PDA

View Full Version : Do Peak Humans Poop Less?

Kedd
06-15-2011, 09:45 AM
So here's a question: In comics, peak humans are supposed to be at the upper limits of human physical ability, which suggests that their bodies are more efficient with regards to the various functions required to maintain itself.
That being said: Do peak humans poop less? If their bodies are more efficient, it stands to reason that they use fuel better and produce less waste, which would mean they poop and pee less than us poor slobs. I would like DC and Marvel to address this very soon, otherwise my 20 plus years of reading comics will be considered worthless and I will whine about Joe Quesada raping my child hood.

Ashwin Pande
06-15-2011, 09:46 AM
You eat less you poop less.

Forrest
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
When Reed Richards poops, each stool stretches to 20 feet.

DaveCummings
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Kedd, you should know better. Questions like that should be formatted with a link to your blog post about that while asking Bendis what he thinks about it.

Kedd
06-15-2011, 09:51 AM
You eat less you poop less.
Regardless of amount, would a peak human poop less when compared to a normal human that has consumed relatively the same amount of food?

Kedd, you should know better. Questions like that should be formatted with a link to your blog post about that while asking Bendis what he thinks about it.
I have failed :( I should retitle this thread "Bendis is racist against poop, please work with me T.R.I.B.A.L."

Kedd
06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
And also, is it harder or easier for a peak human to get drunk? It seems like it should be easier to get them initially drunk but that they would sober up more quickly as well. Do we have any biologists on the board? Isn't Ben some kind of mad scientist? Someone get him in here.

BriRedfern
06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
And also, is it harder or easier for a peak human to get drunk? It seems like it should be easier to get them initially drunk but that they would sober up more quickly as well. Do we have any biologists on the board? Isn't Ben some kind of mad scientist? Someone get him in here.

Is your question about super bees? No?

Jason California
06-15-2011, 09:56 AM
I am sure Flash shits more than us no matter what based on the sheer volume of food he eats. I don't think Superman shits.

Kedd
06-15-2011, 09:57 AM
I really need to know the answers to these questions. Why hasn't there been a 7 issue mini-series cross over between DC and Marvel that explains, in detail, the bathroom habits of their characters? That's bullshit. That is total bullshit.

SteveFlack
06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Crisis on Infinite Toilets.

Forrest
06-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I really need to know the answers to these questions. Why hasn't there been a 7 issue mini-series cross over between DC and Marvel that explains, in detail, the bathroom habits of their characters? That's bullshit. That is total bullshit.

Ultimate Two Heroes, One Cup?

Kedd
06-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Guys, I don't think you understand how important it is that we, as readers, are made of aware of this information. How long are we going to let the big two keep this from us?

SteveFlack
06-15-2011, 10:03 AM
How does the DC Reboot affect their characters pooping situations?

Kedd
Ultimate Two Heroes, One Cup?
Sounds like something the Beyonder would instigate.

Forrest
Poop Itself

Secret Shit

Crisis on Two Toilets

Civil Pee

HOOKS
It needs to be told in several events over the course of half a decade.

TOILETS DISASSEMBLED
HOUSE OF SHAT
CIVIL POOP
EXCREMENT INVASION
DARK STOOL
SHIT SIEGE

Kedd
06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
How does the DC Reboot affect their characters pooping situations?
This is a good question, and I'm glad to see you are taking this seriously.

Kedd
06-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Poop Itself

Secret Shit

Crisis on Two Toilets

Civil Pee
Secret Shit sounds like a frat prank involving the toilet tank.

Dan
06-15-2011, 10:36 AM
[rob lowe]Stop. Pooping[/rob lowe]

If Chris can do it on Parks & Rec, then so can Captain America.

Ashwin Pande
06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
It needs to be told in several events over the course of half a decade.

TOILETS DISASSEMBLED
HOUSE OF SHAT
CIVIL POOP
EXCREMENT INVASION
DARK STOOL
SHIT SIEGE

HOUSE OF SHAT sounds like a reality show starring William Shatner.

Kedd
06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I would occasionally watch that show.

dasNdanger
06-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Interestingly, Moorcock has said that Elric and those of his race, the Melniboneans, don't poop at all. Some interesting discussions have been had in this regard.

das

Ben
06-15-2011, 10:50 AM
I bet Power Girl's poops are HUGE.

Kedd
06-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Interestingly, Moorcock has said that Elric and those of his race, the Melniboneans, don't poop at all. Some interesting discussions have been had in this regard.

das
His name is Moorcock....

Kedd
06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I imagine Bruce Banner eats a lot more as the Hulk than he does as Bruce. If he is in the process of pooping as the hulk and suddenly reverts to Bruce, would the hulk sized poop tear him a new one and possibly dislocate his hip? Or does his poop change size also?

capntightpants
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
They poop more often. Their bodies are so efficient that they are very regular.

However, they also poop less in total. Their bodies are so efficient that it uses most of what they eat.

Kedd
06-15-2011, 10:57 AM

However, they also poop less in total. Their bodies are so efficient that it uses most of what they eat.
But why would they poop more often? If they're more efficient shouldn't the poop less often as well has producing a smaller total volume of poop per poop session?

HOOKS

Can people poop in space?

dasNdanger
His name is Moorcock....

Yes, yes it is. Jealous?

das

Kedd
06-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes, yes it is. Jealous?

das
Depends on if it's a statement or a request I suppose.

The Clone Ranger
06-15-2011, 11:01 AM
I think Reed Richards had to install a special vacuum-based toilet for the Human Torch. His flaming poops would probably detonate if he dropped them into water.

That is, if he weren't dead.

tonym
06-15-2011, 11:08 AM

This is most accurate. If your body is performing at its peak you should be pooping 3 times a day (give or take and allowing 24 hours for every meal.) Your poops would be smaller though since you're hypotheticaly eating healthier and your body is absorbing all the good stuff.

dasNdanger
06-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Depends on if it's a statement or a request I suppose.

It's quite embarrassing when you go into a bookstore and say, "I'm looking for Moorcock"...which I have done, without thinking. :p

das

Urgur the Gurgur
06-15-2011, 11:16 AM
It's quite embarrassing when you go into a bookstore and say, "I'm looking for Moorcock"...which I have done, without thinking. :p

das

Be honest. You do it on purpose, just to see the look on the bookseller's face.

Forrest
06-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Just how big are the shits Galactus takes?

...I mean the dude eats planets.

jamestolliver
06-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Digestion (especially with carbohydrates, some fatty acids, and vitamin absorption) and feces is heavily regulated by flora (mainly bacteria but also some fungi) in your gut. They certainly would not poop less. Poop is what the human body, generally, can't use! If a peak human can somehow use that stuff then they are no longer peak human, they are super human!

Kedd
06-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Digestion (especially with carbohydrates, some fatty acids, and vitamin absorption) and feces is heavily regulated by flora (mainly bacteria but also some fungi) in your gut. They certainly would not poop less. Poop is what the human body, generally, can't use! If a peak human can somehow use that stuff then they are no longer peak human, they are super human!
So do Super Human's poop less?

chazbot
06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Why no poll?

Kedd
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Why no poll?
You mean a log, don't you?

chazbot
06-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Peak Humans poop the same but don't require the use of toilet paper to wipe.

WhindamPryce
06-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I imagine Bruce Banner eats a lot more as the Hulk than he does as Bruce. If he is in the process of pooping as the hulk and suddenly reverts to Bruce, would the hulk sized poop tear him a new one and possibly dislocate his hip? Or does his poop change size also?

Unstable molecules.

That's all you really need to know.

jamestolliver
06-15-2011, 12:05 PM
So do Super Human's poop less?

Only if they have a different kind of digestive system (which given some of their energy outputs probably seems likely) or have somehow altered the bacteria in their gut or are some kind of weird autotroph/have another mechanism for gaining energy.

chazbot
06-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Only if they have a different kind of digestive system (which given some of their energy outputs probably seems likely) or have somehow altered the bacteria in their gut or are some kind of weird autotroph/have another mechanism for gaining energy.

See, Cyclops doesn't poop because it's converted into his eye beams. Very scientific process.

dasNdanger
06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
What a shitty discussion.

das

jamestolliver
06-15-2011, 12:11 PM
See, Cyclops doesn't poop because it's converted into his eye beams. Very scientific process.

That probably makes more sense then his eyes acting as an inter-dimensional gateways to an energy universe or something.

What I'm saying is, Cyclops definitely poops out of his eyes.

capntightpants
06-15-2011, 12:40 PM
But why would they poop more often? If they're more efficient shouldn't the poop less often as well has producing a smaller total volume of poop per poop session?

To quickly dispose of the unneeded waste in their body which weighs them down! Keeps their body clean and pristine at all times!

The Clone Ranger
06-15-2011, 01:04 PM

I bet Justice League members have a teleporter installed in their rectums to beam the poop away!

HOOKS
06-15-2011, 01:39 PM
That probably makes more sense then his eyes acting as an inter-dimensional gateways to an energy universe or something.

What I'm saying is, Cyclops definitely poops out of his eyes.

Cyclops. Leader of the X-Men. Every time he looks at you, he's shitting on you and you don't even know it.

Wigner's Friend
06-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Bendis has proven Peak Humans poop blue.

Kedd
06-15-2011, 02:25 PM
To quickly dispose of the unneeded waste in their body which weighs them down! Keeps their body clean and pristine at all times!
I'll buy that argument. For now...for now.

I bet Justice League members have a teleporter installed in their rectums to beam the poop away!
That'd be kind of cool.

capntightpants
06-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Cyclops. Leader of the X-Men. Every time he looks at you, he's shitting on you and you don't even know it.

"Shitted on 'em (Optic Blast Remix) featuring Cyclops"

c. page
06-15-2011, 03:18 PM

So THAT'S what the capes are for!

GelfXIII
06-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Fecal Wars, where Spidey gets his Brown costume.
Deucimation
On-scat

Kedd
06-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Fecal Wars, where Spidey gets his Brown costume.
Deucimation
On-scat
That had me laughing :lol: