IE: "I'm in a bedroom I don't recognize with Machas, taping a string quartet cover of 'The Model' by Kraftwerk from the radio and looking at a gaming magazine article about Jedi Knight II while Machas does some cross stitch. There's no bed or furniture, just a mat and some sleeping bags on the floor. It looks as though we're living pretty rough." Dreaming that in North Carolina, I failed to recognize that the room was in Renton Washington and that me and Machas had moved to the other side of the country, with all the life changing ramifications that entailed.

So that's my power. I'm a precog with a range of about 5 to 10 years ahead. Just not a very focused or attentive one.

In all seriousness, I've had that happen to me several times. Don't you love the looks you get when you turn to someone and say "I knew you were going to say/do that - I dreamed it a couple of months/years ago . . . "?

BronxRonin
08-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I know my wife's mutant power... she can detect the slowest drivers in NYC and get behind them 8-)

Kenneth I. Wolfe
08-19-2005, 04:58 PM
I can make people feel superior to me when they actually aren't.

The Roman Candle
08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I can get along perfectly with anyone's mom, unless she's a hot mom.

Gavin
08-21-2005, 01:23 AM
I have the ability to get off the phone quickly when it's someone I really don't want to talk to.