PDA

View Full Version : I inadvertently tripped Saturday Night

Gordon Chumway
06-15-2011, 05:08 AM
I came home from work at midnight and had to return at 6 am (I took a shift to help out another manager).

I took two off- brand ibuprofen pm, had a beer and went to bed. 45 minutes later I was wide awake, really antsy about not being able to sleep.

I took a hit from my wife's K2 which is a marijuana substitute, thinking it would mellow me out.

30 minutes later I am hallucinating, shaking about how my life is crumbling around me, everyone hates me and how I am ruining the lives of everyone I know. That continued for 4 more hours with my wife listening to me talk gibberish.

Worst night of my life, ever. I did not go to work for two days.

BriRedfern
06-15-2011, 05:21 AM
I came home from work at midnight and had to return at 6 am (I took a shift to help out another manager).

I took two off- brand ibuprofen pm, had a beer and went to bed. 45 minutes later I was wide awake, really antsy about not being able to sleep.

I took a hit from my wife's K2 which is a marijuana substitute, thinking it would mellow me out.

30 minutes later I am hallucinating, shaking about how my life is crumbling around me, everyone hates me and how I am ruining the lives of everyone I know. That continued for 4 more hours with my wife listening to me talk gibberish.

Worst night of my life, ever. I did not go to work for two days.

Interesting. I would pay extra for the K2 your wife gets.

Gordon Chumway
06-15-2011, 05:24 AM

Right, ten years ago I would have loved to know this combination. As a 34 year old father and husband it was very unwelcome.

MrClown
06-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Man, that faux marijuana is bad news. The shit they used to sell down here might as well be carpet.

Matt Jay
06-15-2011, 05:38 AM
Charlie Sheen tells us that mixing drugs is what causes issues. Like most problems, this would have been avoided if you would have listened to Charlie Sheen.

Ben
06-15-2011, 05:46 AM
Generic ibuprofen is the shit!

WhindamPryce
06-15-2011, 05:49 AM
I honestly thought this was going to be a thread about how you tripped on your shoelaces and fell down in the street or something.

What we got was a much better story. :thumb:

Gordon Chumway
06-15-2011, 05:53 AM
I honestly thought this was going to be a thread about how you tripped on your shoelaces and fell down in the street or something.

What we got was a much better story. :thumb:

When I was naming this thread, I saw this post coming :)

WhindamPryce
06-15-2011, 06:13 AM
When I was naming this thread, I saw this post coming :)

Damn. Foiled again.

Gordon Chumway
06-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Damn. Foiled again.

But see, if it hadn't happened I would have been disappointed in the board.

Keith P.
06-15-2011, 08:39 AM
I kept reading "tripped" as "stripped" which would have been a much more interesting thread.

SAVETHEB
06-15-2011, 09:15 AM
HA! Damn what is this K2 stuff?

dEnny!
06-15-2011, 09:19 AM
HA! Damn what is this K2 stuff?

Yeah, I never heard of it either, but apparently a prescribed marijuana substitute?

Gordon Chumway
06-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I never heard of it either, but apparently a prescribed marijuana substitute?

It's a marijuana substitute that doesn't show up on drug tests. Her father got it for her because she was looking for a new job. It is a virtually identical high but much cheaper. It is quickly becoming illegal on a state by state basis. I only took a hit to try and mellow out the effects the ibuprofen PM was putting me through.

BriRedfern
06-15-2011, 09:49 AM

It is a type of "incense" that cqan be smoked. The high is similar to pot, but I would not call it the same. It is sold at smoke shops, so no one is really kidding anyone about what it is. Kind of like the sniffing bath salts.

BriRedfern
06-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Right, ten years ago I would have loved to know this combination. As a 34 year old father and husband it was very unwelcome.

Yeah, I used to love to drop whatever, but I could not do it now. My head is no longer wired right for that kind of high.

Gordon Chumway
06-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I used to love to drop whatever, but I could not do it now. My head is no longer wired right for that kind of high.

Especially if you are just trying to get some sleep before an 8 hour shift of running a super target.

WhindamPryce
06-15-2011, 10:05 AM
But see, if it hadn't happened I would have been disappointed in the board.

YES! Validation!

BriRedfern
06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Especially if you are just trying to get some sleep before an 8 hour shift of running a super target.

Yeah, the unemployment, wife, child, and mortgage would doubtlessly drag me down. I can not compartmentalize like I used to.

GrandeMaestro F√ľnke
06-15-2011, 10:58 AM
When I clicked on this thread I thought you tripped, like fall down, and I was going to be all like, "Who does that purposely?" Oh well.

Forrest
06-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Ditto. :D

K2 holds JWH-018, which is chemically very similar to THC. However, JWH-018 and some similar synthetic cannabanoids bind much more tightly to receptors in your body than does THC. Technically, THC is a partial agonist whereas JWH-018 is a full agonist. This is a qualitative difference, not a quantitative or dosage difference. What this can mean is that subtle, manageable effects on THC (e.g. anxiety due to partial inhibition of GABA pathways, systems which help you naturally calm down through the sympathetic/parasympathetic system) turn in a extreme, all-or-nothing effects with JWH-018.

On a number of levels, including a psychological level this makes K2 much more intense than pot. In my experience, it's almost impossible to sleep on JWH-018 and the drug is infinitely more likely to produce paranoia than old fashioned pot. My advice if you ever freak out again on JWH-018, as crazy as this might sound, don't try to fight it, just realize the effects will fade in a few hours and until then, there's nothing you can do about it. Physical activity will help in this kind of situation. Even playing a video game is better than just sitting around battling your psyche if you're freakin out on K2. In fact, I think that's one of the best ways to deal with a bad experience.

Also, take comfort in the fact that JWH-018 has so far proven to be non-toxic even in extreme dosages. This makes it safer than alcohol.

When looking to chill out, I wouldn't recommend K2. A good indica bud is one thing but K2 is a totally different beast. Alcohol is a much better chill out drug than K2.

For safe (mentally and physically), potentially daily use, here are some non-high-inducing, natural chemical I would recommend from personal experience which are commonly taken for chilling out and/or getting to sleep:
GABA
L-tryptophan
Theanine
Melatonin

BriRedfern
06-15-2011, 11:58 AM
K2 has very, very little effect on me. Hardly noticeable really.

Forrest
06-15-2011, 12:04 PM
K2 has very, very little effect on me. Hardly noticeable really.

I never actually tried K2 itself but a number of other "spice" products before they were recently made illegal in Idaho. Some that I tried were so weak that they barely did anything to me at all. Others, one hit and I was higher than I could get from smoking an entire joint of chronic bud.

sans serif
06-15-2011, 04:14 PM
I work at a wash and fold laundromat service and found a package of K-2 in a pair of jeans once. I hadn't heard of it and decided to look it up. It seemed like bad news (apparently the accidental tripping is pretty common), so the man got it back.

What blew me away is that he paid $40 for a tiny package at an adult store.
Seems like pot is cheaper and safer.

Forrest
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Seems like pot is cheaper and safer.

Yes! A thousand times yes!