PDA

View Full Version : Comic Nostalgia

Gordon Chumway
06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Yesterday while opening up Ultimate Spider- Man 159, I had an overwhelming feeling of being that little boy age 10 going to the corner store to buy Amazing SM 280. Not knowing how Peter was going to survive and genuinely caring about this person I consider my friend.

It made me realize that this was the feeling that forced me to become a fan again ten years ago.

I just really needed to try and put that into words and thought this was the best place to do it.

Thanks, Bendis.

Brother Power the Gong
06-09-2011, 10:07 AM
I still get a hell yeah feeling in my gut whenever I see the last panel of UXM 132 and when Bats tells the Joker "there's nothing wrong with you I can't fix with my hands."

I'm in awe every time I read Watchmen #4: ""All we ever see of stars are their old photographs."

Neal Adams Earth-2 Robin design (I first saw it in JLA 123-124, which introduced me to the idea of alternate realities) still blows my mind, as it is the epitome of awesome.

Gordon Chumway
06-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I still get a hell yeah feeling in my gut whenever I see the last panel of UXM 132 and when Bats tells the Joker "there's nothing wrong with you I can't fix with my hands."

I'm in awe every time I read Watchmen #4: ""All we ever see of stars are their old photographs."

Neal Adams Earth-2 Robin design (I first saw it in JLA 123-124, which introduced me to the idea of alternate realities) still blows my mind, as it is the epitome of awesome.

I have gone back and recollected my favorite arcs. Hobgoblin, ASM 279-281, All of Jim Lee's Uncanny run. Pulling them out from time to time makes me feel great. I am so glad this quality of workmanship still exists.