PDA

View Full Version : Summer TV suggestions (DVD and netflix too!)

Blane
06-20-2011, 08:59 AM
So, I'm looking to watch some TV over the summer, but unfortunately, most of the new programming is reality based.

I'm DVRing -

Louie
Wilfred
Project Runway (don't hate)
Falling Skies (I'm giving it a couple episodes)

but other than that... I don't have any idea what's coming out.

I love british comedies (finishing up Slings and Arrows as we speak), the NBC thursday night lineup, Archer, Psych, etc. I tend to steer away from anything too drama-y, but don't mind it if it has light hearted moments.

Any recommendations?

GelfXIII
06-20-2011, 09:13 AM
I think True Blood should be starting up this summer, and Dexter as well (?)
Edit: Dexter isn't until fall. :(

McAfee
06-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Rescue Me's final season starts soon (if not already), and I'm actually sort of enjoying Franklin and Bash so far.

Blane
06-20-2011, 09:18 AM
I watched about 4 seasons of Rescue Me and I just sort of got tired of it generally. Maybe I got burnt out on it because I watched it all in a row, but it seemed very frat house humor after a while.

I don't have Showtime but I do have HBO. Haven't watched any True Blood other than the first episode which didn't do terribly a lot for me.

McAfee
06-20-2011, 09:30 AM
I watched about 4 seasons of Rescue Me and I just sort of got tired of it generally. Maybe I got burnt out on it because I watched it all in a row, but it seemed very frat house humor after a while.

I did the same with the first 3 seasons, and some of the 4th wasn't my favorite. So much so that I haven't bothered to even start the 5th yet. I needed the break, but I do plan to go back because the show can be great. You should really rent the Dexter series because it's one of the best shows running.

Spidey616
06-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 begins in July I believe.

Blane
06-20-2011, 09:35 AM
I did the same with the first 3 seasons, and some of the 4th wasn't my favorite. So much so that I haven't bothered to even start the 5th yet. I needed the break, but I do plan to go back because the show can be great. You should really rent the Dexter series because it's one of the best shows running.

Oh, I'm all over Dexter. Just waiting for the next season to come out on DVD. I actually only got HBO for Game of Thrones, which is winding down as we speak.

Ryudo
06-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Memphis Beat started up its second season last week, but it reruns its premiere Tuesday at 8 before the new episode at 9 on the same night.

I like it, cop procedural with some neat (to me) twists.