PDA

View Full Version : Waldens Stores Become Borders Express

JayPee
03-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Waldens Stores Become Borders Express
In Some Markets
March 28, 2005

The Wall Street Journal has reported that Borders Group is converting some Waldenbooks stores to Borders Express stores. According to the article, 37 stores were converted last year, including locations in Ann Arbor, Portland, Philadelphia, and Hawaii. While most conversions were done in markets where the company was remodeling its Borders stores, a few were done in markets the company deemed "strategically important," such as Detroit and Cleveland.

The new store colors match the new Borders colors, and the mix includes music and video products as well as books.

Prices have been brought in line between the two chains; stores in both now price all bestsellers at 30% off.

http://icv2.com/articles/home/6638.html

McAfee
03-28-2005, 12:51 PM
I wonder if that's what is to become of the one in our mall. It's closing down, but I don't know why.

Natty P, Scientific Adventurer
03-28-2005, 12:54 PM
http://uploads.savefile.com/redir/49762.jpg

sapphirag
03-28-2005, 12:59 PM
http://uploads.savefile.com/redir/49762.jpg

Thanks for your intelligent imput.

The typical Bendis Board immature response. That is why jojo and I never post here anymore.

uberleslie
03-28-2005, 01:01 PM
what an asshole response. just because you don't care about this, doesn't mean someone else won't. bet you aren't a jerk like this when bendis posts useless information about lindsay lohan.

03-28-2005, 01:04 PM
It's a good thing that people aren't over-sensitive weenies. Oh, wait...

uberleslie
03-28-2005, 01:11 PM
over-sensitive my ass. you're just plain fucking disrespectful. if you don't care about a post or topic, here's an idea: how about you just don't fucking hit reply? move along and de-rail some other thread with your nonsense. are you so damned important that everyone on the board must post things of interest to you? no. i think not. and i agree with sapph, people like you make this place miserable.

anthony the ghost
03-28-2005, 01:13 PM

The typical Bendis Board immature response. That is why jojo and I never post here anymore.

oh yea and over generalizations are REALLY intelligent. :rolleyes:

03-28-2005, 01:13 PM
over-sensitive my ass. you're just plain fucking disrespectful. if you don't care about a post or topic, here's an idea: how about you just don't fucking hit reply? move along and de-rail some other thread with your nonsense. are you so damned important that everyone on the board must post things of interest to you? no. i think not. and i agree with sapph, people like you make this place miserable.

Call the wahmbulance.

Sorry you had a rotten day and it was compounded by the image I posted.

DaGetHighKnight
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Somebody needs a WAHHHburger and some French CRIES!!!

xyzzy
03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Call the wahmbulance.

Sorry you had a rotten day and it was compounded by the image I posted.

I guess my questions would be: What is the point of the picture? Do you think it's funny, or did you just want to be an asshole?

I mean, I admit that I was thinking pretty much the same thing, but I didn't feel the need to make the op feel bad about it.

Adrian B AWESOME
03-28-2005, 01:23 PM

Jojomanzo? He was just as immature as the rest of us, so don't start that.

I loved the guy, but I call bullshit on this.

Adrian B AWESOME
03-28-2005, 01:24 PM
people like you make this place miserable.

This made me laugh out loud.

Opus Croakus
03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
So. No more Waldenbooks then. Fine by me.
I used to have a membership thingy with them, but they never mailed me my $5 off coupons like they were supposed to.
Good riddance! :dead:

DaGetHighKnight
03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Jojomanzo? He was just as immature as the rest of us, so don't start that.

I loved the guy, but I call bullshit on this.

Word. JoJo was cool. And the fact that this girl drops his name as a couple together that dont post anymore cause the Bendis board is to inmature makes me think this is the gayest response ever..

03-28-2005, 01:26 PM
I guess my questions would be: What is the point of the picture? Do you think it's funny, or did you just want to be an asshole?

I mean, I admit that I was thinking pretty much the same thing, but I didn't feel the need to make the op feel bad about it.

I suppose it was for humor. Generally shit like that comes my way and I chuckle and when I throw shit like that outwards people chuckle, I hadn't read the manual with these people, hence the seeming faux pas.

Whatever.

xyzzy
Word. JoJo was cool. And the fact that this guys drops his name as a couple together that dont post anymore cause the Bendis board is to inmature makes me think this is the gayest response ever..

Aren't they married? I'd say that's pretty straight.

Balthazar
The waldens by me were always shitty compared to Borders. Hopefully that will change.

DaGetHighKnight
03-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Aren't they married? I'd say that's pretty straight.

Gay as in LAME not sexuality..

Ben
03-28-2005, 01:27 PM
No more Waldenbooks? What's next - no more Brentano's!!??! Where will it end?!!?

xyzzy
03-28-2005, 01:29 PM
I suppose it was for humor. Generally shit like that comes my way and I chuckle and when I throw shit like that outwards people chuckle, I hadn't read the manual with these people, hence the seeming faux pas.

Whatever.

Sure, I get that. It's just that, if you were trying to be funny and someone was upset by, it, why not just apologize instead of saying "fuck you!"?

03-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Sure, I get that. It's just that, if you were trying to be funny and someone was upset by, it, why not just apologize instead of saying "fuck you!"?

Because I resent the implication that it was out of malice in the first place. Plus, I'm evil. My middle name is misery.

uberleslie
03-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Word. JoJo was cool. And the fact that this girl drops his name as a couple together that dont post anymore cause the Bendis board is to inmature makes me think this is the gayest response ever..

you're both morons. sapph's his fiance. i think she just may know a thing or two about him.

03-28-2005, 01:36 PM
you're both morons. sapph's his fiance. i think she just may know a thing or two about him.

Morons, Assholes. What are you? Christ, get over yourself and the fucking whoop de doo picture which I ought to post again. Go get a breath fresh air and eat some donuts. They're tasty.

Keith P.
03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
The nearest Waldenbooks to my house is managed by this guy I used to date and he's bitter, so I have to drive way out of my way to the nearest books store.

Maybe this will solve that.

Jason_Klase
03-28-2005, 01:39 PM
This thread sure took a turn for the angry...
-K

sapphirag
Morons, Assholes. What are you? Christ, get over yourself and the fucking whoop de doo picture which I ought to post again. Go get a breath fresh air and eat some donuts. They're tasty.

Ok- you got me there. Donuts are tasty!

uberleslie

my point, which has obviously been missed, is that you (and those like you) who think every post or topic on this board should be of significance to them, are the ones who need to get over themselves. it's not funny or clever to lame post stock photos with mildly witty sayings.

Opus Croakus
03-28-2005, 01:42 PM
This thread sure took a turn for the angry...
-K
Did it go something like this: :hulk: ?

:D

Mr. E!
03-28-2005, 01:43 PM
No more Waldenbooks? What's next - no more Brentano's!!??! Where will it end?!!?
With a Barnes and Noble on every corner, right next to Starbucks

Jason_Klase
03-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Did it go something like this: :hulk: ?

:D

No... no it didn't go anything like that at all.
-K

03-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Your making an awfully ambitious inference when you say that I feel that every post here should be significant to me. It was a fucking joke. You have made a large mountain out of a molehill.

Again, get the fuck over yourself. I'm sure the poster, Jaypee, who's your boyfriend if I'm not mistaken, knew it was a joke. A joke. Hahaha, you don't have to laugh.

Adrian B AWESOME
03-28-2005, 01:45 PM
my point, which has obviously been missed, is that you (and those like you) who think every post or topic on this board should be of significance to them, are the ones who need to get over themselves. it's not funny or clever to lame post stock photos with mildly witty sayings.

http://makingbreadmagazine.com/images/btttr.jpg

DaGetHighKnight
03-28-2005, 01:47 PM

Moron? Discuss dont insult... DENNY!!!!!!!

DaGetHighKnight
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Your making an awfully ambitious inference when you say that I feel that every post here should be significant to me. It was a fucking joke. You have made a large mountain out of a molehill.

Again, get the fuck over yourself. I'm sure the poster, Jaypee, who's your boyfriend if I'm not mistaken, knew it was a joke. A joke. Hahaha, you don't have to laugh.

Now thats Funny!

Balthazar
03-28-2005, 01:51 PM
http://www.digitaldesperado.com/dialogue/public/images_upload/funny/quit_bitchin[1].gif

see, not that big of a deal really.

Ben
03-28-2005, 01:57 PM
see, not that big of a deal really.
http://www.dluxz.dk/owned.jpg

Jonny Z
03-28-2005, 02:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/lilvenom/forum%20pics/waah.jpg

Bill?
03-28-2005, 03:37 PM
whats makes them so fucking express anyways?