PDA

View Full Version : Being a big time pro inker isnt as glamorous as one might think...

justjeffery
07-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Yeah, I know... everything thinks inking is this super cool, high profile gig which requires one to have the tracing skill of a 3rd grader strung out on skittles and Kool-Aid... and one that is filled with hot babes, wild parties, tacky shirts and lighting blunts with wadded up balls of Jim Lee art...

But this just isnt the case.

As I sit here, up at 7AM, to scan pages to give to the writer to have lettered, with morning breath, buck naked with my butt sticking to my nagahide chair, hair sticking every which way, glasses and a bad disposition... I'm realizing that I dont get paid enough to do this stuff....

Anyone want an inking gig? I'll sell mine for a pair of underwear and 28 bucks...

Of course, I'm kidding... I just sat here realizing that I wonder if Danny Miki ever has these mornings...

:D

Okay, it's not all a lie.. inkers clearly get all the girls. Ask Tom...

Wait, bad example... :lol:

JUST KIDDING BUD!

TheTravis!
07-14-2005, 05:34 AM
I tried to read the whole thing, but after the image of you butt naked, I was mostly concentrating on not puking, so I missed the point of your anecdote.

JABSEN
07-14-2005, 05:37 AM
Being a big time pro inker isnt as glamorous as one might think

Huh...

People think this?

;-)

Plain Abraham Lincoln
07-14-2005, 05:50 AM
So all those stories of terry Austin being a big time high roller are greatly exagerated then?

justjeffery
07-14-2005, 06:36 AM
So all those stories of terry Austin being a big time high roller are greatly exagerated then?

Probably so...

But I bet he gets his fair share of babes though...

Sure, there's no money or fame in it... but THAT, my friend, makes it all worth wild...

adamgreenberger
07-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Yeah, I know... everything thinks inking is this super cool, high profile gig which requires one to have the tracing skill of a 3rd grader strung out on skittles and Kool-Aid... and one that is filled with hot babes, wild parties, tacky shirts and lighting blunts with wadded up balls of Jim Lee art...

But this just isnt the case.

As I sit here, up at 7AM, to scan pages to give to the writer to have lettered, with morning breath, buck naked with my butt sticking to my nagahide chair, hair sticking every which way, glasses and a bad disposition... I'm realizing that I dont get paid enough to do this stuff....

Anyone want an inking gig? I'll sell mine for a pair of underwear and 28 bucks...

Of course, I'm kidding... I just sat here realizing that I wonder if Danny Miki ever has these mornings...

:D

Okay, it's not all a lie.. inkers clearly get all the girls. Ask Tom...

Wait, bad example... :lol:

JUST KIDDING BUD!

Aren't you just a tracer???

Just Kidding