PDA

View Full Version : Someone just tried to sell me a signed Hank AAron baseball...

justjeffery
06-09-2011, 09:33 AM
EDIT title: Mickey Mantle, not hank aaron

Okay, I know times are tough right now but damn... guy just came in trying to sell me a signed EDIT: Mickey Mantle baseball... on a brand new ball... and the ink smudged when I touched it. Come on, really? If you're gonna try and scam, at least find an old ball and let the ink dry.

So how's your day going?

Roger
06-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I got a dollar bill signed by George Washington.....interested?

gaspar
06-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Hank Aaron is still alive and does signings. I'm not saying it was real, but just because it was on a new ball with new ink doesn't mean it was fake.

Still wouldn't buy one without authentication.

**EDIT** Ok, Mickey Mantle...now that's pretty awesome!

justjeffery
06-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Hank Aaron is still alive and does signings. I'm not saying it was real, but just because it was on a new ball with new ink doesn't mean it was fake.

Still wouldn't buy one without authentication.

Yeah, I screwed it up and fixed it in the body... it was Mickey Mantle... I know nothing about baseball and often get Aaron, Mantle and Ruth mixed up.

McGill
06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I screwed it up and fixed it in the body... it was Mickey Mantle... I know nothing about baseball and often get Aaron, Mantle and Ruth mixed up.

What did you tell him??

gaspar
06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Oops...double post.

gaspar
06-09-2011, 09:53 AM

That's a pretty brilliant scam attempt! :D

justjeffery
06-09-2011, 10:03 AM
What did you tell him??

I told him he could have at least attempted to let the ink dry before he tried to sell something signed by a dead person.

McGill
06-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I told him he could have at least attempted to let the ink dry before he tried to sell something signed by a dead person.

I wonder how he felt haha.

GelfXIII
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
So what did you bargain him down to?