PDA

View Full Version : SDCC 2011 Wtf???

Roger
06-17-2011, 07:05 AM
The con is like 4 weeks away and still no program schedule? Come on people, we need to plan out the weekend

gaspar
06-17-2011, 07:39 AM
It usually comes out just a few weeks ahead of the con, right? I'd expect it to drop in the next week most likely. I am getting a little antsy too, though...

Ben
06-17-2011, 08:06 AM
I can't wait to see which panels I'm not willing to wait in line to see!

Supreme Convoy
06-17-2011, 08:37 AM
The con is like 4 weeks away and still no program schedule? Come on people, we need to plan out the weekend

Don't worry. Your Twilight panel is happening.

Spidey616
06-17-2011, 08:39 AM

:rofl:

Tim Simmons
06-17-2011, 09:01 AM

I'm already camped in front of Hall H!

Spidey616
06-17-2011, 09:20 AM
For those who remember it last year- avoid all attendees wielding pens....;)

capntightpants
06-17-2011, 11:14 AM

I hear that it happens Thursday morning, so we don't have to deal with them the rest of the con.

gaspar
06-17-2011, 12:47 PM

That's actually kind of how I feel. Out of all of the years I've attended SDCC, I've only gone to 1 set of panels. The only thing that got me to wait in the gigantic Hall H line was Hayao Miyazaki being in attendance to introduce Ponyo. I figured that might be the only time I ever have a chance to see him, so I had to do it. I stayed for District 9 and some other panels after. It was worth the wait, but that's the only time I've done it. I probably won't go to any this year, but I always like to look at the schedule just in case something fantastic is happening.

I hear that it happens Thursday morning, so we don't have to deal with them the rest of the con.

That actually makes sense, so I doubt it's true :D

Most likely it will be at the end of the day Saturday with nothing but comic book panels before it, so the Twilight folks can camp in there all day watching things they don't care about until they finally get to see Edward & Jacob.

Jamie Coville
06-17-2011, 03:14 PM
I never go near hall h, except maybe to take photo's of cosplayers in the line ups. There's already a large number of really good panels dedicated to comic books that I'd rather go to.

Supreme Convoy
06-17-2011, 10:10 PM

That's why I'm bringing my Captain America shield!

arthurloewenkamp
06-17-2011, 10:25 PM
For me I appreciate the cool movie stuff that other cons don't offer. I did a full Hall H day last year for the Tron panel and saw the Expendables, Scott Pilgrim and some other good ones. I'm up for that again this year.

XXXenophile
06-18-2011, 12:27 AM
With the movie studios staying away this year, I suspect Hall H will be a little bit more manageable. At least you won't have media people claiming your space.

Pat Loika
06-18-2011, 05:00 AM
Programming always comes out about two weeks before the convention.

Pat Loika
06-18-2011, 05:00 AM
With the movie studios staying away this year, I suspect Hall H will be a little bit more manageable. At least you won't have media people claiming your space.

SOME movie studios are staying away. Not all of them.

gaspar
06-18-2011, 08:56 AM
SOME movie studios are staying away. Not all of them.

And there are still A LOT of hugely popular movies and tv shows already announcing they'll be in attendance. I don't think the handful that are bowing out this year is going to make a huge difference. But I guess we'll see...

The Cable Guy
06-18-2011, 07:29 PM
I was waiting for this thread.

So where is the drink up? Same place and day or do you want to go somewhere else?

Roger
06-19-2011, 05:52 PM
and so it begins....

With Comic-Con quickly approaching The Hollywood Reporter’s Live Feed has compiled an early look at what, in some cases, is confirmed and
other cases rumored to be heading to Comic-Con International. Set for
July 21-24 with preview night July 20 at the Convention Center in San
Diego, some studios, like 20th Television, and networks including Starz
and HBO, have already released their early panel lineups. With the help
of THR sources as well as assists from EW, IGN, seat42f.com and TVLine, here’s an early look at the TV side of Comic-Con 2011.
Additional announcements and panelists are sure to come in the weeks
ahead, so bookmark this page and keep checking back for the latest.

THURSDAY, JULY 21
Awake (Fox): The first episode will be screened, with Howard Gordon, Kyle Killen and Jason Isaacs attending.
Beavis and Butt-Head (MTV)
Covert Affairs (USA)
Game of Thrones(HBO): Author George R.R. Martin will moderate the panel with attendees including David
Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Jason Momoa and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. The panel marks the freshman series
first time at Comic-Con.
Napoleon Dynamite (Fox): Jon Heder,
Tina Majorino, Efren Ramirez, Jon Gries, Sandy Martin, Diedrich Bader
and EP Mike Scully. A sneak preview of the animated series to be
screened.
Penn & Teller Tell a Lie
Psych (USA)

FRIDAY, JULY 22
Bob’s Burgers(Fox): Season 2 clip
to be presented, along with Q&A with Loren Bouchard, Jim Dauterive,
H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman and Kristen
Schaal.
Bones/The Finder (Fox): Panel discussion with Hart Hanson, Stephen Nathan, David Boreanaz, Emily Deschanel as well as the stars of its spinoff, The Finder.
Falling Skies (TNT)
Reign of the Dinosaurs (Discovery): Erik Nelson, David Krentz, Ricardo Delgado
Spartacus: Vengeance (Starz): New
Spartacus Liam McIntyre will be introduced alongside fellow panelists
Lucy Lawless, Dustin Clare, Manu Bennett, Katrina Law and Steven S.
DeKnight.
Torchwood: Miracle Day (Starz): John Barrowman, Eve Myles, Bill Pullman, Mekhi Phifer, Alexa Havins, Lauren Ambrose and Jane Espenson will attend.
True Blood (Fox): Attendees include
Alan Ball, Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Sam Trammell, Ryan Kwanten,
Rutina Wesley, Kevin Alejandro, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Nelsan Ellis, Joe Manganiello and Deborah Ann Woll. The panel will be the show’s
fourth Comic-Con appearance.

SATURDAY, JULY 23
American Dad (Fox): A preview of the Season 7 premiere will be screened, featuring guest star Cee Lo Green,
followed by a panel discussion with Wendy Schaal, Scott Grimes, Rachael
MacFarlane, Dee Bradley Baker, Mike Barker, Matt Weitzman and Kara
Vallow.
Family Guy (Fox): Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Adam West, Mark Hentemann, Steve Callaghan and Kara Vallow will screen a sneak preview of Stewie Goes for a Drive, featuring voice guest star Ryan Reynolds.
Futurama (Fox): Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio and Maurice LaMarche
to attend with a sneak preview of the show reincarnated as Japanese
anime and a preview of the new season to be screened. Bill Morrison will moderate.
Good Vibes (MTV)
Mythbusters (Discovery)
Power Rangers Samurai (Nickelodeon)
The Simpsons (Fox): Matt Groening, Al Jean, Rob Lazebnik, Matt Warburton, Mike Anderson and Tom Gammill will be in attendance.
Teen Wolf(MTV)
Terra Nova(Fox): The first episode will be screened with Stephen Lang, Rene Echevarria and Brannon Braga set to attend.

SUNDAY, JULY 24
Castle (ABC)
The Cleveland Show (Fox): A look at its Die Hard parody will be screened, followed by a Q&A with Mike Henry, Sanaa
Lathan, Kevin Michael Richardson, Reagan Gomez, Rich Appel and Kara
Vallow.
Allen Gregory (Fox): Jonah Hill,
David Goodman, Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul will be joined by the
voice-cast for a sneak preview of the animated series.
Glee (Fox): Ryan Murphy, Brad
Falchuk and stars of the musical hit will air a musical sneak preview at never-before-seen footage and behind-the-scenes secrets about the
series.

ALSO GOING -- DETAILS TBD
Alphas (Syfy)
Being Human (Syfy)
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Children’s Hospital (Adult Swim)
Chuck (NBC)
Community (NBC)
Eureka (Syfy)
Fringe (Fox)
Grimm (NBC)
The Guild (Web series)
Once Upon a Time (ABC)
The Nine Lives of Chloe King (ABC Family)
Person of Interest (CBS)
Ringer (CW)
The River (ABC)
Sanctuary (Syfy)
The Secret Circle (CW)
Sons of Anarchy (FX)
The Vampire Diaries (CW)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
Warehouse 13 (Syfy)
Wilfred (FX)

Roger
06-20-2011, 06:03 AM
- Rey Mysterio will be appearing at Mattel's booth at the San Diego Comic Con on July 21st at 1pm in San Diego, California at the San Diego Convention Center.

Kane and Kelly Kelly will be appearing the next day, July 22nd, from 11am until 12pm. Cody Rhodes and Alicia Fox will be appearing at the Mattel booth on July 23rd from 11am until 12pm.

It sounds like Bret Hart will also be joining Mattel at the San Diego Comic Con also as he mentioned it on Twitter. Bret's dates and times have not been announced yet.

Greygor
06-20-2011, 06:12 AM

SDCC 2011 Pens

http://www.hisnibs.com/images/DT/Swords/SwordPenGroupFan.jpg

arthurloewenkamp
06-20-2011, 06:25 AM
- Rey Mysterio will be appearing at Mattel's booth at the San Diego Comic Con on July 21st at 1pm in San Diego, California at the San Diego Convention Center.

Kane and Kelly Kelly will be appearing the next day, July 22nd, from 11am until 12pm. Cody Rhodes and Alicia Fox will be appearing at the Mattel booth on July 23rd from 11am until 12pm.

It sounds like Bret Hart will also be joining Mattel at the San Diego Comic Con also as he mentioned it on Twitter. Bret's dates and times have not been announced yet. The only thing I had on me for Kane to sign last year at Wrestlemania was a baseball. He kind of reacted weird to it. I'd like to bring it back and have him sign it again.

gaspar
06-20-2011, 04:30 PM
The only thing I had on me for Kane to sign last year at Wrestlemania was a baseball. He kind of reacted weird to it. I'd like to bring it back and have him sign it again.

I had G4's Olivia Munn, Kevin Pereira, and Blair Butler sign a baseball at SDCC a few years back. They all kind of looked at me like I was crazy and I think Kevin said something like "You know we're nerds, right...I've never signed a baseball before!" It made them chuckle and it is a cool souvenir...I like it! I've been thinking about bringing one (or a football) this year and just having everyone I meet sign it...that could be a fun thing to display.

Roger
06-22-2011, 07:09 AM
‘Cowboys & Aliens’ world premiere will be at Comic-Con International [updated]
June 13, 2011 | 9:25 a.m.
EXCLUSIVE
"Cowboys & Aliens" (Universal Pictures)
It looks like “Cowboys & Aliens” will saddle up in San Diego.
Filmmaker Jon Favreau had just walked off stage Sunday night after a sparkling “Iron Man” reunion at the Hero Complex Film Festival, but his thoughts were already on a far-bigger spotlight moment this summer — Comic-Con International in San Diego.
“The worldwide premiere of ‘Cowboys & Aliens’ will be at
Comic-Con,” the director said of his hard-edged sci-fi western that
stars Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Olivia Wilde and Sam Rockwell “And not only are we going to premiere it there, we’re going to find a
way to include as many of the fans as possible. I feel like they’ve come out for me, they’ve supported me.”
The movie goes into wide release on July 29 with its tale of an alien invasion in six-shooter days of 1873 Arizona. To some ears, the title
might suggest a bit of camp, but the absolute opposite is the case — the nine minutes of footage that Favreau brought as a surprise to the
Sunday night festival audience showed intense Old West action and men
with gun-metal eyes making hard choices in an unforgiving terrain. The
audience gave a robust ovation for the footage, suggesting that Favreau
might be poised to deliver his third big hit following the “Iron Man”
films in 2008 and 2010 that combined for a billion-dollar success. This
new film puts him at the point-position of a behind-the-camera team that includes producers Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and executive producer Steven Spielberg
Favreau said details are being put in place for the premiere, and
that he would have more to say very soon. San Diego has been especially
kind to the filmmaker, and he had shown a flair for showmanship and fan connection that (along with his acting career) has earned him more than a million followers on Twitter. There will be serious logistical challenges ahead — it won’t be easy
to carve out a spot for a world premiere amid the madness and din of
Comic-Con week — but Favreau knows the San Diego rodeo better than
anyone in Hollywood.
“That’s where it all started, and I want to give back,” he said. “They should have the opportunity to see it first.”

Roger
06-22-2011, 07:09 AM
Warner Bros. Television Group announced Tuesday the
schedule for Comic-Con International: San Diego, with 16 series added to the
roster for the convention, as well as a booth set up for signings, special
events and fan giveaways.

The studio will bring the stars and producers of The Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Fringe, Nikita, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Childrens
Hospital and new series Alcatraz,
Person of Interest, The Secret Circle to the convention, with sneak peek premieres of the new shows on preview night.
Warner Bros. Animation will also bring The Green Lantern: The Animated Series, The Looney Tunes Show, MAD, Scooby-Doo!
Mystery Incorporated, ThunderCats and Young Justice to the convention.

The WBTV's 3,000 square-foot space at the convention will
include autograph signings, interactive kiosks featuring video games from
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

The TV series schedule is below.

Friday, July 22

MAD: 10:00-11:00 a.m., Room 25ABC
The Big Bang Theory: 12:30-1:30 p.m., Ballroom 20
Childrens Hospital: 1:30-2:20 p.m., Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Green Lantern: The Animated Series: 2:00-3:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
ThunderCats: 3:30-4:30 p.m., Room 6A

Saturday, July 23

Chuck: 10:00-10:45 a.m., Ballroom 20
The Vampire Diaries: 3:30-4:15 p.m., Ballroom 20
Fringe: 4:15-5:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
Alcatraz: 5:00-6:00 p.m., Ballroom 20
The Secret Circle: 5:10-6:00 p.m., Room 6BCF
Nikita: 6:00-6:45 p.m., Room 6BCF
Person of Interest: 6:45-7:30 p.m., Room 6BCF

Sunday, July 24

Young Justice: 10:00-11:00 a.m., Room 7AB
Supernatural: 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., Hall H
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated: 1:00-2:00 p.m., Room 6A
The Looney Tunes Show: 2:15-3:15 p.m., Room 6A

Roger
06-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Attention, "Twilight" fans: Summit Entertainment announced Tuesday (June 14) via the "Twilight" Facebook page that "Breaking Dawn - Part 1" will play a significant role in the studio's presentation at San Diego Comic-Con this year.
"The studio will host one of the first panels of the day in Hall H on Thursday, July 21st dedicated to 'The Twilight Saga' franchise,"
Summit's statement reads. "Fans interested in the story's final chapters will be shown exclusive footage from 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1' and be treated to a filmmaker and cast Q&A session
providing details on the first half of the epic two part finale, in
theatres November 18, 2011."
We don't know which castmembers will be in attendance yet, but
because July 21 is still a ways away, we imagine Summit will release a
few more details as the epic comic and pop-culture convention
approaches.
For those who have been following "Twilight" since the beginning, you will likely remember that Comic-Con 2008 was the first time the cast appeared together in public, creating a
frenzy so big and shocking that other media outlets in addition to MTV
News finally realized how serious the fans were about the soon-to-be
blockbuster and its stars.
In 2009, the stars were back for more, and their popularity had
grown considerably, leading to mile-long lines outside Hall H, where
their panels were to take place. The three lead actors — Robert
Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner — admitted that the convention was still an intimidating place. The rest of the massive cast was also on hand for a series of appearances around San Diego, along with unveiling a slew of "New Moon" and "Twilight"-specific merchandise.
Last year, Comic-Con was without any major "Twilight" action
since "Eclipse" had been released already and production on "Breaking
Dawn" had yet to begin.

Roger
06-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Rey Mysterio will be appearing at Mattel's booth at the San Diego Comic Con on July 21st
at 1pm in San Diego, California at the San Diego Convention Center.

Kane and Kelly Kelly will be appearing the next day, July 22nd, from
11am until 12pm. Cody Rhodes and Alicia Fox will be appearing at the
Mattel booth on July 23rd from 11am until 12pm.

It sounds like Bret Hart will also be joining Mattel at the San Diego
Comic Con also as he mentioned it on Twitter. Bret's dates and times
have not been announced yet.

- The Wrestling Observer reports that former WWE star Tajiri's SMASH
promotion in Japan had a match on June 9th with two women wrestlers,
Kana and Lin Byron, where the loser would have to show the crowd their
bare breasts. Byron lost the match but when she took her top off, kept
her bra on and would not flash the crowd. The stipulation did help as
they drew 100-200 more fans than usual.

capntightpants
06-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Wonder when the official schedule gets posted..

Roger
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Marvel had a huge presence at last year’s Comic Con — the studio basically owned the cavernous Hall H thanks to presentations that showed off footage from Thor and Captain America, and a stunt that confirmed Joss Whedon as director of The Avengers while bringing the film’s topline cast together on the big stage.

So how does Marvel follow that? Easy: it doesn’t. We more or less knew that Marvel was likely to skip Hall H this year and now the studio has confirmed that it will not bring a big panel to the Con.

This doesn’t mean that Marvel won’t be at the Con at all, of course. Its Comic Con, and Marvel will have a big booth on the floor, where it will probably unveil a prop or two from The Avengers, and the LA Times reports that there could be a big off-site event — likely something related to Captain America, as that film opens during the Con. And Marvel characters will still be present thanks to Sony’s planned The Amazing Spider-Man presentation. I’d be surprised if we didn’t see the Ghost Rider sequel as well.

This makes sense, and could suggest two things. One, that the company isn’t ready to unveil projects that are planned beyond Iron Man 3. The other could be that new Marvel parent company Disney wants to hold the big Marvel announcements for its own event, the D23 Expo, which is planned for an August 19 kick-off. (A move similar to the way Nintendo used to avoid the Tokyo Game Show in favor of its own Nintendo World show.) That D23 Expo will also see the unveiling of John Carter and The Lone Ranger.

Roger
07-07-2011, 11:38 AM
http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/07/07/dc-releases-full-comic-con-schedule-with-a-new-52-panel-each-day/

http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/07/07/comic-con-countdown-thursday-programming-has-arrived/