PDA

View Full Version : What are your three current favourite items of clothing?

Weeto
01-23-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm not going to be too personal so you don't need to mention your unmentionables but what are your three favourite items of clothing at the moment that you own?

I'll pick mine first.

3) Adidas tracksuit pants - black with red stripes. I just recently bought another similar pair of trackpants (a little more expensive actually) but I love the pair I bought over a year ago as they're really comfortable and look pretty good. I have to admit that I have at least 5 pairs of Adidas trackpants at the moment as they're great and with me being pretty heavy, I can wear them in comfort unlike jeans.

2) Tommy Hilfiger sweater - sky blue. I got this in a sale at Frasers just over a year ago in a January sale for £49 compared to the normal £75 price. It is a really nice sweater and comfortable but not terribly heavy.

1) Nike Air Max Command - black, blue and white. These cost me £85, £20 more than I'd ever paid for trainers but they're very stylish and have a great colour scheme and they are really comfortable and durable. They're very similar to the more familiar Air Max 90 and one of the best looking vintage Nike shoes.

Chris Jones
01-23-2012, 03:46 PM
1. Sick-ass pair of Pumas I bought a couple weeks ago. They're black with a red streak and white on the heel and they are SO DOPE.

2. Sexy belt I got for Christmas.

3. This nylon jacket my skinny Asian friend gave me that everyone says makes me look like a skinny Asian guy :lol:

Corrina
01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
I have this oversize red Red Sox hoodie that's incredibly warm and I wear as much as possible in the winter.

Just bought these awesome ankle boots on sale at Land's End. Suede, fur-lined, so comfortable. And warm.

Hmm...I don't think I have three.

Spiffy
01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
1.) My LL Bean Hurricane Shirt. (http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/51759?page=hurricane-cloth-shirt)
2.) My OTHER LL Bean Hurricane Shirt
3.) a really great Tuxedo I wear once every five years or so, so I'm blessed that Tuxudo stylings don't change all that much.

Chris Jones
01-23-2012, 04:20 PM
1.) My LL Bean Hurricane Shirt.

Ooh, nice. I don't know if I'd be able to pull off that look but I like the shirt.

Matt Doc Martin
01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
1) any of my Punisher shirts
2) My leather jacket
3) Jeans

Spiffy
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Ooh, nice. I don't know if I'd be able to pull off that look but I like the shirt.
You get about 25-30 years out of them to "make them work". They literally won't wear out.

Thankfully its a style that isn't any more or less dated on either end of that span (its never going, or intended to be, stylish, but won't ever be ugly either).

Perhaps that lack of wear, and the relative timelessness of such simple lines/cut on the garment, is why (from the "We're sorry, this item is currently unavailable." on the website) they've maybe stopped making them? Someone got me one as a present about 20 years ago, and I got another 5 years ago. They're different colors, but since there's virtually no sign of wear on the older one, you can hardly tell which is the 15 year older one.

JBK405
01-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Fedora: Clasic wide-brimmed felt hat, nice shade of brown. It's the only article of clothing I have which is not interchangable or forgettable. I put that hat on and suddenly I'm Indiana Jones (Or Smokey the Bear, which actually confuses me since Smokey wears a Campaign Hat, but I suppose some people just don't have the eye for hats).

jhota
01-23-2012, 07:41 PM
1. my Redback UBBK boots (http://www.redbackboots.com/ubbkboots.html): best work boots i've ever had. like them so much i wear them when i'm not at work.

2. my waxed cotton flat cap. been wearing it twenty years now. not constantly, of course.

3. my feilidh-beag, because it's much more wearable than my feilidh-mhor.

Danimal
01-24-2012, 07:28 AM
1. My running shoes
2. My cowboy hat (as seen in my picture)
3. My Carlsbad Caverns t-shirt (it's very comfortable)

michealdark
01-24-2012, 08:45 AM
1. My white hoody with the dragon one it
2. My Shape-Ups (most comfortable style of shoe I've ever worn)
3. My "Team Raven Alexis Fuck Cancer" shirt

dasNdanger
01-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Well, there's these black 'tights' (not sure what to call 'em - fitted stretchy pants?), this long, tunic-like black sweater, and this pair of black shoes that I live in all winter (I have 4 sets of the same thing). All cheap crap from Walmart, and the shoes are from Famous Footwear...no idea the brand because I could care less about that sort of thing.

das

Weeto
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
I tend to think clothes are crap if you can actually afford them.

bert
01-24-2012, 03:06 PM
My Candy-Apple Red/Black leather vest

My "furry" pants, that I wear every year at Dragon*con

I guess third would by my 28 eyelet, steel-toe Gladiators.

scs
01-24-2012, 07:54 PM
A Pendleton wool shirt, tan and green plaid. Size large-tall. My first one lasted 15 years of being washed and worn 20-25 times a year, then some @ssh@le dropped a lit cigarette on it.

A 5-11 'tac lite' shirt, long-sleeved shirt, also size large-tall. This shirt generates worship from people who have to carry lots of stuff in their day-to-day jobs.

A simple blue and grey fleece. Not too warm for autumn and spring, warm enough for most winter days when worn with proper layers.

I should really add a few words about long-tall. My arms aren't terribly long, but I'm very broad-shouldered. For long-sleeved shirts, XL has the right sleeve length but the body is about 6" to 10" too big. An LT has the right sleeve length but fits me much better in the body.

comicsaurus
01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
I love my pair of black Docs. I can lace them up tight or leave them unlaced. They make me feel like I could kick down a building. I pretend to be Godzilla when no one is looking.

My new black/dark grey, zip up, pull over. It is so comfortable and keeps me toasty warm. It's like wearing a boyfriend.

My new boxer briefs. Yes, I can now love my underwear. I used to hate them. I didn't care what kind. I hated them. I was about thirty pounds over weight. I lost the weight and found some undies that highlight the package just right. So now I love my undies.

RobStaeger
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
My fleece jammie pants.

My black hoodie with the Flash logo.

My porkpie hat.

Morrison_Lad
01-25-2012, 03:06 PM
-- My Detroit Tigers t-shirt. Though, honestly, I may need to replace it this year. It's getting a bit past "endearingly ragged," and moving onto "just around the corner from being a rag."

-- My red union-suit. It's been getting a bit chilly here (though better now), and there's nothing better than a union-suit when it's cold.

-- My Detroit Tigers baseball cap. I can throw it on when I really need a latte but don't want to wash my hair.

Weeto
01-25-2012, 04:27 PM
-- My Detroit Tigers t-shirt. Though, honestly, I may need to replace it this year. It's getting a bit past "endearingly ragged," and moving onto "just around the corner from being a rag."

-- My red union-suit. It's been getting a bit chilly here (though better now), and there's nothing better than a union-suit when it's cold.

-- My Detroit Tigers baseball cap. I can throw it on when I really need a latte but don't want to wash my hair.

Tigers are so history. Detroit be Lions country!

Morrison_Lad
01-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Tigers are so history. Detroit be Lions country!

We gots ourselves The Prince now! :)

But yeah, it was nice to see the Lions do well enough that I was actually motivated to watch this year. I'm a Tigers fan at heart, though.

The Beast Of Yucca Flats
01-26-2012, 10:53 AM
-My 'Brony' shirt feat. Rainbow Dash
-That pair of jeans I haven't worn out (too much) yet
-'nother t-shirt with a reproduction of the cover to Detective Comics #566

Cam63
01-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Blue denim jeans
Any T-shirt
My worn out grey fedora style Akubra

Alex
01-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Blue jeans - in particular, Levi 514's. I like the cut of them, though I may try some 505's and see if I like those better

Red button-down shirt with matching V-neck sweater

Peacoat when it's cold - why did no one tell me how warm and awesome these things are before now?

GlitterPill
01-27-2012, 06:34 PM
These shoes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/GlitterPill/81v7HY21HCL_SL1500_.jpg
This skirt:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/GlitterPill/rufflepencilskrt.jpg

And my Art Nouveau Shadowcat shirt (http://www.welovefine.com/product.php?id_product=350)