PDA

View Full Version : World Series of Poker Day 5 Update

markhow
07-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Its down to 27 players. Today the action moves downtown to Binion's Horseshoe. Play will continue untill it gets down to the 9 for the final table.

Only 2 name players were knocked out yesterday John Juanda and Lee Watkinson.

Here is the top 10 chip leaders

1. Mike Matusow (Las Vegas, NV) $5.14M
2. Phil Ivey (Las Vegas, NV) $4.635M
3. Steven Dannenmann (Severn, MD) $4.3M
4. Tex Barch (McKinney, TX) $3.9M
5. Greg Raymer (Stonington, CT) $3.84
6. Brad Koudrachi (Kingston, PA) $3.16M
7. Joseph Hachem (Melbourne, Australia $3.125M
8. Scott Lazar (Studio City, CA) $3.025M
9. Michael Kessler (Spotsylvania, VA) $2.7M
10. Daniel Bergsdorf (Umea, Sweden) $2.55M

Tiffany Williamsen is the last woman left and she has $1.125M in chips left. She was at the ESPN table for most of yesterday. One of the things that has made her stick out at the tournament, other than that she is the last woman left, is the ammount of time she takes to make calls. Often in big pots she has had the clock called on her, and I know once yesterday her cards were called dead because she ran out the clock.

Peace,
Mark

Gregory
07-14-2005, 08:13 AM
I didn't know there was a clock. What a great idea. I hope the clock chimes the deadline using a Norman Chad one-liner to emphasize that no one wants to hear it.

Balthazar
07-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Holy shit Raymer came way back. I'm going for Ivey!

markhow
07-14-2005, 08:17 AM
I didn't know there was a clock. What a great idea. I hope the clock chimes the deadline using a Norman Chad one-liner to emphasize that no one wants to hear it.

You only get the clock if another player at the table calles the floorman over. Its not something that happens automatically. There was a hand yesterday between her and Raymer and she took something like 10 minutes for her to call but no one called to put her on the clock so she stared and got up and hemmed and hawed before she called.

Peace,
Mark

icemanx62
07-14-2005, 08:25 AM
Ivey all the way.