PDA

View Full Version : So.. Reservoir Dogs

Amos Moses
07-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I bought it for my birthday, watched it a few hours ago, and I have one question.

What the fuck?

Really, what the fuck? I normally enjoy Quentin's work, but this was just completely confusing. Would it have killed the movie if it was shot chronologically? I basically was saying "What the hell is going on" until the last 10 minutes.

I did enjoy seeing Michael Madsen and Steve Buscemi again , and this introduced me to the coolness of Harvey Keitel. Still, very confusing. I'm disapointed Quentin.

anthony the ghost
07-19-2005, 10:26 PM
watch it again knowing what you know about the scarlet witch.

Flonk
07-19-2005, 10:26 PM
You're insane. It's his best movie. And I was saying that before it was cool.

icemanx62
07-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Great film. Watch it again.

The Robot Lord of Tokyo
I actually rank this his second best movie behine Pulp Fiction. So it was out of order......that added to the style Quenten would become known for. And this was a great collection of charactor actors.......great film in my opinion.....

THWIP!
I don't see what's so confusing about it.

anthony the ghost
07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
I don't see what's so confusing about it.

thwip, your sig makes you my girlfriend. best movie of all time.

Amos Moses
07-19-2005, 10:29 PM
I found it confusing, maybe if I watch it again it'll seem better. But the cast was A+. What was with all the racist jokes though?

THWIP!
07-19-2005, 10:29 PM
thwip, your sig makes you my girlfriend. best movie of all time.
Thanks. Lets make out online.

THWIP!
07-19-2005, 10:30 PM
I found it confusing, maybe if I watch it again it'll seem better. But the cast was A+. What was with all the racist jokes though?You get a group of guys all in the same race it happens.

anthony the ghost
07-19-2005, 10:32 PM
I found it confusing, maybe if I watch it again it'll seem better. But the cast was A+. What was with all the racist jokes though?

i would imagine that type of criminal acctually talks like that, so, you know, its for realism.

Amos Moses
07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Oh, one more question. Who shot Joe's kid? Mr. White has his gun pointed at Joe, how the hell could he get two shots off?

THWIP!
07-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh, one more question. Who shot Joe's kid? Mr. White has his gun pointed at Joe, how the hell could he get two shots off?I'm pretty sure White got the 2 shots in.

rembret
07-19-2005, 10:36 PM
I bought it for my birthday, watched it a few hours ago, and I have one question.

What the fuck?

Really, what the fuck? I normally enjoy Quentin's work, but this was just completely confusing. Would it have killed the movie if it was shot chronologically? I basically was saying "What the hell is going on" until the last 10 minutes.

I did enjoy seeing Michael Madsen and Steve Buscemi again , and this introduced me to the coolness of Harvey Keitel. Still, very confusing. I'm disapointed Quentin.
I didn't think it was anymore confusing than his other movies THAT ARE SHOT THE SAME WAY!Sorry,you should have know it was going to be that way if you saw the others.Watch it again,you'll catch on easily enough. :)

anthony the ghost
07-19-2005, 10:40 PM
yea reservoir dogs is his best movie in my opinion. i cannot get enough.

The Robot Lord of Tokyo
07-19-2005, 10:42 PM
The thing that Quentin proved in Resevoir Dogs was how music is the thing that punctuates scenes in movies......

Amos Moses
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
The thing that Quentin proved in Resevoir Dogs was how music is the thing that punctuates scenes in movies......

That is so true.

Humbert Humbert
07-20-2005, 12:19 AM
You're supposed to be confused until the last ten minutes or so. That's one of my favourite things about Dogs. You have no idea what's going on and are playing catch up until the end where you know more then the characters do and can see the mistake that White is making. You'll enjoy it more the second time I'm sure.

Kenneth I. Wolfe
07-20-2005, 01:05 AM
You don't have to watch it a second time. If it didn't work for you the first time, doesn't it mean that maybe it's not your taste. Don't push yourself to like anything, it's the movie's responsibility.

dougmac
07-20-2005, 03:52 AM
This is my second favorite Q movie, I like Jackie Brown best.

mitchymitchymitchy
07-20-2005, 04:15 AM
how can you have gone 14 years without seeing this movie?
If you didn't get it, sorry, but it's almost perfect.

Pulp Fiction is perfect.

nihilance
07-20-2005, 04:37 AM
You're insane. It's his best movie. And I was saying that before it was cool.
Agreed...this is easily his best movie. Pulp Fiction was better upon first seeing it...but Reservoir Dogs stands up to repeat viewings and the test of time a lot better.

I've always wanted to do a stage production of RD. You could basically do the whole thing with one room and a car.

Boris the Blade
07-20-2005, 05:29 AM
Found it pretty straightforward on the first go, but can understand why it would be confusing. Gets even better on multiple veiwings. A lot of nuances that you may not have gotten before knowing all the character dynamics and such.

T-Dro
07-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Love this movie. Best QT movie, IMO. So visceral.