PDA

View Full Version : After 5 issues why is DD still in a basement?

ds9
07-16-2005, 05:07 AM
What the fuck is going on with this book? :mad:

Kefky
07-16-2005, 05:09 AM
Wow... You ASK people to make fun of you, don't you? Are you a masochist, or something?

ds9
07-16-2005, 05:11 AM
Ok so why is he still in the basement?

JABSEN
07-16-2005, 05:11 AM
I remember someone asking you if you could follow non-linear story lines.Guess Not.

He's done a ton of stuff as DD only it was flashbacks

ds9
07-16-2005, 05:14 AM
I remember someone asking you if you could follow non-linear story lines.Guess Not.

He's done a ton of stuff as DD only it was flashbacksWhat do you mean by ton of stuff? A panel or 2 of DD punching a bad guy?

JABSEN
07-16-2005, 05:15 AM
What do you mean by ton of stuff? A panel or 2 of DD punching a bad guy?What do you mean by he always in the basement.One panel?

Persevering Guy
07-16-2005, 05:19 AM
he was attending a meeting. the meeting was held in a basement. got it?

ds9
07-16-2005, 05:19 AM
What do you mean by he always in the basement.One panel?The same group of people talking in the basement in part one of the arc are still in the basement in the upcoming part five.

JABSEN
07-16-2005, 05:21 AM
The same group of people talking in the basement in part one of the arc are still in the basement in the upcoming part five.I'm not gonna get stuck in a Lord Retail spat with you.So how about this if you hate it so much

DROP IT...

There isn't a law saying you must buy it.

Pat Loika
07-16-2005, 05:23 AM
After 5 issues why are you STILL picking the book up if you're so unhappy?

P.

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:24 AM
It's weird, you are the second person to tell me they aren't enjoying this arc, but I'm completely digging it. I like reading these people's stories. Seeing how he's affected the people of Hell's Kitchen and the big revelation at the end was great. Obviously this type of story may not be everyone's cup of tea, but Bendis & Maleev have created a book that clicks with me on so many levels.

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:25 AM

P.

Because he likes Daredevil.

Because he thought something would happen.

Why not answer why you like the storyline?

Come on Pat, I know you can formulate why you like the goodness that is Bendis & Maleev. :thumb:

JABSEN
07-16-2005, 05:25 AM
It's weird, you are the second person to tell me they aren't enjoying this arc, but I'm completely digging it. I like reading these people's stories. Seeing how he's affected the people of Hell's Kitchen and the big revelation at the end was great. Obviously this type of story may not be everyone's cup of tea, but Bendis & Maleev have created a book that clicks with me on so many levels.I can agree with this.I can see how some people might not dig it.

Denny,Does the other person keep repeating it ad naseum?Or did he stop reading?

ds9
07-16-2005, 05:26 AM

P.I love DD and there is really no other book to read with him as the star like there is a spiderman book.

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:26 AM
I'm not gonna get stuck in a Lord Retail spat with you.So how about this if you hate it so much

DROP IT...

Ssssshhhh...let him keep buying it silly.

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:27 AM
I can agree with this.I can see how some people might not dig it.

Denny,Does the other person keep repeating it ad naseum?Or did he stop reading?

I think so, he's talked about dropping it, but why drop Bendis' run 5-6 issues away from the end?

It's fun to talk.

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:28 AM
Oh and that 5 issues is only one night.

joeAR
07-16-2005, 05:31 AM
What the fuck is going on with this book? :mad:

Cause it's still the same night.

JABSEN
07-16-2005, 05:34 AM
I think so, he's talked about dropping it, but why drop Bendis' run 5-6 issues away from the end?

It's fun to talk.Dammit,Stop being so level-headed.This is a comic book message board.I want to spew venom

Mike Haseloff
07-16-2005, 05:40 AM
What the fuck is going on with this book? :mad:Have you actually read it?

I'm not a Bendis fan per se, hate the slow stuff in USM, but this has actually been fantastic! I think I've only read the first three issues, but even without the complete picture, it's been a great read!

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Dammit,Stop being so level-headed.This is a comic book message board.I want to spew venom

Oh...my bad.

Shwicaz
07-16-2005, 05:42 AM
DS9--

If the Bendis/Maleev DD isn't floating your boat, there are other DD books out there.

Right now we have Daredevil: Redemption (written by David Hine and illustrated by Mike Gaydos)

We have the Daredevil/Punisher mini written and drawn by Dave Lapham.

And we are soon to have Daredevil: Father issue 2.

There is other DD books out there.

As for your question: "why are they still in the basement?"

answer: because the whole story arc takes place during a meeting. Hence, everyone is still in the basement.

Kefky
07-16-2005, 05:42 AM
I don't get why you're respecting him, when he almost never respects you guys...

Pat Loika
07-16-2005, 05:43 AM
I love DD and there is really no other book to read with him as the star like there is a spiderman book.

Your money. You can always stop and come back later when it's a story you'd like. You're not going to die if you miss out on DD, because there's a LOT of other good books out there. It's unfortunate you can't appreciate these types of stories.

P.

Persevering Guy
07-16-2005, 05:43 AM

P.
isn't it like 5am there? Wow, I've already woken up. Did you sleep?

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 05:44 AM
I'm not gonna get stuck in a Lord Retail spat with you.So how about this if you hate it so much

DROP IT...

Oh wow, you called me out. I really do spend a whole lotta time trying to fix this guy, don't I? Can't help it. You see how he rolls.

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:44 AM
I don't get why you're respecting him, when he almost never respects you guys...

That's not how we work. Also, he's a good guy. He's only dogged books, not the people who read it, and he's taken a lot of abuse by them and hasn't retaliated.

And what do we gain by being jerks? No reason to sink to another's level, but as I said ds9 is cool.

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:45 AM
DS9--

If the Bendis/Maleev DD isn't floating your boat, there are other DD books out there.

Right now we have Daredevil: Redemption (written by David Hine and illustrated by Mike Gaydos)

answer: because the whole story arc takes place during a meeting. Hence, everyone is still in the basement.

When does DD: Father #3 come out? :twisted:

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 05:46 AM
Have you actually read it?

I'm not a Bendis fan per se, hate the slow stuff in USM, but this has actually been fantastic! I think I've only read the first three issues, but even without the complete picture, it's been a great read!
There is honestly not as much reading and absorbing going on in the world as you'd think. Even here.

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:47 AM
There is honestly not as much reading and absorbing going on in the world as you'd think. Even here.

What'd you say?

JABSEN
Oh wow, you called me out. I really do spend a whole lotta time trying to fix this guy, don't I? Can't help it. You see how he rolls.HAh

I didn't mean it to come off as calling you out.

Sorry

Shwicaz
When does DD: Father #3 come out? :twisted:

I surrender. :surrend:

but, seriously, I was just wondering if DS9 had checked out the other books with DD in them.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 05:48 AM
That's not how we work. Also, he's a good guy. He's only dogged books, not the people who read it, and he's taken a lot of abuse by them and hasn't retaliated.

And what do we gain by being jerks? No reason to sink to another's level, but as I said ds9 is cool.
I'm beginning to wonder if ds9 is a plant of some sort. You know, doing what he does on purpose. Hmm...there is more to him that we'll know I think.

Pat Loika
isn't it like 5am there? Wow, I've already woken up. Did you sleep?

6:46. As for sleep...a little under 3 hours.

P.

Mike Haseloff
Y'know what I appreciate most about this arc, as a total tights lover?
It's still got Daredevil in it, and it's still got action in it!

This arc is great for a lot of the reasons!
It's vaguely like Lost - WITH DD!

dEnny!
07-16-2005, 05:49 AM
Y'know what I appreciate most about this arc, as a total tights lover?
It's still got Daredevil in it, and it's still got action in it!

This arc is great for a lot of the reasons!
It's vaguely like Lost - WITH DD!

Can you verbalize those reasons? Write them down.

Being vague isn't going to explain to people who don't like the story why you do.

Mike Haseloff
07-16-2005, 05:51 AM

Being vague isn't going to explain to people who don't like the story why you do.... maybe you misunderstood.

I said, it's good, it has Daredevil in it... :mad:

Travis M. Bierwagen
07-16-2005, 05:51 AM
After the end of the last issue I think it's all been worth it! :D

Movie Guy
07-16-2005, 05:52 AM
Dont you like the story.I think its great Its what the people think of DareDevil and there story's about him

Rado
07-16-2005, 05:56 AM

Being vague isn't going to explain to people who don't like the story why you do.

And vice versa, so I'd say both camps are even.

ds9
07-16-2005, 05:57 AM
DS9--

answer: because the whole story arc takes place during a meeting. Hence, everyone is still in the basement.First of all Daredevil:Redemption reads just like Bendis's version of DD.
Daredevil/punisher is really a punisher story but guest stars DD
Daredevil:farther: we know this shit is not coming out.
So what other DD books do you mean?

Pat Loika
07-16-2005, 05:59 AM

Low blow. They're all done. I can't wait for it all to come out so you can eat your words.

P.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 05:59 AM
First of all Daredevil:Redemption reads just like Bendis's version of DD.
What kind of DD do you like? The Stan Lee swashbuckler? If that's the case, then that guy will likely never return to comics.

ds9
07-16-2005, 06:00 AM

And what do we gain by being jerks? No reason to sink to another's level, but as I said ds9 is cool.I wont ever insult someone personally and if you look at my post I have spoke out about people who do. Thanks d.

ds9
07-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Low blow. They're all done. I can't wait for it all to come out so you can eat your words.

P.You know what Pat as one of the guys who bought issue one im hoping im wrong too. :D

Mike Haseloff
07-16-2005, 06:06 AM
Daredevil/punisher is really a punisher story but guest stars DDThat was a preconceived notion that made me a little uncertain about DD/Punisher. The artwork isn't great, and DD looks and seems as though he's being written and drawn a lot more like the generic DD in stories of a lesser quality. More like just another Marvel character, who's running around hassling the Punisher.

Hopefully I'll be able to check it out, because I still think it's a book that warrants a look. I just bloody well hope that's not the real Jackal, Miles Warren...

Shwicaz
07-16-2005, 06:44 AM
First of all Daredevil:Redemption reads just like Bendis's version of DD.

Re: Daredevil Redemption-- how can it read like Bendis' version of DD? No one is in the basement! ;-)

Daredevil: Punisher is a 6 issue story. We have gotten one issue. I think its a little too early to call it 'a punisher story that guest stars DD' (although you may be proven right later)

Daredevil Father: Well, hope springs eternal, right? The directors cut of one is due out soon, with #2 supposed to follow right after. We'll see.

It appears you don't like Daredevil in any book.

May I suggest Batman? There are so many bat books out there to hate on, and you could give DD a break.

:)

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-16-2005, 06:48 AM
We are giving ds9 so much attention today. And everyday. I helped make it possible and I want my cut of the attention. :twisted:

Stryfe
07-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Dammit,Stop being so level-headed.This is a comic book message board.I want to spew venom

Yes, but you're not very good at it, so give it a rest.

Daredevil: Punisher is a 6 issue story. We have gotten one issue. I think its a little too early to call it 'a punisher story that guest stars DD' (although you may be proven right later)

Exactly.

Flonk
07-16-2005, 07:22 AM
Ok so why is he still in the basement?

I thought he was out fighting Jester and saving that girl. Before that he stopped a rape. aybe I'm reading a different Daredevil comic than you. We're talking about Bendis' book right? The current arc?

ds9
07-16-2005, 07:24 AM
In the article on Newsrama Lapham said it was more a punisher story set in Hells kitchen.

Shwicaz
07-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Technically, DD isn't in the basement at all, nor has he ever been.

Matt Murdock showed up on the final page/panel of the latest issue, and he will be in issue 6.

Flonk
07-16-2005, 07:25 AM
I love DD and there is really no other book to read with him as the star like there is a spiderman book.

So then go out and buy some back issues.

Shwicaz
07-16-2005, 07:28 AM
In the article on Newsrama Lapham said it was more a punisher story set in Hells kitchen.

hadn't read that. I avoided the article cuz I didn't want any spoilers. :Oops:

thanks for the clarification.

NickT
07-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Daredevil Father: Well, hope springs eternal, right? The directors cut of one is due out soon, with #2 supposed to follow right after. We'll see.

Quesada finished #2 ages ago, and Buckley said wait until they're all ready. Why would they go and release them early?

Mike Haseloff
07-16-2005, 07:33 AM
I thought he was out fighting Jester and saving that girl. Before that he stopped a rape. aybe I'm reading a different Daredevil comic than you. We're talking about Bendis' book right? The current arc?When Haynes called me about elaborating, this is what I didn't bother to say.

The story, through each character's therapy, has actually moved the story in as good a way as possible! Not only do you get to have your tights, you can eat them too!

You've got DD busting up crooks, you've got guys blowing up buildings, you've got all kinds of crazy action... AND you've got all the character analysis in the world, and some really interesting characters at that!

I guess I'm surprised because the general premise of the story - a bunch of people holding a DD's Anonymous meeting in a basement - really isn't the core of the story!

Shwicaz
07-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Quesada finished #2 ages ago, and Buckley said wait until they're all ready. Why would they go and release them early?

Well, being that issue 3 was solicited in the latest Marvel Previews for product due in September, I would assume #2 would be out before that.....

...or am I out of my mind?

Read the previews guide my friend.

Shwicaz
07-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Just pulled out Marvel's August Catalogue.

They list Daredevil Father Director's Cut #1, and on the very next page Daredevil Father #2, so these appear to be coming out next month.

NickT
07-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Just pulled out Marvel's August Catalogue.

They list Daredevil Father Director's Cut #1, and on the very next page Daredevil Father #2, so these appear to be coming out next month.
Yeah, but I was just saying it should now stay on target :)

Shwicaz
07-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Yeah, but I was just saying it should now stay on target :)

was that a Daredevil/Bullseye:Target slam?

:lol:

ds9
07-16-2005, 08:01 AM

:lol:It was a good one too.

NickT
07-16-2005, 08:02 AM

:lol:
No, that's far too clever for me ;)