PDA

View Full Version : 100 Bullets: The Hard Way....best one yet?

Blandy vs Terrorism
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
I just finished reading this, and it kicked my ass and raped my dog. I got just a little bit teary eyed at the last scene with Gabe/Martin. Risso definitely knows how to use facial expressions,

even if half of his face wasn't there.

Any other thoughts?

The Human Target
08-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Which one is that?

X arseface X
08-10-2005, 09:15 PM
I definitely think this was the best arc of the series so far. It didn't really hit me with the single issues, but reading it in trade was amazing.

icemanx62
08-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I haven't read it yet. It's volume 8 that came out recently.

Petey Parker
08-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Haven't read it yet. I've only read the first six trades that they had at the library. Amazing series though.

Blandy vs Terrorism
08-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Which one is that?

The newest one that came out a couple of weeks ago.

Humphrey_Lee
08-10-2005, 09:21 PM
I still think the Counterfifth Detective is the best/my favorite art, though issue #58 (the last one of that trade) had one of the biggest "Oh fucking shit!" moments in a comic I've ever seen...

The Human Target
08-10-2005, 09:23 PM
The newest one that came out a couple of weeks ago.

I meant which story. What happens? I read this in single issues and I don't remember what most of the story arcs are called.

Blandy vs Terrorism
08-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Issues 50-58, where Wylie is "woken up" in New Orleans.

Humphrey_Lee
08-10-2005, 09:25 PM
I meant which story. What happens? I read this in single issues and I don't remember what most of the story arcs are called.

Wylie Runs the Voodoo Down, with him and Dizzy in New Orleans, plus the single issue focusing on Shepherd that came after it...

God, I still get shivers at the thought of rednecks with bear traps *shudder*

madmartigan
08-10-2005, 09:26 PM
best one yet, damn good stuff.

Humphrey_Lee
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
best one yet, damn good stuff.

I think I'm just biased cause Milo might have easily been my favorite character if not for, well, you know.... :-?

The Human Target
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Wylie Runs the Voodoo Down, with him and Dizzy in New Orleans, plus the single issue focusing on Shepherd that came after it...

God, I still get shivers at the thought of rednecks with bear traps *shudder*

Oh okay, I was like "But I thought Gabe was the guy in Wiley Runs the Voodo Down?"

Damn funny trade names.

Yeah that was a great fucking arc. I do think it was an issue too long though, but the end made up for it. And the issue with Shepard is just stunning.

The Human Target
08-10-2005, 09:31 PM
I think I'm just biased cause Milo might have easily been my favorite character if not for, well, you know.... :-?

Yeah, thats my favourite arc so far. And Milo was my favourite character.

I fucking hate Lono, and hate my friends for liking him the best. :sad:

Humphrey_Lee
08-10-2005, 09:37 PM

I have a feeling once Jack is finally up and running he's gonna tear Lono a new one...

Blandy vs Terrorism
08-10-2005, 09:39 PM

Yeah, I think Lono is the weakest character. Seems like their version of Wolverine/Lobo, at least in usefulness and development.

madmartigan
08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
It's all about the Cole Burns.

Humphrey_Lee
08-10-2005, 09:40 PM
It's all about the Cole Burns.

Yea, he becomes my fave without Milo in the picture

The Human Target
08-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I think Lono is the weakest character. Seems like their version of Wolverine/Lobo, at least in usefulness and development.

Yeah, he really was just the bad guy at the start. But ever since he and Loop started hanging out I think he has become a little more complex. I just hate the fuck cause he is such a prick and killed my boy.

I have a feeling once Jack is finally up and running he's gonna tear Lono a new one...

I fucking hope someone does before the end.

The Human Target
08-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Yea, he becomes my fave without Milo in the picture

Me three.