PDA

View Full Version : Now that E3 is over, which game are you most excited about?

Tyr
06-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Like the title says vote and discuss.

For myself, Skyrim was at the top, but then Rocksteady dropped a big one with Batman Arkham City. That is to say not only will you get to play the capped crusader, but you'll also get to play as Catwoman. I get to play as Batman and Catwoman? Sold! I'm going to go reserve this when I get the chance.

The Hodag
06-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Best trailer I saw was probably Knights of the Old Republic, but I got no interest in MMOs, so there's no way I'll play the game itself.

I suppose Arkham City's my #1 interest, though I'm also curious about Tomb Raider and Colonial Marines. Need to know more about the latter two, but conceptually I'm very interested.

XXXenophile
06-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Tie between Uncharted and Arkham City.

The Hodag
06-10-2011, 11:43 PM
By the way, I've only probably seen the BIG trailers, so if anyone knows of any cool, smaller ones that might've gone under the radar, please post 'em!

XXXenophile
06-10-2011, 11:45 PM
And I'd say the other thing I'm excited over is the PS Vita.

Kurt Russell Crowe
06-11-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't even own a PS3, but that SSX trailer came out of nowhere and gave me some huge nostalgia about how much I loved the first two games.

The Hodag
06-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Who's your sig girl, Kurt?

Kurt Russell Crowe
06-11-2011, 12:53 AM
no idea, wish I knew.

The Hodag
Oh, just realized I need to go look for Mass Effect 3 stuff. I watched the cinematic trailer and it was sadly, lame - mostly just "Shepherd's back!" stuff and teases of the bad guys, but no cool story stuff or favorite supporting characters. I gather there must be other footage though, right? In-game stuff, I believe?

The Hodag
no idea, wish I knew.

She's...bubbly.

Professor Oreo
06-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Saints Row 3. I had such a great time with the first two that I'm really looking forward to the next one. Skyrim and Batman look fantastic as well.

Bedlam66
06-11-2011, 03:07 AM
StarWars Knights of the Old Republic
Mass Effect 3
Batman Arkham City
Skyrim

In that Order

Matt Jay
06-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Oh, just realized I need to go look for Mass Effect 3 stuff. I watched the cinematic trailer and it was sadly, lame - mostly just "Shepherd's back!" stuff and teases of the bad guys, but no cool story stuff or favorite supporting characters. I gather there must be other footage though, right? In-game stuff, I believe?

Shit yeah. There's a good 11 minutes of gameplay. Might be on gametrailers. They really juiced up the melee with an omniblade and now you can roll and jump. Some of the footage reveals the first level, which is by far the coolest ME stage yet.

I'm most excited for Skyrim at the moment, but it goes between that and ME 3 for me. I thought it was a strong show as far as the games were concerned. How crazy is it for SR 3 to drop about 3 days after Skyrim? I'm really looking forward to SR 3, but with a release date like that it will be a long time after release before I buy it.

Matt Jay
06-11-2011, 05:09 AM
Just discovered this interesting game that was announced at E3. I'll be keeping an eye on it:

For as many games as we physically play at E3, we hear as many ambitious, high-concept pitches for games that are still quite a ways out. One presentation at Trion Worlds for the upcoming Defiance is about as ambitious as they come. Ready? Deep breath:

Defiance is an MMORPG/third-person shooter set to launch simultaneously on PS3, PC and 360 that's being created in conjunction with the SyFy network which will develop and launch a TV series of the same name, the events of which will bleed into the game and vice versa.

...Yeah, it's a mouthful.

A collection of alien societies learn that their solar system is collapsing. As a last ditch effort, they send arks filled with flora, fauna and inhabitants of their home world through the deepest reaches of space to an uninhabited planet. Only, it's not uninhabited.

It's ours. Like, we're here already watching Jersey Shore and buying things we don't need. Sorry, guys.

Tensions run high when the aliens arrive, and a group of humans take it upon themselves to attack the arks, sending their technology and lifeforms hurtling to Earth. Years later, we're still trying to rebuild society with the new arrivals. (Players will be able to choose when they create their characters whether they want to play as humans or aliens.)

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/10/defiance-preview/#continued

Trailer at the link, but no gameplay.

Ryudo
06-11-2011, 05:10 AM
I like how all the poll options are sequels. :lol:

xyzzy
06-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Mass Effect 3 is my current most anticipated game and that's not likely to change any time soon.

But the game that E3 raised my anticipation of the most is Bioshock Infinite.

Also, I already preordered a Vita, despite the name.

Matt Jay
06-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Remember Jackal for the NES? If they made it today, it would be Renegade Ops.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/18/renegade-ops-trailer-blows-up-everything-in-the-world/

Looking forward to playing a demo.

Georgie
06-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Guess :)

artimoff
06-11-2011, 07:03 AM
I said Skyrim, but it's really Guild Wars 2.

Humphrey_Lee
06-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Still Uncharted 3. U2 is still my current game of the generation, nothing about that video led me to believe that U3 will be any less amazing. But honestly, the big "winner" as far as putting something I was on the fence on to "oh god I want that" was Skyrim. I honestly do not have much love for Oblivion. Played it for 30 hours and hated how generic the quests were and how repetitive the cave/dungeon design was and the clunky combat. So much of that looks gone now and with the graphical upgrades as well as the overhaul of the character creation system, Skyrim looks like the game I was always thought these could/should be.

Humphrey_Lee
06-11-2011, 07:55 AM
I like how all the poll options are sequels. :lol:

To be fair, the new IPs were pretty scant. We didn't even see gameplay of Overstrike (which I'm intrigued by) and the only new IP I can remember really getting some showcase time was Rage, which we've been seeing for a year now. Neverdead maybe? Meh. It's just that time in the generation. Next year is just going to be more of the same too as they build new console and for new consoles.

Brad N.
06-11-2011, 08:33 AM
It's hard to pick just one. If I had to I think it would be Batman : Arkham City, but I am really excited for Skyrim. I have similar feelings as Humphrey about Oblivion. I bought the big extended edition and after 25 hours or so and knowing I barely scratched the surface and was already bored it was time to trade it in. Skyrim looks incredible.

I also preordered COD MW3, Gears 3, Assassin's Creed Revelation, and Forza 4 after seeing coverage at E3.

Heroic Age Moe
06-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Star Wars the Old Republic. It's gonna rock.

Brad N.
06-11-2011, 09:08 AM
As someone who LOVED KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and someone who hates playing games on my computer nothing pissed me off more than seeing Old Republic was PC and MMO. Give me KOTOR 3 picking up after 2 and on the 360 please.

Heroic Age Moe
06-11-2011, 09:11 AM
As someone who LOVED KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and someone who hates playing games on my computer nothing pissed me off more than seeing Old Republic was PC and MMO. Give me KOTOR 3 picking up after 2 and on the 360 please.

That's ashame. SWTOR is gonna own!

Ashwin Pande
06-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Batman. Always.

Brad N.
06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
That's ashame. SWTOR is gonna own!

I'm sure it will, but I won't play it. I have a pretty powerful and kickass new computer setup here now too that I COULD play it with optimum ability but I won't. I hate few things more than computer screen gaming. I would MUCH rather relax comfortably on my couch or recliner and play anything on my nice big HDTV than play any game or movie on my PC. But that's just me and I realize I'm in the minority there. I'm sure the game will be cool and lots of folks will love it, just not for me.

Heroic Age Moe
06-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm sure it will, but I won't play it. I have a pretty powerful and kickass new computer setup here now too that I COULD play it with optimum ability but I won't. I hate few things more than computer screen gaming. I would MUCH rather relax comfortably on my couch or recliner and play anything on my nice big HDTV than play any game or movie on my PC. But that's just me and I realize I'm in the minority there. I'm sure the game will be cool and lots of folks will love it, just not for me.

I dig.

I'm kinda the opposite, I have bailed on regular games and only really find fun in MMOs of whatever type. Besides if I sit in the comfy recliner I'm out :)

Humphrey_Lee
06-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Star Wars the Old Republic. It's gonna rock.

Considering the "backroom" numbers I've heard on that thing and its cost, it better. I'm hearing numbers of close to half a billion between development and marketing for something that, for all intents and purposes, is looking like WoW's gameplay and in the Star Wars license (and, y'know, with an actual story to it).

Mikie
06-11-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm still pretty much all about RAGE, but Arkham City looks amazing!

Mikie
06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
no idea, wish I knew. Whoever she is, she's making it difficult for me to concentrate on things like...breathing. I may have skipped blinking for a while there as well.

The Hodag
06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I guess I need to watch the Skyrim trailers. I like story-based games and Oblivion was too random for me. I bought it cheap and felt almost immediately disconnected after the kind of neat opening story stuff that led to the prison escape training sequence. I suspect Skyrim will still be too close to that, but...I should watch the trailer.

Tyr
06-11-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm a little surprised no one has voted for Mass Effect 3, talked about it yes, but no one has voted for it.

And I'd say the other thing I'm excited over is the PS Vita.

I'm not, I can't put my figure on it, but I'm just not all that excited about the launch of the PS Vita. To many bells and whistles for my taste I guess.

How crazy is it for SR 3 to drop about 3 days after Skyrim? I'm really looking forward to SR 3, but with a release date like that it will be a long time after release before I buy it.

Well Skyrim is on my Christmas list, it's a perfect Christmas release, and it's going to have bugs on its launch so I can wait.

I dunno if I'm going to get SR 3 on its launch either, I loved the second one, but we got Christmas right around the corner, and gotta do some shopping for that. And It just feels wrong putting it on my Christmas list somehow.

Humphrey_Lee
06-11-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm a little surprised no one has voted for Mass Effect 3, talked about it yes, but no one has voted for it.

Honestly, too far out. Only Uncharted 3 I anticipate more, but there's so many titles to play the rest of this year, it's really hard to look to 2012 with that much excitement because I've got to reserve a lot of it for this fall. Really, my top three would be U3, ME3, and Bioshock Infinite, but I've got eight games (at least) to buy between now and the latter two.

Georgie
06-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Really, no one is interested in Assassin's Creed: Revelations? :(

Tyr
06-11-2011, 01:45 PM

Considering they've been cranking out a new one every year, it's kind of hard to get excited about the latest one.

If its any consolation, at least it isn't the Call of Duty franchise.

xclk07
06-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Dark Souls with Batman, Uncharted, and Bioshock right behind it.

Bedlam66
06-11-2011, 02:42 PM

Or U know U could use a Wireless setup and play your Computer on your big ass TV. I do it all the time.

Humphrey_Lee
06-11-2011, 02:50 PM

See above. Want to play it real bad, but I also really want to play Deus Ex, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal, Rage, and Arkham City before it even hits. This will be one of the alltime great years in gaming given all this stuff and if/when they meet expectations.

Slewo.O
06-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Or U know U could use a Wireless setup and play your Computer on your big ass TV. I do it all the time.

Could you possibly point a way on how to pull that off? I've been trying to do that with my PC for a while.

MayorMitch100
06-11-2011, 03:00 PM
No Kingdom Hearts 3 or Kingdom Hearts 1&2 on PS3? Call me next year.

Seriously though I am excited for Arkam City and Uncharted 3.

Bedlam66
06-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Could you possibly point a way on how to pull that off? I've been trying to do that with my PC for a while.
My PC has a HDMI port I just Plug it into my TV's HDMI port Change to the right input chan. It should translate right onto your Big screen. I've had sound trobs in the past with Certain TV models (they were a few years old though.) but that's Fixed by Getting a Double ended Sound cord and pluging it into both your computer output slot and your sound system input.

Tyr
06-11-2011, 08:01 PM
By the way, I've only probably seen the BIG trailers, so if anyone knows of any cool, smaller ones that might've gone under the radar, please post 'em!

Well, since your interested in Arkham City...

I got some stuff posted for playable Catwoman in this thread here (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?208228-Catwoman-will-be-playable-in-Arkham-City!), the last vid I post is half Catwoman Gameplay and half Batman swooping down on the city and terrorizing mooks.

Superior Kiai
06-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Dragon Crown is nowhere on that poll... :(

Supreme Convoy
06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Looking forward to Arkham City and Star Trek.

Tyr
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
dragon crown is nowhere on that poll... :(

Then vote in other, it's there for a reason.

Dreaded Anomaly
06-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Just discovered this interesting game that was announced at E3. I'll be keeping an eye on it:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/10/defiance-preview/#continued

Trailer at the link, but no gameplay.

Very interesting concept.

I'm looking forward to The Old Republic (although I'll have to buy a desktop to play it, my laptop can barely handle Starcraft 2) and, to be honest, the Halo 1 remake with online play.