PDA

View Full Version : High Recommendation for Blur's NO DISTANCE LEFT TO RUN

WesleyCraigGreen
06-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Granted, this DVD came out last year (I believe), but I feel it is worth talking about.

Let me start off by saying I was a so-so fan of Blur before watching this documentary and concert DVD. I had their 13 CD which was okay and I also knew of their Song 2 (the woo-hoo song that came out years ago).

A friend of mine loaned me the NO DISTANCE LEFT TO RUN because we share similar taste and he told me I had to see it. As a big fan of concert films and documentaries on rock bands, I can honestly say this is the best I've seen on both accounts.

The documentary covers the band's inception to them breaking up due to their guitarist Graham Coxon leaving the band to deal with his alcoholism and their reunion years later which lead to a short tour they did in the UK back in 2009. The tour ends with a sold-out, two-night stand at Hyde Park in London which makes up the concert portion of the DVD.

The concert DVD itself is one of the best shot concert films, in my opinion. No fancy camera work. It just focuses on the band and the massive crowd. And for a band which really hasn't played together for a length of time since they broke up, they sounded great.

The documentary, though, is one of the more emotional rock documentaries I've seen. At the core is the friendship shared between lead singer Damian Albain and guitarist Graham Coxon and how they are repairing it after Graham ditched him and the band. Some great scenes especially at Glastonbury where during a performance, they show an emotional Damian getting swept up in the emotion of everything that's happened with his band to this point.

Anyhoo, I just had to write about this great DVD with the hope someone will check it out and become a Blur fan like it has made me.

Wesley

gibbEy
06-09-2011, 01:52 PM
I've been a big Blur fan for years, and I didn't know this even existed. I'm going to get this tonight!

Thank you!!! :)

WesleyCraigGreen
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I've been a big Blur fan for years, and I didn't know this even existed. I'm going to get this tonight!

Thank you!!! :)

You're in for a treat, my friend. Cheers!

Wesley