PDA

View Full Version : Using iPad 2 as Netbook

Ashwin Pande
10-23-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm in te market for a new laptop but ave been wondering for a long time weter I can use an iPad 2 as a Netbook for typing documents.

Does anyone use teir iPad as a netbook? As in for typing long documents, surfing te web, watcing videos, music, games, reading, etc?

Does te portability and battery life make te iPad a superior option to a netbook?

My laptop's key is not working anymore so I apologize for ow te above stuff reads.

Jason California
10-23-2011, 09:38 AM
This is nothing compared to some of the stuff I type with no apologies. Something I do when I have a problem like this with the keyboard is to have that latter copied and ready for a control V whenever I need it.

MayorMitch100
10-23-2011, 12:21 PM
A few people in some of my classes use theirs to take notes and all that kind of stuff. They have one of those cases with the Bluetooth keyboard so it looks badass. From what I've heard and seen it is a decent way to get things done if you are willing to have everything digital. Would you still be having an actual computer to back all this stuff up on?

Thudpucker
10-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I use mine that way, it does a great job. It does everything you mention and it's a lot easier to carry around than most netbooks

Buk Was Right
10-23-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm getting closer and closer to using mine as my primary "travel" computer.

I still lug my full laptop out of nervousness and there are a couple work things that I can't do via iPad (an even those I could probably find workarounds for if I put the time into it), but the last time I took both I think I only took my actual laptop out of my bag like twice in a week and a half.

I haven't used it much for typing longer stuff (either with the touch screen or physical bluetooth keyboard).

The Funketeer
10-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I teach computers at an elementary school and we're starting to use them for that kind of stuff. It's possible to do. You'll have some compatability issues with Windows maybe but if you use Google Docs (and everyone should) and get a physical keyboard it can do pretty much whatever you want aside from running flash.

GelfXIII
10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
A buddy of mine is writing his novel on his iPad. He says he types faster on it than on a regular keyboard.

He's a bit eccentric though. Also I think he's determined to write off his iPad as a tax deduction. :lol:

Ashwin Pande
10-23-2011, 09:14 PM
huh. I wonder if I can do that, too.

Jason California
10-23-2011, 09:17 PM
huh. I wonder if I can do that, too.

Yeah, you totally can. Just CTRL+C over the letter your keyboard can't do, and then CTRL+V wherever you need it. It is pretty simple Ashwin.