PDA

View Full Version : Philly is teeming with fine black men aka WW Philly

dasNdanger
06-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Just sayin'.

das

SteveFlack
06-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Your usual fetishes have done a complete 180.

dasNdanger
06-15-2011, 09:06 PM

I try. ;)

das

The Hodag
06-15-2011, 09:10 PM

You know what this means:

Evil Mirror Universe Das!

Roman Noodles
06-15-2011, 09:17 PM

............ I'm scared. Hold me.

dasNdanger
06-15-2011, 09:33 PM

Perhaps I should change my name to Sad... ;)

............ I'm scared. Hold me.

Okay, here ya go!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/Cobb.jpg

:)

das

Spidey616
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Already knew that from the theme song to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ;)

Roman Noodles
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Okay, here ya go!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/dasNdanger/Cobb.jpg

das

Oh yes. That'll work for now.

cPol
06-16-2011, 02:59 AM
"Teeming" is one of those words that I like that doesn't get much use. Good on ya, das.

Akira
06-16-2011, 03:43 AM
Awww thanks, you're so sweet!

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Jinxworld

afroloq
06-16-2011, 04:52 AM
hol' up...just because she likes black men makes her evil?

That's racist.

dasNdanger
06-16-2011, 05:27 AM
Already knew that from the theme song to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ;)

Will is a cutie. :)

Oh yes. That'll work for now.

You're like the Evil Mirror Universe KeithP. ;)

"Teeming" is one of those words that I like that doesn't get much use. Good on ya, das.

I use it a lot...must be my generation. :p

Awww thanks, you're so sweet!

I really need to get into the city more... :)

In all seriousness, I met some really great people last night. Everyone was pleasant and smiley and just really nice...and very nice looking. :) It was like I somehow drove over the Ben Franklin, and ended up in LA. In fact, the only totally :sick: guy I saw was this skinny older white dude who - I believe - had slit his wrists.

hol' up...just because she likes black men makes her evil?

That's racist.

Of course it does! They can't handle me liking something normal! :D

das

afroloq
06-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Will is a cutie. :)

You're like the Evil Mirror Universe KeithP. ;)

I use it a lot...must be my generation. :p

I really need to get into the city more... :)

In all seriousness, I met some really great people last night. Everyone was pleasant and smiley and just really nice...and very nice looking. :) It was like I somehow drove over the Ben Franklin, and ended up in LA. In fact, the only totally :sick: guy I saw was this skinny older white dude who - I believe - had slit his wrists.

Of course it does! They can't handle me liking something normal! :D

das

Normal you say???? NORMAL??? What's that supposed to mean?

(BTW, We will be in Philly at the con this weekend...)

dasNdanger
06-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Normal you say???? NORMAL??? What's that supposed to mean?

Uh....oh. :scared:

(BTW, We will be in Philly at the con this weekend...)

I might try to go - I just didn't pre-purchase tickets so I hope it's not sold out. I might have to go back to the city anyway (for personal reasons), but if I can make it a twofer I will. :) I'll keep in mind that - at WWPhilly - NO one is 'normal'. ;)

das

Fourthman
06-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Midtown court is teeming with fined, black men.

dasNdanger
06-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Midtown court is teeming with fined, black men.

Is that in Midtown Comics out of NYC? A couple years back they hooked me up with some geek-stuff, then I ordered more on-line right after... nice, helpful bunch of guys.

das

EDIT: NEVERmind. I was thinking WWPhilly - you are, undoubtedly, talking about criminals. :nonono2:

Heroic Age Moe
06-16-2011, 08:18 AM
What days you guys going to WW Philly? I'm shooting for Friday but it's kinda up in the air still.

capntightpants
06-16-2011, 08:25 AM
http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/4778/boyz-ii-men-74191.jpg

....and all the Philly steaks you can eat.

afroloq
06-16-2011, 08:31 AM
@Moe

Saturday...and I will look "normal". So you may or may not recognize me...just dont pull a Jermaine and side eye me as you walk by...if you think you recognize me...speak....I won't kill ya!!!

6'4" Black guy with long locs traveling with a equally tall lady with locs and an equally tall bald headed dude...hehehehe

I MAY have on a T Shirt with an Avengers cover on it.

Heroic Age Moe
06-16-2011, 08:33 AM
@Moe

Saturday...and I will look "normal". So you may or may not recognize me...just dont pull a Jermaine and side eye me as you walk by...if you think you recognize me...speak....I won't kill ya!!!

6'4" Black guy with long locs traveling with a equally tall lady with locs and an equally tall bald headed dude...hehehehe

:( I can't go Saturday

Marc Lombardi
06-16-2011, 08:41 AM
@Moe

Odds are there will also be a 5'11" chubby white guy with a soul patch with them.

afroloq
06-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Odds are there will also be a 5'11" chubby white guy with a soul patch with them.

Sounds like a plan!

Benbo meetup?????

dasNdanger
06-16-2011, 08:47 AM

:lol:

And if I'm there, I'll be Wolverine. I don't even need a costume! :D

:scared:

das

Marc Lombardi
06-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Sounds like a plan!

Benbo meetup?????

Definitely.

Queen of the Ban Age
06-16-2011, 08:49 AM
You HAD to go and post Keith Hamilton Cobb, didn't you?

I used to like it when he was on All My Children. They made up excuses to show him shirtless.

HOOKS
06-16-2011, 09:13 AM

Back in school we used to dream about this every day.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2124/44/46/35801921/n35801921_32715208_6629.jpg

Masculine Todd
06-16-2011, 09:33 AM

This is the best post.

Masculine Todd
06-16-2011, 09:34 AM

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2124/44/46/35801921/n35801921_32715208_6629.jpg

I used to have such a crush on Nathan, so it's pretty cool to see how well he's aged. Definitely would.

HOOKS
06-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I used to have such a crush on Nathan, so it's pretty cool to see how well he's aged. Definitely would.

What about the dude second from right? :heybaby:

Kedd
06-16-2011, 09:45 AM
das is all about the extremes.

Heroic Age Moe
06-16-2011, 10:25 AM
You WW Saturday peeps! About what time you thinking of hitting it?

capntightpants
06-16-2011, 10:36 AM

HOOKS, how low can you sing? I heard Mike is out, and you don't look so out of place....

afroloq
06-16-2011, 10:40 AM

I like to hit it when I can, man....hehehe

*BANGBANGBANG*

Oh..wait what time??? Around 10 or so.

dasNdanger
06-16-2011, 11:04 AM
You HAD to go and post Keith Hamilton Cobb, didn't you?

I used to like it when he was on All My Children. They made up excuses to show him shirtless.

Darnit. I knew there was a reason I shoulda been watching soaps... :)

das

HOOKS
06-16-2011, 11:32 AM
HOOKS, how low can you sing? I heard Mike is out, and you don't look so out of place....

Potentially working on a podcast this weekend (I heard it's the hip thing to do). You may just find out!

Caley Tibbittz
06-16-2011, 11:46 AM
My parody thread title would be "Iron Fist is teaming with fine black man".

Masculine Todd
06-16-2011, 12:09 PM
What about the dude second from right? :heybaby:

I thought that goes without saying!

Roman Noodles
06-16-2011, 12:14 PM
My parody thread title would be "Iron Fist is teaming with fine black man".

*slow clap*

Marc Lombardi
06-16-2011, 04:31 PM
From the very beginning to the very end. If you think you'll make it I'll send you my cell number so you can text/call me when you get there.

dasNdanger
06-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Today, Philly was teeming with fine black men, lovely ladies, and a little Italian guy. :)

Had a great time, guys!

das

Roman Noodles
06-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Today, Philly was teeming with fine black men, lovely ladies, and a little Italian guy. :)

Had a great time, guys!

das

Which one were you?

afroloq
06-18-2011, 08:18 PM

Had a great time, guys!

das

das' hubby is funny as hell...nothing like a guy who can wookie howl to ahhhnuld to klingon in less that 2 mins....pics coming laterz...including a few "how NOT to cosplay" ...you have to see and decide for yourselves.

dasNdanger
06-19-2011, 04:52 AM
Which one were you?

You'll soon see. I was the midget with the moon face. :p I really hate having my picture taken.

das' hubby is funny as hell...nothing like a guy who can wookie howl to ahhhnuld to klingon in less that 2 mins....pics coming laterz...including a few "how NOT to cosplay" ...you have to see and decide for yourselves.

Hubby is walking on air today, ever since Julia Benson (Stargate Universe's Lt. James) said he was handsome. He's going to be impossible to live with now. :roll:

And you don't know how freaky it is to see your husband and this 6'4" dude in dreads wookie-talking to each other. I was about to tell you guys to get a room! ;)

das

Foolish Mortal
06-19-2011, 05:50 AM
Hubby is walking on air today, ever since Julia Benson (Stargate Universe's Lt. James) said he was handsome. He's going to be impossible to live with now. :roll:
You mean Lt. McChesty? Yes, I'd be walking on air too if she said that to me. :p

dasNdanger
06-19-2011, 06:10 AM
You mean Lt. McChesty? Yes, I'd be walking on air too if she said that to me. :p

Yeah. Mr. Das was going on about how she pressed her boobies against him when they had their picture taken. And then he had to mention to her the part in Universe when McKay was staring at her boobs, and she told him to look at her eyes...and I scolded him about that. He said, 'I was looking her in the eye the entire time!'

That all said - Julia is so much more than her figure. She is GREAT! Fun, and funny! Beautiful smile, very nice, and she even said I was charming...which I'm pretty sure is code for 'nuts'. :) Both Julia and Alaina Huffman were fantastic - very down-to-earth and friendly and I'm so glad I made it a point to meet them.

das

ShortStack
06-19-2011, 01:36 PM
uno-Awesome seeing you, Das :D!! And Marc, you're always awesome. But you knew that.

dos-Jesus Christ Afroloq is tall. You should put radio transmitters in your dreads, dude. Great meeting you!

tres-
Yeah like, this happened.
http://tinyurl.com/3k568aa

Roman Noodles
06-19-2011, 01:38 PM
tres-
yeah like, this happened.

bad.ass.

dasNdanger
06-19-2011, 02:41 PM
uno-Awesome seeing you, Das :D!! And Marc, you're always awesome. But you knew that.

dos-Jesus Christ Afroloq is tall. You should put radio transmitters in your dreads, dude. Great meeting you!

tres-
Yeah like, this happened.

Ha! Awesome!

It was great seeing you, too! It was a nice surprise since I still thought you were in Norway, so it kinda freaked me out in a good way. :D

Ya know, it was just a great day all around. Seeing you, S-Pimp, Afroloq and his beautiful lady (who was just terrific, too - and funny!) and their friends, meeting Ethan Van Sciver, seeing Bryan J. L. Glass again, and meeting Julia Benson and Alaina Huffman from Stargate Universe (both lovely ladies), then going down to South Street with friends and eating a great burger and DEEP FRIED OREOS...which we WRAPPED IN BACON! :drool: ... guuuuuuh! Not much could top the day we had yesterday! Thanks to everyone for making it so much fun! :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

das

ShortStack
06-19-2011, 03:15 PM
@das I am so glad I held out until Sunday and scored the free photo op shot instead of jumping in the line on Saturday when I noticed them and started fangirling out. I have two glosses of that shot now, one is getting framed and the other one I have no idea. I might burn it in incense to incur violent revenge on my enemies.

dasNdanger
06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
@das I am so glad I held out until Sunday and scored the free photo op shot instead of jumping in the line on Saturday when I noticed them and started fangirling out. I have two glosses of that shot now, one is getting framed and the other one I have no idea. I might burn it in incense to incur violent revenge on my enemies.

One for home, one for office? Or ex-boy/girlfriend?

I was just watching America's Funniest Vids, and this little kid got attacked by a white rabbit that bit him and hung on...and you know I just busted out laughing! It had 'sharp, pointy teeth!' :)

das

Marc Lombardi
06-19-2011, 04:54 PM
It was great seeing fellow boarders shortstack, afroloq and das at the show. I was only there on Saturday and just now realized that I never ran into Bryan Glass the whole day which makes me sad. I didn't hit a single panel or get any autographs but instead ran into a bunch of other local friends throughout the day. I spent time with my buddy John Hebert who was set up in Artists Alley, got an amazing Cassie Hack sketch from the board's own Brent "Peeplesart" Peeples, had great conversations with Kevin McGuire and Ryan Bodenheim and picked up a couple trades I was looking for at half price. It's definitely a different con from what it used to be years ago. Certainly not a comic con anymore, but as long as I keep seeing friends I'll keep going.

dasNdanger
06-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Marc, thanks to your tip about the discounted trades up at the front (and a little help from Mike Raicht), Mr. Das managed to pick up all the Annihilation trades at 1/2 price. He is SO happy! :D

And I never found Peeples. :(

Also, Marc...you know how I was going on about how my albino thing is all an act just when that rather pallid fella walked by? Exactly how obvious was I? :p :surrend:

das

afroloq
06-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Here are a few pics and the rest you guys can see on the link below!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/afroloq/Wizard%20World%20-%20Philadelphia/ee839537.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/afroloq/Wizard%20World%20-%20Philadelphia/6ae3206a.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/afroloq/Wizard%20World%20-%20Philadelphia/e52df23d.jpg
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/afroloq/Wizard%20World%20-%20Philadelphia/#!cpZZ7QQtppZZ20

and trust me, there was a LOT of cosplay gone wrong...I'm just saying...

Marc Lombardi
06-20-2011, 03:44 AM
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc43/afroloq/Wizard%20World%20-%20Philadelphia/6ae3206a.jpg

Man...my grays are really starting to pop. I'm gonna look like Reed Richards soon. :(

dasNdanger
06-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Man...my grays are really starting to pop. I'm gonna look like Reed Richards soon. :(

Don't worry about your grays...if I was bald, I'd be a thumbhead! :p

das

afroloq
06-20-2011, 07:02 AM
...ah...there was a time when I was bald...

dasNdanger
06-20-2011, 07:23 AM
...ah...there was a time when I was bald...

When you were born? :)

das

ShortStack
06-20-2011, 12:25 PM
You had to stoop down so far for my picture.

Akira
06-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Damn, I'm really sorry I missed it this year. :-(

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Jinxworld

dasNdanger
06-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Damn, I'm really sorry I missed it this year. :-(

Wish you were there, too. :( The place was crazy-packed, and I was sorta bouncing off the walls because it was way too much stimulation for this country mouse. :p I don't remember going to a con in Philly that was this packed. Worst part was that they didn't have any tables up to eat at, so we got lunch and had try to find an empty spot to sit on the floor without fear of trampling.

I can't begin to say how great it was to finally meet Chewie...I mean, afroloq. ;) Just as nice in real life as he is here...and Mrs. afroloq, too. What's nice about meeting folks at the con is that it helps put the personality behind the username, which helps you to understand where they're coming from. For instance, hopefully now folks will realize that when I blurt out something stupid here, there's no evil intent involved...it's just me being retarded. (I'm pretty sure it's okay to call yourself retarded. If not, I'm totally screwed. :p )

das

afroloq
06-21-2011, 06:03 AM
You had to stoop down so far for my picture.

Hey...that's not my fault!