PDA

View Full Version : What is confirmed for the DCU reboot?

kavemancomics
06-11-2011, 10:52 AM
This whole DCU reboot has left me confused and a little nervous for whats to come. I'm trying to piece the Facts about this reboot together so any information thats been confirmed would greatly be appreciated.

So far I know:

Dick Grayson's time as batman has happened in this reboot and that he will be returning as Nightwing.
Damian Wayne still exists and will continue to be Robin, but with Bruce as Batman.
Barbara Gordon will go back to being Batgirl. But is The Killing Joke still canon?
Most of the Green Lantern stuff of late is canon.
Superman and Lois are not married yet.

Any other information about characters coming back to life or getting erased from continuity or storylines that are still canon will be appreciated.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
06-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Some of that stuff could be considered spoilers..

You might want to hide some of that.

BriRedfern
06-11-2011, 11:01 AM
I had not heard about this whole reboot thing. I am surprised we haven't had any threads discussing this topic yet.

Phantom Eagle
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
You may find some kindred spirits who wish to parse the entire thing months ahead of time over at the Gailbo. Wringing of hands, gnashing of teeth and tearing out huge hunks of your own hair entirely optional.

Cheers.

Ryudo
06-11-2011, 11:16 AM
If only a thread had been created regarding this information...

costello
06-11-2011, 11:47 AM
There are some sweet things going on in Flashpoint that I'll be sad to let go of, like the pirate book.

Mikie
06-11-2011, 12:25 PM
So far I'm not super psyched about how the Wildstorm integration is being handled, but that's based just on the announced titles and the cover art I've seen so far.

justjeffery
06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Im more curious as to how they're gonna change it than I am the outcome. Will it be like Wolverine after House of M where they remember everything that happened before, but these guys can actually change it this time around or if its more like the new Star Trek where they just make a tangent and we follow from there... the entire thing hinges on that for me.

Forrest
06-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Superman and Lois are not married yet.

Seriously? What the fuck?! I hated this idea when Marvel did it with Spider-man and I hate the idea of doing this with Superman. However, I have faith that we'll get a better story to explain this retro treatment.

Phantom Eagle
06-11-2011, 02:16 PM
What is confirmed is that lots of people are flipping out. Most of the rest is just rampant rumor-mongering and idle guessing.

Forrest
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
What is confirmed is that lots of people are flipping out. Most of the rest is just rampant rumor-mongering and idle guessing.

Despite my comment above, I'm very excited... in a good way. While DC has done a lot of things over the years to bug my nerd heart (e.g. screwing up Cassandra Cain's Batgirl) but on the whole, I have loved every big DCU event going back to Countdown to Infinite Crisis. (Amazons Attack doesn't count. That never happened. :p) I have immense faith in Geoff Johns and Dan DiDio and I think we're in for a great ride. Not every one of these rebooted titles is going to be a homerun but I think the overall story behind it will be a lot of fun.

Side-note: Scott Lobdell will convince me to pick up Teen Titans, a book I once loved to death but have since lost touch with it after Geoff Johns left. Considering how much I loved Lobdell's mutant books and Generation X, Lobdell on Teen Titans is like a dream for me. I'm as excited for this as I am Johns and Lee on JLA.

modungo
06-11-2011, 03:11 PM
It's confirmed that Superman's new costume is uglier than fartin' in church.

Ashwin Pande
06-11-2011, 03:24 PM
It's been confirmed that Plastic Man is now going to be called Elongated Man for copyright reasons.

It's also been confirmed that The Flash is awesome.

artimoff
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
There has been alot of confusion about DC's september output. Everyone is getting new footwear. A re boot.

NickT
06-11-2011, 04:35 PM
If only a thread had been created regarding this information...
Since some of what he posted above is new information to me and I am going in those threads, your snarkiness is pointless.

Forrest
06-11-2011, 04:39 PM
There has been alot of confusion about DC's september output. Everyone is getting new footwear. A re boot.

:lol:

Ryan Elliott
06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Seriously? What the fuck?! I hated this idea when Marvel did it with Spider-man and I hate the idea of doing this with Superman. However, I have faith that we'll get a better story to explain this retro treatment.

They might not be able to keep the rights to lois since apparently she hasn't changed all that much over the years unlike most of the other characters.

So...yeah.