PDA

View Full Version : Free 1 Month Subscription to Marvel Digital Comics!

Kirblar
06-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Got alerted to this on NeoGAF, if you use the promo code CAP734, you don't even have to put in your credit card info! :eek: (Offer expires 7/31/11 @11:59PM ET. Valid for new subs only & not for gifts.)

https://subscriptions.marvel.com/v3/pages/pg_digitalcomicssubscribe.php

GrandeMaestro Fünke
06-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info. I've been seriously considering trying it out for about a month now.

GrandeMaestro Fünke
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Just trying it out. Can't say I like the panel movement thing. Is there any way just view a single page on my screen and scroll down instead of it transitioning from panel to panel?

EDIT: Figured it out. It's preferences and single panel.

Matt C. Linton
06-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Now I remember what I hate about Marvel's digital service. I decide I want to read the entire X-Force/X-Statix run by Pete Milligan since it looks like they have the whole thing. Only, they don't. They haven't uploaded the sixth issue, but they've uploaded EVERY OTHER ISSUE IN THE SERIES. That's just obnoxious.

Tim Simmons
06-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Just played around with it for two seconds-- I can't use this to look at comics on my Iphone?
So...it's a month long subscription to Marvel Comic Unlimited...limited?

Ego Lives!
06-16-2011, 04:07 PM
While there's alot of kinks and they have some serious problems with what is available, there's so much out there that I feel it is worth it for what you're able to find. For example, both of features of Tales to Astonish all the way up to it's change over to Incredible Hulk is pretty damn nice. Walt Simonson's entire run of Thor is up there, as is The Eternals AND the Eternals Saga in the pages of Thor. A good bit of it is what has been collected already, and once you figure out how to toggle between panel and page view, it works out pretty well. I stopped reading a couple of Essential volumes I was working on when I discovered the issues were all up there instead. Dave Cockrum is alot more effective in color.

IPeacock
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Thank you for the heads up!
I just reread Captain Britain, and now I'm digging in to PAD's Captain MArvel and Xfactor.

The viewer works best on single page view, while uses the mouse to grab and drag the page up and down.

Anybody have any good recommendations?

The Angel Revelations series is up in full, the last time I had a subscription they only has two issue. Amazing artwork and great covers.

Matt C. Linton
06-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Thank you for the heads up!
I just reread Captain Britain, and now I'm digging in to PAD's Captain MArvel and Xfactor.

The viewer works best on single page view, while uses the mouse to grab and drag the page up and down.

Anybody have any good recommendations?

The Angel Revelations series is up in full, the last time I had a subscription they only has two issue. Amazing artwork and great covers.

Looking around, I did notice that they have the full run of Ellis/Immonen's Nextwave. It's pretty awesome.

Bill Nolan
06-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Just played around with it for two seconds-- I can't use this to look at comics on my Iphone?
So...it's a month long subscription to Marvel Comic Unlimited...limited?

Same here, except I tried to view it on my iPad through the Marvel Comics app. So weird that Marvel has two incompatible ways of viewing its digital comics. My actual computer is so damn old that viewing them through my browser is way too slow.

hamgravy
06-17-2011, 05:26 AM
THX! And thanks for the great reading suggestions so far...

Ryudo
06-17-2011, 05:34 AM
Is there a web browser interface for this/anything to download? I'd love to be able to read at work between calls. :D

GrandeMaestro Fünke
06-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Is there a web browser interface for this/anything to download? I'd love to be able to read at work between calls. :D

I didn't have to download anything.

And now I started reading X-Staix after it was mentioned in this thread. Issue's 10-17 are missing, which is very annoying.

Kurt Russell Crowe
06-17-2011, 10:56 AM
just read Wolverine#1....pretty awesome find!

Jim Schnobrich
06-17-2011, 11:03 AM
I've said it tons of times on this board but I'll say it again - I love Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited. Reading is easy, the comics look great and it's a great value. I'll agree that the random missing issues is pretty annoying but there are still a lot of other complete runs on there. I read the entire Benids / Maleev Daredevil on MDCU.

Maestro
06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I recommend the wonderful X-23 miniseries

http://marvel.com/digital_comics/issue/182/x-23_2005_1
http://marvel.com/digital_comics/issue/4821/x-23_target_x_2006_1

Matt C. Linton
06-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I didn't have to download anything.

And now I started reading X-Staix after it was mentioned in this thread. Issue's 10-17 are missing, which is very annoying.

1 - 16 of X-Statix are on there.

RoShambo
06-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh. :Oops:

I meant to post this code a few days ago.

It's from the 7up Captain America game.

Pex
06-17-2011, 12:32 PM
As someone who has never really investigated the possibility of Digital Comics before, I have to admit Marvel's Digital Unlimited service sounds pretty dang good. I could read a bunch of comics I don't have for free (and then for a small monthly fee afterward). Does DC offer a similar service, or are they simply "buy each book in order to read it"?

GrandeMaestro Fünke
06-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Anyone have some recommendations on shorter runs to read through this? Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm reading X-Statix, and I'm also making my way through early X-Men and Spider-Man, but I was looking for something more recent as well. I've already read Nextwave, Exiles, Cable/Deadpool in print, but I was thinking of something self-contained like that.

IPeacock
06-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Anyone have some recommendations on shorter runs to read through this? Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm reading X-Statix, and I'm also making my way through early X-Men and Spider-Man, but I was looking for something more recent as well. I've already read Nextwave, Exiles, Cable/Deadpool in print, but I was thinking of something self-contained like that.

Captain Britain and MI3 is 15 issues long and awesome.
Infinity Gaunlet and War are also up.

GrandeMaestro Fünke
06-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Captain Britain and MI3 is 15 issues long and awesome.
Infinity Gaunlet and War are also up.

Actually a big Captain Britain and MI13 fan, have all the issues. Will definitely check out the Infinity books.

IPeacock
06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Actually a big Captain Britain and MI13 fan, have all the issues. Will definitely check out the Infinity books.

I'm reading them now. I actually haven't read them since they first came out. Totally forgot the Perez drew this.