PDA

View Full Version : Okay, lets talk Dragoncon Hotels...

justjeffery
06-11-2011, 10:43 AM
So im seriously contemplating going to Dragoncon so I started looking into hotel info... and everything close is sold out. Any suggestions as to other hotels that are pretty close or does anyone have a room that might want to split costs with another ?(possible a couple as my girl may or may not be coming with me.)

Treacle
06-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Wait until closer to the Con. Cancellations usually open up a few rooms.

ashland10
06-11-2011, 11:41 AM
I know there are some dragoncon forums you can find where people have rooms to give up or rooms where you can crash. I cant for the life of me remember where the site is. So i guess in retrospect i wasnt that helpful...

justjeffery
06-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Sure you were! I know to look for the forums now! I have an aunt that lives in Atlanta, but I really dont want to stay with her... I just as well stay half a city away than have to deal with her.

elcinco
06-11-2011, 12:48 PM
We stayed near Turner Field last year, which isn't walking distance close, but it's not a bad cab ride at all. Plus hotels in that area tend to run a bit cheaper than in the downtown area.

nightwing22dg
06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm not sure if it is cheaper or if they have rooms, but there is a Super 8 right on Peachtree near me in Buckhead. I take MARTA there and back. But I do have to leave at Midnight to catch it back to my place. Could be easy and less croweded if you aren't planning on staying out really late or have a lot of things to carry. I tried staying out later and taking cabs one year, but with the Football game on Saturday, I never thought I'd get one that night. Still don't know how lucky I was to get one that time.

Treacle
06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
I think it's totally worth spending more and/or crashing with someone to stay in a con hotel.

Dragon*Con is a 24/7 con. If you leave at midnight, you're missing stuff.

Gregory
06-15-2011, 05:36 AM
Try near the airport. Those hotels connect to the city with the MARTA train system and can take you right to DragonCon.

nightwing22dg
06-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Try near the airport. Those hotels connect to the city with the MARTA train system and can take you right to DragonCon.

I'm not sure how late the MARTA trains run with cutbacks anymore. They used to run till 1AM. Not sure anymore.

ashland10
06-18-2011, 08:05 AM
yeah dragoncon is a 24/7 con. The late night is awesome. Bands, movies and the legendary drum circle.