PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at work...

adamgreenberger
07-16-2005, 05:58 AM
on a damn Saturday...fuck this sucks.

Travis M. Bierwagen
07-16-2005, 06:09 AM
Yup.

But that's pretty much every Saturday for me... 12 hour (6am-6pm) shifts too! :(

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 06:25 AM
on a damn Saturday...fuck this sucks.
So what do you do? I've seen you at the toyshow making rounds before.

adamgreenberger
07-16-2005, 06:32 AM
So what do you do? I've seen you at the toyshow making rounds before.

Event Manager at the Coliseum.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 06:37 AM
Event Manager at the Coliseum.
So if I ever want to put on a comic convention, you're the guy? Actually, I'd start smaller and work my way up to coliseum. Before I retire from comics, I want to do a con. Acme used to do a big one until a few years before I started shopping there. Kirby and Eisner were the biggest names who attended in the past. Dave Simm. Not to mention many others.

adamgreenberger
07-16-2005, 06:40 AM
So if I ever want to put on a comic convention, you're the guy? Actually, I'd start smaller and work my way up to coliseum. Before I retire from comics, I want to do a con. Acme used to do a big one until a few years before I started shopping there. Kirby and Eisner were the biggest names who attended in the past. Dave Simm. Not to mention many others.

We have some other places other than where the toy show is at...plus the meeting rooms...I am going to be out of town this week, but I will talk to you about it on the 27th.

I actually thinking about how cool it would be for someone to do a con here.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 06:58 AM
We have some other places other than where the toy show is at...plus the meeting rooms...I am going to be out of town this week, but I will talk to you about it on the 27th.

I actually thinking about how cool it would be for someone to do a con here.
It'd take a year or more for me to prep it properly. Dealers and maybe a couple guests, not a blowout at first. Reasonable entry fee, etc. Make the name Acmecon mean something again.

adamgreenberger
07-16-2005, 07:37 AM
It'd take a year or more for me to prep it properly. Dealers and maybe a couple guests, not a blowout at first. Reasonable entry fee, etc. Make the name Acmecon mean something again.

Like I said we can talk on the 27th...even if it takes a year or so to do, I can give you some ideas to reduce your costs that you have to pay.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Like I said we can talk on the 27th...even if it takes a year or so to do, I can give you some ideas to reduce your costs that you have to pay.
Thanks! We might be on to something here.

adamgreenberger
07-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Thanks! We might be on to something here.

I agree...and if your pick the right time of year...maybe after con "season" so to speak it could be a huge success...and might be able to get some guests that want to make some announcements and apperances at that time.

Petey Parker
07-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Yup.

But that's pretty much every Saturday for me... 12 hour (6am-6pm) shifts too! :(

Look on the bright side, at least you're done at 6 so you have your Saturday night free. I on the other hand have to work from 4 to 1 so not only do I not get to do anything tonight, my entire Saturday is wasted since its not like there is anything to do during the day.