PDA

View Full Version : Scalped confirmed to end with issue 60

Fizz
07-22-2011, 11:50 AM
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/07/86209/

I'll definitely miss it, but I'm sure Aaron and Guera will give it a hell of an ending. I'm just glad they get to tell their whole story and end it by choice and not abrupt cancellation.

Evan the Shaggy
07-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Scalped is my favorite book out right now, and I am going to miss it like hell, but I also don't want it going for anymore issues than it needs to.

I think around 60 issues is becoming the sweet spot for a lot of great Vertigo runs.

Jim T.
07-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Aw man. I knew it had to end sometime but still, I'm gonna miss it. Great read, month after month.

Fourthman
07-22-2011, 12:02 PM
It's a Vertigo standard. If you equate a Vertigo comic with a cable series (10 issues = a season) that's like 6 seasons of a TV drama. Any drama on the air for more than 6 years kind of becomes a joke.

Drkemerld73
07-22-2011, 12:07 PM
So I guess this means 2 more trades left.

I really didn't like it initially, but because of Cactusakic, he suggested I give it another look and it's become one of the ones I look forward to reading. Gripping series. I can't wait to see how this ends.

Dan
07-22-2011, 12:17 PM
You could tell from the story that it was heading there. 60 issues is a good #.

Jason California
07-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Time to start checking out the trades.

DAVE
07-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Right on.

I AM GROOT!
07-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Sad to see it go, but I'm also glad that it's getting a proper ending.

Between DMZ and Scalped ending and Northlanders and House of Mystery canceled, I wonder what new series we'll get in the coming year.

JJ Fresh
07-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I knew it was ending, but not this soon. 10 more issues to go is kind of a downer. Yet, I still have faith that Aaron and Guera have a helluva ending planned.

Drkemerld73
07-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Sad to see it go, but I'm also glad that it's getting a proper ending.

Between DMZ and Scalped ending and Northlanders and House of Mystery canceled, I wonder what new series we'll get in the coming year.

There's going to be that New Orleans Voodoo Gods one.

Garth
07-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Glad to see it ending on a high note. But not glad to see it ending. Great great, great series.

ImYrWoodbury
07-23-2011, 05:09 AM
Kind of bittersweet news. I've been reading in trades, but might get it monthly until the end.

RebootedCorpse
07-23-2011, 07:54 AM
Sunnuvabitch. This comic has no equal.

BriRedfern
07-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Time to start checking out the trades.

Right there with you. Knowing it has a set timeline makes it more appealling to me.

Shwicaz
07-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Wow. hell of a series.

Kedd
07-23-2011, 09:00 AM
It has been one of my favorite series of the past few years. I bought the first issue for the nunchucks and stayed for the awesome.

Stark Raving
07-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Sad it's going to end, but goddamn what a great run.

ImYrWoodbury
12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
I just finished the Vol: 8 trade, "You Gotta Sin To Get Saved." I love this book so much. Just adore it. I just try to soak in every panel and page. I really, really loved the one shot story from Vol: 7 about the old couple who live as deep in the Reservation as they possibly can. That one really got to me. Thinking of going to an LCS tomorrow and trying to catch up in singles.

joeAR
12-13-2011, 08:57 PM
I just finished the Vol: 8 trade, "You Gotta Sin To Get Saved." I love this book so much. Just adore it. I just try to soak in every panel and page. I really, really loved the one shot story from Vol: 7 about the old couple who live as deep in the Reservation as they possibly can. That one really got to me. Thinking of going to an LCS tomorrow and trying to catch up in singles.

You won't be disapointed. Just great comics.

DC Camel
12-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Sad news but it should end when Aaron wants it and not milk it for everything its worth. I surely do hope Aaron moves on to another non superhero type comic.

Shwicaz
12-14-2011, 03:25 AM
I just got caught up on the single issues, so i am up to date.. Knuckle Up was a HELL of an arc!

Aaron said he always knew when/where the story was going to end. It was always going to be a 'finite' series.

That being said, I'm going to miss the characters and places that inhabit this series.

The 'one shot' stories in between arcs were amazing.

Can't wait to see everyone get what they deserve.

Garth
12-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Love this series beyond belief. Awesome, gritty, crime comics--the kind that I wish we got more of in comics.

JJ Fresh
12-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I hope when it is all said and done we see a collection of all the Jock covers (and that brief stint by Tim Bradstreet too). Vertigo has always had some amazing cover artists, and Jock's work kept up that excellent tradition.

ImYrWoodbury
12-23-2011, 07:17 AM
"Incident At Oglala" is streaming on Netflix Instant. If you are interested in learning about one of the key plot points that drives Scalped, by all means, check it out.

Caley Tibbittz
12-23-2011, 08:23 AM
It's a Vertigo standard. If you equate a Vertigo comic with a cable series (10 issues = a season) that's like 6 seasons of a TV drama. Any drama on the air for more than 6 years kind of becomes a joke.
Or, in the cases of The Sopranos and Six Feet Under, any drama on the air for more than 1 year.

ImYrWoodbury
12-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Went to a (not so) LCS and caught myself up on singles. Looking forward to plowing through them.

Adrian B AWESOME
12-29-2011, 04:12 PM
"Incident At Oglala" is streaming on Netflix Instant. If you are interested in learning about one of the key plot points that drives Scalped, by all means, check it out.

Cool. Thanks.

totalsellout
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
glad to see this thread. i just finished reading the last scalped book today, and i got a question

ok, who does dash scalp? it kind of looks like he kills and scalps catcher, but than nitz kills catcher on the next page. i think i'm missing something.

reposted from the gail board, cuz i didn't get enough of an answer.

Supreme Convoy
11-27-2012, 07:03 PM
glad to see this thread. i just finished reading the last scalped book today, and i got a question

ok, who does dash scalp? it kind of looks like he kills and scalps catcher, but than nitz kills catcher on the next page. i think i'm missing something.

reposted from the gail board, cuz i didn't get enough of an answer.

I was also confused about that part and re-read it.

Dash is imagining he's scalping Catcher. It felt like a imaginary/"could've been" scenario. Nitz is chasing Catcher as Dash is daydreaming. That's my take at least.

I finished reading Scalped recently as well. I loved this series. I read Volumes 2 through 9 in one month. I told Jason Aaron this during MorrisonCon and he said, "That sounds like a depressing month." :)

Really great comic book!

SeanC
11-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I really am curious if Jason Aaron ever received negative comments from the Native community over 'Scalped.'

ImYrWoodbury
11-27-2012, 07:42 PM
I really am curious if Jason Aaron ever received negative comments from the Native community over 'Scalped.'

Not from me and I complain about EVERYTHING.