PDA

View Full Version : The Official Wrestling Thread is the Longest Running Episodic Thread Of All Time!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Drew
04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Notice on the other Official Wrestling Thread

You can ask the mods to delete it if you want. I was joking around. I admit i am a bit hungover and not thinking so clearly.

If anyone would be inclined to join the Fantasy Wrestling Thread...

http://http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?198680-The-Official-WrestlingThread-Federation-Thread!/page53

I'll give you a topic to start with. Do you think Desmond Wolfe would have fared better if he joined the WWE as originally thought?

Subtopic: What would his WWE Name have been?

Adrian B AWESOME
04-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Peter Wolfe.

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Woo, new thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKqvl143Vc

God, it sucks that Nigel had that super epic ROH championship run, then got to wrestle Angle, then got paid to not wrestle/be injured for a few years. He would have done better in the E by at least being paid more. Maybe they could have teamed him with Regal or Sheamus or Drew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lG_nSwQn3E

Steve Marshall
04-24-2011, 10:04 AM
I'll give you a topic to start with. Do you think Desmond Wolfe would have fared better if he joined the WWE as originally thought?

I've got a feeling that if he was healthy and did well in a short stint in FCW, he could have gotten Wade Barrett's spot in NXT 1 and so forth.

Bonus Point: "Big" Ben Buckingham!

Gryphon
04-24-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Jim_Ross_Clarifies_Ric_Flair_s_Health_Status_Wrest ling_Legend_Returning_To_TNA.html
Ric Flair did not undergo surgery recently.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Night_of_Champions_Removed_From_Event_Lineup_Austi n_Working_On_New_Film.html
Night of champions has been removed from the event lineup.

Pat Loika
04-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Best thread title ever. It's vintage.

Greenville 90210
04-24-2011, 10:19 AM
If anyone would be inclined to join the Fantasy Wrestling Thread...

http://http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?198680-The-Official-WrestlingThread-Federation-Thread!/page53

1) Everyone should join the OWF (fantasty wrestling thread)!
2) Nigel/Desmond would have done far better in WWE.
3) His name would have been Duncan Moore

usagi20
04-24-2011, 10:23 AM
That's Longest Running WeeklyEpisodic Thread.

And I'm guessing they're getting rid of Night of Champions so that they'll no longer be forced into having both the US Title and Intercontinental Title on the line at the same PPV.

Mark4myself
04-24-2011, 10:36 AM
That's Longest Running WeeklyEpisodic Thread.

And I'm guessing they're getting rid of Night of Champions so that they'll no longer be forced into having both the US Title and Intercontinental Title on the line at the same PPV.

Actually wouldn't it be the Longest Running DAILY Episodic thread since the thread is daily ;-)

joeAR
04-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Woo, new thread!

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKqvl143Vc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKqvl143Vc)

God, it sucks that Nigel had that super epic ROH championship run, then got to wrestle Angle, then got paid to not wrestle/be injured for a few years. He would have done better in the E by at least being paid more. Maybe they could have teamed him with Regal or Sheamus or Drew.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lG_nSwQn3E (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lG_nSwQn3E)

Yep you basically said what I was going to say.

Greenville 90210
04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Does Desmond/Nigel have Hep C?

Randy Ricci, a former production manager for TNA Wrestling, claimed in a blog post on Friday that the reason Desmond Wolfe has not been wrestling in recent months is because he has Hepatitis Cā€”a viral disease that leads to inflammation of the liver.

Ricci adds that the former ROH World Champion will be offered an office job.

Wolfe last wrestled for the organization in August. He and Magnus were scheduled to receive a shot at the TNA World Tag Team Championship against The Motor City Machine Guns at No Surrender, but were pulled from the event at the last minute, with TNA citing a "personal issue" as the reason. It was later reported that Wolfe was pulled from the event due to an undisclosed medical situation that would sideline him indefinitely.

Hulk Hogan is the only TNA Wrestling employee to publicly address Wolfe's status with the organization. When asked recently on Twitter about Wolfe returning to television, Hogan responded, "Desmond's situation is beyond TNA's control, the ball is completely in his court."

Kirblar
04-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Ouch if true. Hep C is the most important reason not to have blood in most matches. It's becoming a serious problem.

Drew
04-24-2011, 12:26 PM
1) I will find something cool for you to do if you join the OWF. Because I will.
2) Probably. Nigel/Desmond would have at the very least been one of those who resides against the glass ceiling.
3) Steve wins with 'Big' Ben Buckingham

Drew
04-24-2011, 12:42 PM
P.S. I tried Weekly, wouldn't fit. I just added a wee with no space.

joeAR
04-24-2011, 12:59 PM
April 24th

On this day in history in ....

1967 - John & Chris Tolos defeat Don Leo Jonathan & Rocky Johnson to win the NWA Canadian Tag Team Title for the second time.

1978 - WWWF ran at Madison Square Garden in New York City with the following results:
- Mil Mascaras defeated The Golden Terror.
- Peter Maivia defeated Butcher Vachon.
- WWWF Tag Team Champions Dino Bravo & Dominic DeNucci defeated Stan Stasiak & Johnny Rodz.
- Dusty Rhodes vs. Spiros Arion ended in a draw.
- Strong Kobayashi defeated Steve King.
- Ken Patera defeated Larry Zbyszko.
- WWWF World Champion Bob Backlund defeated Superstar Graham in a steel cage match.

1987 - Ken Patera wrestled his first match following his prison term for the infamous "McDonald's incident" at a WWF television taping in New Haven, Connecticut. Patera defeated Hercules Hernandez via disqualification when Harley Race and Bobby Heenan interfered as Hercules was about to lose to Patera's bearhug.

1989 - New Japan Pro Wrestling held their first ever Tokyo Dome event, "Super Powers Clash" drawing 44,000 fans for a show that featured a tournament for the IWGP Title, and the participation of Russian wrestlers and martial artists. Lou Thesz was brought in as special referee for several matches. Here are the results:
- Naoki Sano defeated Hiro Saito to win the Young Lions League.
- IWGP Tournament, First Round: Big Van Vader defeated Masahiro Chono.
- IWGP Tournament, First Round: Tatsumi Fujinami defeated Vladimir Berkovich.
- IWGP Tournament, First Round: Victor Zangiev defeated Buzz Sawyer.
- IWGP Tournament, First Round: Shinya Hashimoto defeated Riki Choshu.
- Benny "The Jet" Uriquidez vs. Shinya Asuka went to a five round draw.
- IWGP Tournament, Semifinals: Big Van Vader defeated Tatsumi Fujinami.
- IWGP Tournament, Semifinals: Shinya Hashimoto defeated Victor Zangiev.
- Wahka Eveleov defeated Masa Saito.
- Big Van Vader defeated Shinya Hashimoto to win the IWGP Title tournament.
- IWGP Tag Team Champions Super Strong Machine & George Takano defeated Hiro Hase & Shiro Koshinaka.
- In his debut (with the Liger gimmick), Jushin Thunder Liger defeated Kuniaki Kobayashi.
- Salman Hashimikov defeated Bam Bam Bigelow.
- Shota Chochyashvili defeated Antonio Inoki to win the New Japan Martial Arts Title.

1989 - WWF ran at Madison Square Garden in New York City with the following results:
- Greg Valentine defeated The Blue Blazer.
- Hillbilly Jim defeated The Honky Tonk Man via DQ when Honky Tonk attacked Hillbilly before the match with Jimmy Hart's megaphone.
- Dino Bravo defeated Hercules Hernandez.
- Paul Roma defeated Boris Zhukov.
- Jake Roberts defeated Ted DiBiase.
- Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart ended in a twenty minute draw.
- The Bushwackers defeated Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard.
- Randy Savage defeated WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan via countout when Sensational Sherri prevented Hogan from beating the ten count.

1990 - At a WWF television taping in San Antonio, Texas, Roddy Piper fought Rick Martel to a double DQ in an Intercontinental Title tournament match. What makes the match interesting is that the Finals of the tournament, with Curt Hennig defeating Tito Santana for the title, was taped the night before this match!

1991 - WWF held their UK-only PPV event, UK Rampage, at the London Arena in England. Here are the results:
- Jim Neidhart defeated The Warlord.
- Greg Valentine defeated Haku.
- Ted DiBiase defeated Kerry Von Erich via countout.
- The Rockers defeated The Orient Express.
- Jimmy Snuka defeated The Barbarian.
- Davey Boy Smith defeated The Bezerker.
- Earthquake defeated Jake Roberts via countout.
- WWF World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Sgt. Slaughter.

1994 - At a WCW television taping at the Center Stage Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia, Ric Flair defeated Ricky Steamboat to win back the WCW World Title, which had been held up following the double-pin finish of a match between the two at the Spring Stampede Pay-per-view. This match, which would air on WCW Saturday Night, would be the final bout between Steamboat and Flair.

1992 - Danny Davis is stripped of the Global Wrestling Federation World Light-Heavyweight Title. Davis had left the GWF for Memphis, and despite leaving the company, wrestled on Memphis shows at the GWF Champion.

1998 - Ox Harley defeats Harry Palmer to win the IWA Mid-South Heavyweight Title in Louisville, Kentucky. Previous champion Axl Rotten had been stripped of the title.

1999 - ECW and the WWF both ran shows in New York City on the same night, with ECW running the Elks Lodge in Queens, New York while WWF ran at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. Both shows were sold out, with ECW drawing over 1,000 fans to their event and WWF drawing 16,000 to theirs. Here are the results from the shows:

ECW in Queens, New York:
- Nova defeated Little Guido.
- Jerry Lynn defeated TAKA Michinoku.
- Yoshihiro Tajiri & Spike Dudley defeated Super Crazy & Mosco de la Merced.
- Tommy Dreamer defeated Lance Storm.
- Skull Von Krush defeated Danny Doring.
- Balls Mahoney defeated New Jack.
- ECW Television Champion Rob Van Dam defeated Bubba Ray Dudley.

WWF in Manhattan, New York:
- The Acolytes defeated the DOA.
- Jerry Lawler defeated Droz.
- WWF Tag Team Champions X-Pac & Kane defeated Big Bossman & Test.
- WWF Hardcore Champion Hardcore Holly defeated Val Venis.
- Road Dogg & Billy Gunn defeated Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett and Gangrel & Edge.
- Undertaker & Mideon defeated Ken Shamrock & Mankind.
- WWF Intercontinental Champion The Godfather defeated Goldust.
- Al Snow & Tori defeated D'Lo Brown & Ivory.
- Steve Austin & The Big Show defeated The Rock & Triple H.

2004 - Cold Cabana & CM Punk defeat Jay & Mark Briscoe to win the Ring Of Honor Tag Team Title in Chicago, Illinois.

SteveFlack
04-24-2011, 01:00 PM
I wonder, did Hep C keep him out of the WWE? Remember, his WWE career stalled after the physical, and then he ended up signing with TNA.

Greenville 90210
04-24-2011, 01:04 PM
I wonder, did Hep C keep him out of the WWE? Remember, his WWE career stalled after the physical, and then he ended up signing with TNA.

I forgot about that. Hmmmm....

Drew
04-24-2011, 01:07 PM

It would actually make sense. You remember the scandal after Bob Orton was found to have Hep C.

Gryphon
04-24-2011, 01:20 PM
What is the best version of the undertaker?

Foolish Mortal
04-24-2011, 01:31 PM
It would actually make sense. You remember the scandal after Bob Orton was found to have Hep C.
Yeah, Undertaker was furious about not being told about it before their Hell in the Cell match and damn near quit the company over it.

Gryphon
04-24-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Follow-up_On_John_Morrison_Snubbing_Trish_Stratus_Melina_ s_Backstage_Reputation.html
Followup to Jomo's backstage problems with trish. Lots of heat on Melina.

Foolish Mortal
04-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Definitely sounds like Melina took the 'Diva' title too much to heart.

Drew
04-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she gets wished well in her future endeavors. There's a reason she's been on almost solely on Superstars since the New Year

Foolish Mortal
04-24-2011, 02:16 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she gets wished well in her future endeavors. There's a reason she's been on almost solely on Superstars since the New Year
I'm actually quite astonished they have tolerated such behavior for so long. Is what she puts out THAT good? :lol:

Drew
04-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm actually quite astonished they have tolerated such behavior for so long. Is what she puts out THAT good? :lol:

All she really has is the entrance and MsChif's moveset.

Kirblar
04-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, Undertaker was furious about not being told about it before their Hell in the Cell match and damn near quit the company over it.
And he had every right to be that angry. Wasn't it that no one had been told in WWE?

Foolish Mortal
04-24-2011, 02:25 PM
And he had every right to be that angry. Wasn't it that no one had been told in WWE?
From what I've read from repeated tellings of the story, Orton reportedly told WWE booker Johnny Ace that he had hepatitis, but Ace didn't tell Taker and apparently no one else about it.

Foolish Mortal
04-24-2011, 02:27 PM
All she really has is the entrance and MsChif's moveset.
That's not what I meant by "put out". :lol:

Kirblar
04-24-2011, 02:28 PM
From what I've read from repeated tellings of the story, Orton reportedly told WWE booker Johnny Ace that he had hepatitis, but Ace didn't tell Taker and apparently no one else about it.
How on earth do you not get fired for THAT.

Gryphon
04-24-2011, 03:11 PM
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/Scott_Hall_Released_From_Hospital_Ex-Wife_Comments_On_His_Health.html
Scott Hall is out of the hospital but not in rehab yet. His ex-wife has commented on him.

Gryphon
04-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Well I am going offline for the next two days. I will watch tommorow's draft raw on tuesday after passover is done.

UltimateFactor
04-24-2011, 04:05 PM
New Thread. Yay!

Greyone
04-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Bye Gryph, and hi new thread, now I'll have a green dot telling me where it is. =)

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Post counts from the General Manager thread:

Gryphon 963
Masculine Todd 708
joeAR 491
Briomega 478
Adrian B AWESOME 472
Foolish Mortal 465
Scotland Green 462
SteveFlack 412
Roger 408
Kurt Russell Crowe 359
Kirblar 310
The Human Target 294
Benel Germosen 277
Gregory 250
Mark4myself 203
Daniel K. 189
iGotKittyPryde 163
Drew 154
moonspider 151
Damian696 145
Xorn 142
Brad N. 141
Steve Marshall 136
UltimateFactor 127
ImYrWoodbury 107
Bervda 79
michealdark 77
XXXenophile 70
usagi20 58
Prime 53
J Money 51
Alex 40
Your Pal, Carl 39
evophile 39
Weasel21385 39
Lab-Rat 35
DAVE 34
Jono 32
Ryan_ZOOM_Turner 25
arthurloewenkamp 22
morlock with a day pass 22
Blake Sims 18
Christopher Brian 15
Greyone 15
Zack_Hunter 15
THWIP! 15
Albert 14
LeggoMyEggolas 13
Kman00001 11
The Cheap-Arse Film Critic 11
Dr. Blasphemy 10
RoShambo 8
David Aspmo 8
Jason California 7
xanderharris 7
John M. Coker (Johnny C.) 6
Pat Loika 6
Rated C 6
Corey A. 5
HoneyDippinDan 5
Devil's Karma 4
Freeway 4
Jet 3
hyde 3
Anbecom Verted 3
MAK15 2
The Purple Skull 2
Michael-Deery 2
chazbot 2
UltimateQuintessa 2
xhondax 2
Captain Sensation 2
SidekicksRevenge 2
Iggy 1
BriRedfern 1
Nick Graham 1
The Dean 1
Ape-X 1
snuffy 1
Jetpack Comics 1
BGPu 1
Kyle_Olson 1
ashland10 1
pbys 1
Maestro 1
JeremyDale 1
Brewtown Andy 1
daredevil456 1
Mark Katzoff 1
Black Roman 1
SmoManCometh 1
MayorMitch100 1

Briomega
04-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Damn I didn't think I posted that much.

Kman00001
04-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Yay, 11 posts! :rock:

michealdark
04-24-2011, 05:39 PM
From the last thread:
Lol I just remembered the smoking part. I don't see why they didn't just put Morrison in R-Truth's slot and start to give him that main even push that he deserves. Hopefully he get's a title match at Summerslam or a b-list PPV.

He's not getting pushed because he no-sold in the match where he was teamed with Trish and basically was antagonistic to her because he felt the other divas (including/especially Melina) got screwed

Foolish Mortal
04-24-2011, 06:00 PM
How on earth do you not get fired for THAT.
That's a good question. I don't know how he didn't get fired. Makes me think there was some other extenuating circumstances not talked about.

Me either. :lol:

Brad N.
04-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Yes! Top 25, bitches!!! Now that I'm unemployed and can watch more WWE programming I can participate more.

SteveFlack
04-24-2011, 06:27 PM
I have no idea how I came in 8th.

Alex
04-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Does Desmond/Nigel have Hep C?

Who knows for sure, but that certainly would explain why the 'E dropped him like a hot potato after his physica...

...yeah, that.
What is the best version of the undertaker?

My personal favorite was Ministry Taker the cult leader, where he kept a good portion of his mystique but became human instead of a magical zombie and so could start selling in his matches and working as something more than a lumbering undead beast.

michealdark
04-24-2011, 06:45 PM
Any one that makes me think "Angel of Death."

Weasel21385
04-24-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm so excited for the draft tomorrow night. I don't know why, nothing will probably happen that shocks me. But just the possibility is enough to get me excited.

THWIP!
04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm really surprised that Melina is still there, the only reason has to be John Morrison but at the same time I doubt he has that much pull.

I think she'll get future endeavored. I don't even know what show she's on since she hasn't been on Raw in forever and I never see her name in the Smackdown spoilers. But if she's had heat on her before this whole thing with Trish might just be the thing that puts it over the edge.

Also wasn't it on one of the Raws that Punk was on Commentary and Cole said that Melina was one of the greatest of all time and Punk what like, what the fuck are you talking about?

THWIP!
04-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm so excited for the draft tomorrow night. I don't know why, nothing will probably happen that shocks me. But just the possibility is enough to get me excited.

There are 2 things I want to happen. Punk stays on Raw. Orton goes to Smackdown. I know that Cena will never go to Smackdown, so I'm not even entertaining that thought.

Briomega
04-24-2011, 07:21 PM
There are 2 things I want to happen. Punk stays on Raw. Orton goes to Smackdown. I know that Cena will never go to Smackdown, so I'm not even entertaining that thought.

I just want Del Rio on Raw.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Came in at 6-7k and top 5, bitches. I am your (less obnoxious than Gryphon but still pretty annoying) GOD.

Briomega
04-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Came in at 6-7k and top 5, bitches. I am your (less obnoxious than Gryphon but still pretty annoying) GOD.

:lol:

THWIP!
04-24-2011, 07:31 PM
I just want Del Rio on Raw.

I do too, but there's already too many heels on RAW.

Briomega
04-24-2011, 07:40 PM
I do too, but there's already too many heels on RAW.

That's why it's a draft. :)

SteveFlack
04-24-2011, 07:43 PM
I think it's a big mistake doing the Draft on what's supposed to be a go-home show for a PPV. They really should have postponed this one more week.

joeAR
04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
I think it's a big mistake doing the Draft on what's supposed to be a go-home show for a PPV. They really should have postponed this one more week.

Completely agree with this.

Briomega
04-24-2011, 07:51 PM

Good point. Hadn't even thought of that but yeah that is bad timing.

THWIP!
04-24-2011, 08:03 PM

It would have taken away from The Rock's Birthday Bash on Raw.

Brad N.
04-24-2011, 08:32 PM
I really just can't wait for the draft and almost certain releases so I can update my roster on SvR 2011 accordingly. :nerd:

Kman00001
04-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I really just can't wait for the draft and almost certain releases so I can update my roster on SvR 2011 accordingly. :nerd:

Same here, but with Fire Pro Returns. :nerd:

Brad N.
04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Same here, but with Fire Pro Returns. :nerd:

I tapped out, you win.

hyde
04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
marking thread..

Albert
04-24-2011, 10:12 PM

Yes, but now they can do something like Del Rio being drafted to Raw so the question of his PPV match becomes "Will Del Rio bring the world title with him to Raw?" and so on. Or have Orton or Punk get drafted to Smackdown ā€” "this is the last time we'll see these guys face off," "this is his last match as a Raw competitor." For whatever that's worth (not very much).

J Money
04-24-2011, 10:23 PM
New thread.

Make Santino champ already! Just for a month or so :shifty:

SteveFlack
04-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Yes, but now they can do something like Del Rio being drafted to Raw so the question of his PPV match becomes "Will Del Rio bring the world title with him to Raw?" and so on. Or have Orton or Punk get drafted to Smackdown ā€” "this is the last time we'll see these guys face off," "this is his last match as a Raw competitor." For whatever that's worth (not very much).

But what if they move the Miz to Smackdown, and move Del Rio to Raw, but keep Christian on Smackdown? Doesn't it then become obvious who's going to win the belt? Or what if they move Del Rio, but leave Christian and The Miz where they are?

Lab-Rat
04-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Huh...considering I pretty much only post in these threads anymore...I thought I would have had more posts.

XXXenophile
04-25-2011, 03:18 AM

I'm just happy I found myself on the list at all.

XXXenophile
04-25-2011, 03:19 AM

Also I think the majority of those posts were of the "Dammit Todd, stop calling me old" variety. :-)

XXXenophile
04-25-2011, 03:21 AM
Good point. Hadn't even thought of that but yeah that is bad timing.

They're obviously going to say all changes start after the PPV. Not the first time they've done the draft so close to a PPV. Might be the first time it was for a go-home show, but they're usually done bout two weeks prior if I remember correctly.

UltimateFactor
04-25-2011, 03:44 AM
But what if they move the Miz to Smackdown, and move Del Rio to Raw, but keep Christian on Smackdown? Doesn't it then become obvious who's going to win the belt? Or what if they move Del Rio, but leave Christian and The Miz where they are?

They can always do the "The draft doesn't take effect until NEXT week thing like they usually do, letting a few plot threads dangle until the Raw and Smackdown shows after the PPV and wind up any loose ends on those shows that are left over from the PPV.

joeAR
04-25-2011, 05:09 AM
When was the last time that the WWE made the Intercontinental Title seem important? The last time I can think of is when Randy Orton held it for eight months back in 04.

Weasel21385
04-25-2011, 05:45 AM
I'd love to see Orton get drafted to Smackdown and feud with Cody. Kind of a Cody showing he's all grown up and doesn't need Orton anymore type of moment.

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 06:46 AM
Post counts from the General Manager thread:

Gryphon 963
Masculine Todd 708
joeAR 491
Briomega 478
Adrian B AWESOME 472
Foolish Mortal 465
Scotland Green 462
SteveFlack 412
Roger 408
Kurt Russell Crowe 359
Kirblar 310
The Human Target 294
Benel Germosen 277
Gregory 250
Mark4myself 203
Daniel K. 189
iGotKittyPryde 163
Drew 154
moonspider 151
Damian696 145
Xorn 142
Brad N. 141
Steve Marshall 136
UltimateFactor 127
ImYrWoodbury 107
Bervda 79
michealdark 77
XXXenophile 70
usagi20 58
Prime 53
J Money 51
Alex 40
Your Pal, Carl 39
evophile 39
Weasel21385 39
Lab-Rat 35
DAVE 34
Jono 32
Ryan_ZOOM_Turner 25
arthurloewenkamp 22
morlock with a day pass 22
Blake Sims 18
Christopher Brian 15
Greyone 15
Zack_Hunter 15
THWIP! 15
Albert 14
LeggoMyEggolas 13
Kman00001 11
The Cheap-Arse Film Critic 11
Dr. Blasphemy 10
RoShambo 8
David Aspmo 8
Jason California 7
xanderharris 7
John M. Coker (Johnny C.) 6
Pat Loika 6
Rated C 6
Corey A. 5
HoneyDippinDan 5
Devil's Karma 4
Freeway 4
Jet 3
hyde 3
Anbecom Verted 3
MAK15 2
The Purple Skull 2
Michael-Deery 2
chazbot 2
UltimateQuintessa 2
xhondax 2
Captain Sensation 2
SidekicksRevenge 2
Iggy 1
BriRedfern 1
Nick Graham 1
The Dean 1
Ape-X 1
snuffy 1
Jetpack Comics 1
BGPu 1
Kyle_Olson 1
ashland10 1
pbys 1
Maestro 1
JeremyDale 1
Brewtown Andy 1
daredevil456 1
Mark Katzoff 1
Black Roman 1
SmoManCometh 1
MayorMitch100 1

Sweet #15!!!! I feel accomplished now.

I now have an epitaph for my Tombstone. "A father, A son, A friend, the 15th most frequent poster in the General Manager Wrestling Thread"

Foolish Mortal
04-25-2011, 06:48 AM
I'd love to see Orton get drafted to Smackdown and feud with Cody. Kind of a Cody showing he's all grown up and doesn't need Orton anymore type of moment.
Either Orton or Punk need to leave Raw. They've stretched their feud on long enough.

Roger
04-25-2011, 07:00 AM
off topic....
i liked the "wrestling thread lost it's edge" title....
but on the other hand, every time i would see it i would get sad....

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 07:31 AM
From the last thread:

He's not getting pushed because he no-sold in the match where he was teamed with Trish and basically was antagonistic to her because he felt the other divas (including/especially Melina) got screwed

Well in all fairness Melina WAS screwed.

She was screwed by Batista, she was screwed by Brian Kendrick, she was screwed by.....

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Either Orton or Punk need to leave Raw. They've stretched their feud on long enough.

Would be great to see them in a "Loser Leaves Raw" Match!!! That would be a great way to end the feud.

And I vote for Orton to move.

Kirblar
04-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Well in all fairness Melina WAS screwed.

She was screwed by Batista, she was screwed by Brian Kendrick, she was screwed by.....
....him?

Weasel21385
04-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Would be great to see them in a "Loser Leaves Raw" Match!!! That would be a great way to end the feud.

That would be great, to see Orton on Raw and give Punk a chance to do something other than lose to him every week on Raw and at every PPV. They should go back to the Punk/Bryan feud they teased earlier before Punk got injured.

Any idea when they are going to announce the releases? it's got to be soon right?

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 08:05 AM

From what I've heard they have rushed the draft due to Edge's retirement. That being said holding off one more week would not have been that detrimental but it seems they kinda panicked and rushed it. I know, doesn't sound like WWE at all, right?

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 08:05 AM
I want a Punk/Bryan feud and a Ryder/Rhodes feud!

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 08:06 AM
....him?

Sadly by just about everyone backstage EXCEPT Trish. That one I would love to see ;-)

Kirblar
04-25-2011, 08:11 AM
From what I've heard they have rushed the draft due to Edge's retirement. That being said holding off one more week would not have been that detrimental but it seems they kinda panicked and rushed it. I know, doesn't sound like WWE at all, right?
Next week is a Rock appearance. They got put in a really awkward spot timing-wise trying to move it up.

xhondax
04-25-2011, 08:13 AM

That would be cool to see but do you really see them having another match again with the PPV so close?
I hope they trade Cole to Smackdown since I don't watch that show.

Gregory
04-25-2011, 08:22 AM

He's already there, stinking up the joint with bland smarm and cliche heel antics.

Damian696
04-25-2011, 08:22 AM
The Official Wrestling Threads statistics:

The OFFICIAL Wrestling Page - 14,687 posts
first post: 05-12-2005, 10:16 PM / last post: 06-19-2006, 03:23 AM

The OFFICIAL Wrestling Page Reborn! - 10,041 posts
- first post: 06-19-2006, 04:10 AM / last post: 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM

The OFFICIAL Wrestling Thread Lost It's Smile - 10,193 posts

Official Wrestling Thread III: What the World is Watching! - 10,025 posts
- first post: 08-30-2007, 09:54 PM / 01-30-2008, 04:29 AM

The Official Wrestling Thread IV - In Your House - 10,056 posts
- first post: 01-30-2008, 03:51 AM / last post: 09-08-2008, 08:54 AM

The Official Wrestling Thread is Wished Well in All its Future Endeavors - 10,006 posts
- first post: 09-05-2008, 02:18 AM / last post: 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM

The Official Wrestling Thread has Been Suspended For a Wellness Violation ā€“ 10,062 posts
- first post: 09-12-2009, 09:31 PM / last post: 09-15-2010, 10:47 PM

The Official Wrestling Thread has received an E-mail from the General Manager! - 10.012 posts
- first post: 09-01-2010 04:47 AM / 04-25-11 01:57 AM

85,082 posts total

joeAR
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM

I like the way you think

THWIP!
04-25-2011, 08:30 AM
This upcoming PPV wil be what determines what we have to look forward to as far as the summer goes.

SteveFlack
04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Y'know, with building to a Rock/Cena 'Mania with a lack of Rock, I was just thinking about how making him the anonymous General Manager would have been a great idea. You could have kept the whole laptop GM thing going, except now, you'd know it's the Rock, so he could have played a role all year without having to be there everyweek. Maybe do some more pretaped bits. Plus all of the anti-Cena things the GM had done will now make sense.

Weasel21385
04-25-2011, 08:47 AM
What's the PPV after Extreme Rules? Is it Money in the Bank?

Bervda
04-25-2011, 08:53 AM
What's the PPV after Extreme Rules? Is it Money in the Bank?

No, it's over the limit. We killed Night of Champions, but kept Over the Limit. Sigh.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Y'know, with building to a Rock/Cena 'Mania with a lack of Rock, I was just thinking about how making him the anonymous General Manager would have been a great idea. You could have kept the whole laptop GM thing going, except now, you'd know it's the Rock, so he could have played a role all year without having to be there everyweek. Maybe do some more pretaped bits. Plus all of the anti-Cena things the GM had done will now make sense.

What if the GM is revealed to be Rikishi?

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 09:09 AM
I actually like Night of Champions as a ppv concept. So of course WWE gets rid of it.

Foolish Mortal
04-25-2011, 09:21 AM
The mystery GM is Cole. It's the only thing that makes sense. It can't be Rock. Why would he help Cole?

Weasel21385
04-25-2011, 09:35 AM
No, it's over the limit. We killed Night of Champions, but kept Over the Limit. Sigh.

Yuck. I don't know why they woudl get rid of Night of Champions. Maybe they will do it on a three hour Raw instead like they did with King of the Ring.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Whoever the GM turns out to be, it won't make sense if you go back and analyze it.

It will be Abraham Washington. Or Linda McMahon.

SteveFlack
04-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Oh, of course it won't make any sense. I'm more thinking of how it could have been a way to keep the Rock involved without actually having him on Raw every week.

Daniel K.
04-25-2011, 10:04 AM

Wow. So the one Gimmick PPV that really, truly made sense they get rid of? Awesome.

Briomega
04-25-2011, 10:04 AM
The mystery GM is Cole. It's the only thing that makes sense. It can't be Rock. Why would he help Cole?

Except it doesn't make sense because they have directly contradicted that even just a few weeks ago.

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-25-2011, 10:27 AM
They seem to hate the championships anyways, not surprised they axed Night of Champions. Just makes it look that more ridiculous when you pretend all the titles that have barely been defended/a part of anything in forever mean something for a month.

Weasel21385
04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Wow. So the one Gimmick PPV that really, truly made sense they get rid of? Awesome.

I don't know, I thougth The Elimination Chamber PPV worked this year. Both Chamber matches were solid and highlighted different spots that can only be used in the chamber. I hate The TLC PPV though.

UltimateFactor
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Pretty sure it's probably Orton going over to replace Edge as top face. Wouldn't mind Shaemus or Barrett losing their title at the PPV with Fella moving to Smackdown as secondary Face, perhaps even jumped by the Corre with DBD making the save and creating an uneasy alliance between the two. With their wins over the Corre finally driving the group apart if they aren't already split up during the Draft. And kick ass. I posted in every Wrestling thread except the first and the In your House thread. For some reason. No idea why I missed that one. Might have had no net around then.

Gregory
04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Orton is a pirate plank with a good finisher. He has zero charisma, his face-comeback stance looks like Frankenstein, and his clotheslines have the resolve of wet laundry.

This man is a natural bastard heel, and he brings nothing to the table as a good guy.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Ideally, every PPV should be a "night of champions," as titles were draws and PPV's would incorporate anything that, you know, drew money. The fact that they christened a PPV with "night of champions" and created a theme in which every title would be defended was a testament to how meaningless their straps are.

"WWE's annual Night of Champions: the one night in a year that you'll see an IC Title match on PPV!"

"WWE's annual Night of Champions: the only night this year where Kofi Kingston will be in a singles match on PPV!"

"WWE's annual Night of Champions: because apparently, we still have the US Championship!"

etc.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Man, Night of Champions would have been the perfect place to reinstate the European Championship. Night of Champions would've been 'ZEKE'D, leading to Mason Ryan chasing the belt until Rumble, where he wins the battle royal and becomes the first guy to choose a non-World/WWE Title to compete for at 'Mania in the form of the Euro strap.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Remember when there were two different tag titles? Those weren't the days...

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Orton is teeming with of charisma, but the optimal use for his brand of personality is as a heel.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Orton is teeming with of charisma, but the optimal use for his brand of personality is as a heel.

I've seen off tv interviews and dark match stuff where he actually shows personality. But his character (especially his face persona) is so boring and hollow.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Orton as a face makes no sense. Face don't punt people in the head. HOWEVER, the 'E is desperate for faces, and if he's over as such, they should use it.

THWIP!
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
When they brought Back the US Title it was a fucking event. There was a tournament that ended with Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit wrestling for the title in a fucking great match. It meant something.

Same when they brought Tag Titles to Smackdown and had a Tourney for that. Angel and Benoit vs Edge and Rey was a fucking awesome and then the inclusion of Los Guerreros. God damn that was amazing stuff. I miss that shit.

Why can I have a good under card or a decent tag team division. There really needs to be an overhaul and shit needs to change.

Briomega
04-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Orton needs to shave his head and start wearing a leather vest.

THWIP!
04-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Orton as a face makes no sense. Face don't punt people in the head. HOWEVER, the 'E is desperate for faces, and if he's over as such, they should use it.

Orton has no personality. It's become pretty clear since his face persona is the same as his heel persona.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Orton has no personality. It's become pretty clear since his face persona is the same as his heel persona.

...He owns a big bus?

Damian696
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
off topic....
i liked the "wrestling thread lost it's edge" title....
but on the other hand, every time i would see it i would get sad....

and we already had a thread that had lost its smile.

THWIP!
04-25-2011, 11:46 AM
...He owns a big bus?

Exactly.

Damian696
04-25-2011, 11:46 AM

would be nice to see New Nexus get screwed out on their new leader, though. :D

Gregory
04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
...He owns a big bus?

He RKOd the Lex Express.

The Avis Predator!

Damian696
04-25-2011, 11:50 AM

it's not too late to do that.

THWIP!
04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
After they got rid of Daniel Bryan the whole Nexus thing fell apart.

Besides the fact that when you fire someone, and he's fired for a month, he shouldn't be showing up on Raw every fucking week, making that fired stipulation pointless.

THWIP!
04-25-2011, 11:54 AM
They've painted themselves in a corner with the GM thing. It's gone on too long and the reveal will be lack luster. Especially if it ends up being Cole. He'll stick around and keep on making things worse.

michealdark
04-25-2011, 11:56 AM

Both great choices! Let's see those!

That would be cool to see but do you really see them having another match again with the PPV so close?

I hope they fire Cole. Or bring back HEAT and make him the sole announcer. Don't even have matches, just make it Cole talking to himself.

I've been thinking this way for awhile too, but it's too late to do it now.

Briomega
04-25-2011, 11:57 AM
They've painted themselves in a corner with the GM thing. It's gone on too long and the reveal will be lack luster. Especially if it ends up being Cole. He'll stick around and keep on making things worse.

If it means he's off commentary and only shows up once in awhile to make a match im ok with it even if it makes little sense.

My true hope is he gets traded to TNA tonight.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 11:57 AM
...He owns a big bus?

And he has three wives, all named Samantha!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:01 PM
I've seen off tv interviews and dark match stuff where he actually shows personality. But his character (especially his face persona) is so boring and hollow.

As a heel, he emitted personality. The unnerving facials, his proclivity to stalk his opponent in the ring, his sloth-like walk to the ring, the way he looms ominously over his "prey." There's myriad examples of Orton as a tremendous heel following his '08 injury. He returned and became this methodical, plodding sadist. He was one of the few "chicken-shit heels" who was legitimately scary. He was more about self-preservation, yet he still oozed this fearful intensity.

Orton from late '08-early last year was fantastic, and he peaked in those months leading up to 'Mania 25 (punting Vince and Shane, kissing a prone Stephanie, forcing her to watch as he mangled her brother, etc"). Fans were adamant about him being a face, and they exploited his popularity by castrating him further. The Orton we see now is diluted and boring. He's probably capable of kinetic movement and smiles and a catchphrase, but all of that is completely contradictory to the character that got him over so much, so now they have him teetering in this odd middle-ground. He's still moving slow, pounding his fists on the mat menacingly and scowling, but he does dropkicks, powerslams, raises his arms in that affected pose to generate pops and appears in commercials for family-based items/media.

Damian696
04-25-2011, 12:02 PM

at this point I honestly think they'll never going to reveal the GM, just drop it eventually.

Roger
04-25-2011, 12:02 PM
I want undertaker moved to raw so he can feud with Cena

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:03 PM

He had personality as a heel.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
He RKOd the Lex Express.

The Avis Predator!

:lol:

michealdark
04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Not really. His interview style never changes and the only personality he shows is when he's in full freakout mode. He's talented, and has finally been allowed to increase his move set, but he really isn't that charismatic

Gregory
04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
I want undertaker moved to raw so he can feud with Cena

I'd like to see Taker adopt a managerial role and send his minions to fight his battles. Kinda like the Ministry, but I'd make it more like Fight Club. He loves MMA. What about teaching some MMA moves to the more mat-based guys to sic on the unworthy? He stays out of action for months only to be goaded back into the ring by a top name for WrestleMania.

Isn't Cena the only big name left, you ask? And I say by next March, there's no telling who will be available from say TNA or UFC.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I'd like to see Taker adopt a managerial role and send his minions to fight his battles. Kinda like the Ministry, but I'd make it more like Fight Club. He loves MMA. What about teaching some MMA moves to the more mate-based guys to sic on the unworthy? He stays out of action for months only to be goaded back into the ring by a top name for WrestleMania.

Isn't Cena the only big name left, you ask? And I say by next March, there's no telling who will be available from say TNA or UFC.

That's hot.

Weasel21385
04-25-2011, 12:08 PM
at this point I honestly think they'll never going to reveal the GM, just drop it eventually.

They should just have it turn out that it's the person behind GTV and they can bring it back as Annonymous GMTV.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Not really. His interview style never changes and the only personality he shows is when he's in full freakout mode. He's talented, and has finally been allowed to increase his move set, but he really isn't that charismatic

Why would his promo style change? Randy didn't get over by being a fast-talking catchphrase machine.

Gregory
04-25-2011, 12:09 PM
That's hot.

Gay Fight Ministry, it is.

Adrian B AWESOME
I hope they never reveal the GM. Just use it as a device to piss off fans silly enough to root for the majority of the faces.

Masculine Todd
Trips should probably make a comeback for a while. He's the only non-Cena draw who's not crippled.

Gregory
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Why would his promo style change? Randy didn't get over by being a fast-talking catchphrase machine.

He had some charm during the RNN promos. But once he became the Legacy leader and fought Cena and Hunter, he opted for this minimalist presentation, and he doesn't project the kind of intensity needed for that. Instead he looks lethargic and stiff.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Randy Orton is Triple H sans charisma. Most of Triple H's charisma comes from whatever jacket he happens to be wearing that day.

michealdark
04-25-2011, 12:11 PM
There should be two different types of personality though when you move from heel to face though. And there should be more variety in general when doing promos if you want to convey emotion. Look at a guy like Cena. There's a clear difference between face and heel Cena, and even within those two facets there's differences between happy Cena, playful Cena, serious Cena, fired up Cena, and "I'm gonna kill you!" Cena.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:14 PM
He had some charm during the RNN promos. But once he became the Legacy leader and fought Cena and Hunter, he opted for this minimalist presentation, and he doesn't project the kind of intensity needed for that. Instead he looks lethargic and stiff.

He looks lethargic and stiff because there's nothing to support it. When he had an entourage and was free from the shackles of face-pandering, that approach was perfect - attacking people at a whim, punting authority figures, relishing in the misery of, say, Hunter while the man was handcuffed to ring ropes and was forced to bear witness to the debasement of his family. If you're going with an economical approach, there has to be some actions that lend fear to the stone-faced promos.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Dave Batista needs to come back and wear sunglasses and be big. Now that's a character!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
There should be two different types of personality though when you move from heel to face though. And there should be more variety in general when doing promos if you want to convey emotion. Look at a guy like Cena. There's a clear difference between face and heel Cena, and even within those two facets there's differences between happy Cena, playful Cena, serious Cena, fired up Cena, and "I'm gonna kill you!" Cena.

God no. Orton as a face shouldn't be sold like a deliberate, orchestrated "turn." With a character like that, if the fans decide he's a face, you simply deliver him in a nearly identical manner. Playful Cena and didactic, preachy Cena aren't good, and, in part, lead to such derision from older fans. Fired-up Cena's the one that sells things (when there seems to be some semblance of sincerity and conviction. He's great at that). Still, it's not really an apt comparison. Cena's character never necessitated a cold, detached vibe.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Also: what kind of man gets a tattoo around his naval? No one. Just Dave.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
I think it's pretty stupid just to turn a character into a face just because the crowd likes them, though.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Dave Batista needs to come back and wear sunglasses and be big. Now that's a character!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uELkRqvY3A

Briomega
04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Also: what kind of man gets a tattoo around his naval? No one. Just Dave.

Don't make fun of his sperm target.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM

That's why Cena is the man.

CM Punk also has many different promo
styles.

michealdark
04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Hell, the people LOVED Taker through much of the mid-90's and I don't think he was ever really a face then (except maybe against people the audience strongly disliked like (truly deranged) Mankind. I think that had less to do with Mick and more to do with Paul Bearer stabbing Taker in the back)

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Which reminds me: why doesn't Cody Rhodes use Maria's theme?

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
I think it's pretty stupid just to turn a character into a face just because the crowd likes them, though.

It depends. Sometimes, the fans dictate that shit. Eddie's turn at the end of '03 was entirely a reaction to fan response. No one wanted to boo the 'lie, cheat, steal' thing, and the company was right to do so.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wow74E5A7Ro

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Randy Orton is Triple H sans charisma. Most of Triple H's charisma comes from whatever jacket he happens to be wearing that day.

It's all about the Jackets. And how you wear them.
All about the leather.
All about the denim.
All about the. Denim vest over leather.

Gregory
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
CM Punk also has many different promo styles.

I liked his attitude when he took out Evan Bourne. Nothing messianic or obsessed. Just getting to work.

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Which reminds me: why doesn't Cody Rhodes use Maria's theme?

http://paleocave.sciencesortof.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Hes-On-Fire-NBA-Jam-2010-Trailer-595x394.jpg

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
It depends. Sometimes, the fans dictate that shit. Eddie's turn at the end of '03 was entirely a reaction to fan response. No one wanted to boo the 'lie, cheat, steal' thing, and the company was right to do so.

Absolutely. But Orton as a face merely because he gets cheers doesn't make sense.

michealdark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wow74E5A7Ro

For a guy that was purely a manager, Bearer cuts some KILLER promos. What you had with him and Taker was two of the best talkers of all time. One's a guy that can say and sell everything, to other a guy that doesn't need to say much, but when he talks can command armies.

Adrian B AWESOME
It's all about the Jackets. And how you wear them.
All about the leather.
All about the denim.
All about the. Denim vest over leather.

:lol:!!! Awesome!

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:30 PM
For a guy that was purely a manager, Bearer cuts some KILLER promos. What you had with him and Taker was two of the best talkers of all time. One's a guy that can say and sell everything, to other a guy that doesn't need to say much, but when he talks can command armies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTxmjud_IwM&feature=related

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Absolutely. But Orton as a face merely because he gets cheers doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I wouldn't have either, but they felt pressure to create a Cena alternative. That sucked.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:31 PM
I miss Dave.

(start at 6 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C0PcNNEKeQ&feature=related#t=6m01s

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIouC1oNIA0&feature=related

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't have either, but they felt pressure to create a Cena alternative. That sucked.

But how is he an alternative? Cena, faults in all, is a real character. Orton is not. In fact, it makes more sense to turn Punk face for once and make Orton leader of the Nexus. But that's just me.

michealdark
Oh no, Taker and Paul on Regis and Kathy Lee! BWAHAHA!

Masculine Todd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFetz84QwHU

Benel Germosen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uELkRqvY3A

Can someone get em the promo he shot where he goes " Cos' you're fat! And I know you bought two seats! "

michealdark
04-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Taker building Yokozuna's casket was for me growing up the creepiest, most awesome set of promos ever!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:36 PM
But how is he an alternative? Cena, faults in all, is a real character. Orton is not. In fact, it makes more sense to turn Punk face for once and make Orton leader of the Nexus. But that's just me.

Alternative in the demos he appeals to. Ostensibly, Cena reaches out to kids/women while Orton would, ideally, cater to an older crowd (has a "bad ass" persona, wears Affliction t-shirts and a shaved head, etc.). It's an example of myopic decision-making. There wasn't much foresight in that turn or how it could work.

Adrian B AWESOME
Del Rio goes to Raw. Orton or Cena (most like Orton) to SD. Those are your two major moves.

Adrian B AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFetz84QwHU

This makes me laugh every time.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Alternative in the demos he appeals to. Ostensibly, Cena reaches out to kids/women while Orton would, ideally, cater to an older crowd (has a "bad ass" persona, wears Affliction t-shirts and a shaved head, etc.). It's an example of myopic decision-making. There wasn't much foresight in that turn or how it could work.

I think this assumes women are stupid.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:39 PM
I'd also hesitate to say Cena's a "full character." He's a very charming repository of bad writing and hero tropes. There isn't much of a "John Cena character."

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
I think this assumes women are stupid.

They're the demo buying Cena merch the most (other than parents for kids), apparently.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Dave's lack of dialogue must've been due to his denim jacket still charging up. Thing takes longer than a railgun!

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I'd also hesitate to say Cena's a "full character." He's a very charming repository of bad writing and hero tropes. There isn't much of a "John Cena character."

He's a rapper marine! Hell, he's TWO characters!

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:42 PM
They're the demo buying Cena merch the most (other than parents for kids), apparently.

He is pretty handsome.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Taker building Yokozuna's casket was for me growing up the creepiest, most awesome set of promos ever!

:lol: Taker circa 91-96 with Bearer just cracks me up. It's so macabre.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM

He's neither of those things anymore. They should make him, like, an MMA fighter now! That's big.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:46 PM
He is pretty handsome.

This is simply not true.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:47 PM
This is simply not true.

God forgive me for asking this but why not Todd? What's not true about that?

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Can someone get em the promo he shot where he goes " Cos' you're fat! And I know you bought two seats! "

Not quite the same, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKyh_yxdB18#t=7m35s

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
God forgive me for asking this but why not Todd? What's not true about that?

Pug face. Gross. Use your head, Adrian. He wears colorful tractor hats!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_U6-omHDnw

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Great Moments in Draft History:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQvzRZnaWgs

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Pug face. Gross. Use your head, Adrian. He wears colorful tractor hats!

I don't know Todd! I just assume things!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't know Todd! I just assume things!

This is pretty serious. Do you not contemplate serious things before discussing them? I mean, would you do him?! Would your loved ones?!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:56 PM
WOULd THEY?! THINK!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm coming off a buzz from pep pills that I used to stay up all night and knock out a 16 page paper, but my posts are still valid. Adrian really messed up here.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLVnodhhQTc

Such big names like Matt Hardy, Umaga, Kane, and Mr. Kennedy! And the Triple H draft pick that didn't stick for two seconds! And the huge names in the supplemental draft! Mark Henry! Big Daddy V! Deuce! Chuck Palumbo!

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm coming off a buzz from pep pills that I used to stay up all night and knock out a 16 page paper, but my posts are still valid. Adrian really messed up here.

:lol: Man, I'm such an idiot!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Apologize to me, Adrian!

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Apologize to me, Adrian!

No.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 01:11 PM
@zackryder - WWE DRAFT tomorrow night. I'm hoping to get drafted from SUPERSTARS to either RAW or SMACKDOWN. WWWYKI.

joeAR
04-25-2011, 01:11 PM
I miss Douche'Tista.

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
http://pics.livejournal.com/demon48180/pic/002s46zg

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Seriously though, why does the 'E waste money on guys like Khali and Mark Henry who have never been popular, terrible workers, and have hit their ceilings years ago? It baffles me. And I know Vince likes big guys and such, but I still have to constantly complain about it.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 01:18 PM
@zackryder - WWE DRAFT tomorrow night. I'm hoping to get drafted from SUPERSTARS to either RAW or SMACKDOWN. WWWYKI.

I love this dude. He is going to be so awesome in ROH!

Kurt Russell Crowe
Remember when Mark Henry pinned World Champion Rey Mysterio in a non title match after basically a squash? Good times.

Greenville 90210
Seriously though, why does the 'E waste money on guys like Khali and Mark Henry who have never been popular, terrible workers, and have hit their ceilings years ago? It baffles me. And I know Vince likes big guys and such, but I still have to constantly complain about it.

Vince likes when big guys hold his hand.

Benel Germosen
04-25-2011, 01:19 PM

I think we lost Todd.

joeAR
04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
The WWE's problem is simple. Vince McMahon has the last say in anything creative. A man who is 65 years old should not have the final say when it comes to anything creative for a company that has anything to do with pop culture.

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-25-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmowYlJu3Q8

THWIP!
04-25-2011, 01:23 PM
That draft where Triple H went to Smackdown was fun. And he actually stayed there for a year. I was surprised.

I have no idea what to expect from the draft tonight, I just hope it isn't a mess.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
The WWE's problem is simple. Vince McMahon has the last say in anything creative. A man who is 65 years old should not have the final say when it comes to anything creative for a company that has anything to do with pop culture.

Yup. He needs to be more like Lorne Michaels and less like Andy Rooney.

Vince should be quality control but shouldn't dictate every little move. Especially when he no longer knows what he wants. He wants the WWE to be like 80's WWF, except without the wrestling or the fun characters!

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 01:28 PM
That draft where Triple H went to Smackdown was fun. And he actually stayed there for a year. I was surprised.

I have no idea what to expect from the draft tonight, I just hope it isn't a mess.

I think the supplemental draft will really give us a better idea of who will be released soon.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
No.

I see.

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM
That picture of Cody is just wrong. I'm trying to eat dinner here guys....

Now this sausage just feels so wrong.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 01:39 PM

See you guys in 4 and a half minutes!

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Word is Dixie is out as head in TNA and Bischoff is calling shots. May be old news but regardless I think TNA just made a lateral move. Good job TNA!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 01:41 PM

Eh, the attractions are good to have around in a limited capacity.

michealdark
04-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Del Rio goes to Raw. Orton or Cena (most like Orton) to SD. Those are your two major moves.

Yeah, I can see both of those happening.

I miss hip-hop Cena. Sure, you can criticize how much of what he does there as gay jokes, but I still find it funny. Even when he was a heel he made me laugh so hard at times my sides would hurt. And the chain and padlock necklace was something that looked like he could really bhust somone up with it.

:lol: Taker circa 91-96 with Bearer just cracks me up. It's so macabre.

It was meant to be macabre. Taker was meant to be both the Angel of Death and some kind of undead zombie thing. Hence the horribly grotesque make-up. I think about '93 or '94 so he really started to come alive. He dropped the whole "move like a zombie" thing and started to show the kind of pure athleticism he has.

Yup. He needs to be more like Lorne Michaels and less like Andy Rooney.

Vince should be quality control but shouldn't dictate every little move. Especially when he no longer knows what he wants. He wants the WWE to be like 80's WWF, except without the wrestling or the fun characters!

Yup! I was hoping either Shane or Hunter would take over the main decision-making process because I think even for their ages they have a better finger on the pulse of things than Vince has.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Eh, the attractions are good to have around in a limited capacity.

Not really...

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Batista's MMA Deal is dead!!!

Could a return to WWE be soon in the making?

http://nodq.com/wwe/305765335.shtml

Mark4myself
04-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Earlier today it seems WWE.com briefly had Alberto Del Rio listed as being on Raw and this weekend Natalya was briefly listed as a member of Raw as well. Both mistakes have been corrected but it may be a glimpse into what happens with the draft. If Del Rio does go to Raw i'm guessing either he wins the title and they do a champions switch or Miz loses the belt. No way Del Rio goes to Raw with Miz as champion.

http://nodq.com/wwe/305764455.shtml

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Earlier today it seems WWE.com briefly had Alberto Del Rio listed as being on Raw and this weekend Natalya was briefly listed as a member of Raw as well. Both mistakes have been corrected but it may be a glimpse into what happens with the draft. If Del Rio does go to Raw i'm guessing either he wins the title and they do a champions switch or Miz loses the belt. No way Del Rio goes to Raw with Miz as champion.

http://nodq.com/wwe/305764455.shtml

Yep, also:

Cena and Orton to SD
Phoenix and Mysterio to Raw

But who knows. May be a swerve. May be the ULTIMATE swerve.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Batista quit on the 'E when they were still ok talent-wise but they're in a pretty bad way now. They need a solid face (which is how he will more than likely be greeted if he returns) and that could be a good way of getting one.

Kirblar
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, Batista quit on the 'E when they were still ok talent-wise but they're in a pretty bad way now. They need a solid face (which is how he will more than likely be greeted if he returns) and that could be a good way of getting one.
The heel persona was on FIRE, though, and there are a lot of fresh matchups for him as a heel that aren't there as a face.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 02:11 PM
The heel persona was on FIRE, though, and there are a lot of fresh matchups for him as a heel that aren't there as a face.

I agree, but as you can see, the company really doesn't need more heels.

michealdark
04-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't think he should come back, myself. He was already older when hired in. His body has been having a bad tendency to fail on him when he was last in. He's got only a few more years left.

Adrian B AWESOME
04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't think he should come back, myself. He was already older when hired in. His body has been having a bad tendency to fail on him when he was last in. He's got only a few more years left.

It's a valid point. He's Hunter's age and while he doesn't have the wear and tear that Trips does, a 40-something in the ring is still a 40-something in the ring.

THWIP!
04-25-2011, 02:22 PM

Agreed. I really came around on him when he was Douchetista. It made for great tv.

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Indeed, Douchetista was fantastic. Face Sheamus/Douchetista feud, go!

Roger
04-25-2011, 02:32 PM
As far as batista doing mma...he got beat up by booker t....how did he think he was going to be dominate with real fighters?

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Not really...

The product doesn't thrive if there's a bunch of 5'10 dudes walking around. A homogenized roster eliminates the visual dynamics of "big and small" and kills stories and angles predicated on size disadvantages/advantages. Moreover, there's a novelty-factor with a guy like Khali. Kids like "freaks," and he appeals to his native country's people.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
For all the conjecturing about Del Rio and Orton moving, if Alberto's transferred to Raw, Smackdown will need a main-event heel as well. Otherwise, we'd have Miz, Del Rio, Punk and Sheamus all on one brand, leaving Smackdown with Cody and Wade Barrett (they're both strong performers, but the former's yet to headline anything and the latter's push has all but disintegrated).

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Indeed, Douchetista was fantastic. Face Sheamus/Douchetista feud, go!

Yes!

Semi-related: there's so much for Sheamus to do as a lovable-yet-fearless, 'Irish Warrior' face. At the very least, there's more potential match-ups: Miz/Sheamus, Punk/Sheamus, Del Rio/Sheamus (I think, as characters, they'd match up well), Swagger/Sheamus (obnoxious 'All-American American' vs. the Celtic Warrior could be a really cool semi-main-event program).

Benel Germosen
04-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Pulling this from the CBR Wrestling Thread:

Major Extensive Update - Melina/Morrison
Article By: Ryan Clark | Posted on: April 25, 2011, 9:34am

To follow up on the story of John Morrison snubbing Trish Stratus at WrestleMania XXVII, friends of the RAW Superstar were shocked by his cold behavior. The assumption of many within WWE is that real-life girlfriend Melina was in his ear all week because she believed Stratus was taking her spot at the pay-per-view event.

WWE sources say as Status was presenting her match suggestions to Morrison backstage, he said things such as "I'm not feeling that" (coined several years ago by Hulk Hogan in WCW) and "I don't want to look at you."

Kelly Kelly was scheduled for the Six-person Mixed Tag Team Match at one point, but the addition of Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi to the bout apparently led to a change in plans. It has been speculated that WWE instigated rumors of Kelly Kelly appearing in the match to prevent news of Snooki wrestling from leaking out.

Multiple people within WWE are blaming the entire situation on Melina as they feel she's primarily responsible for the friction between Morrison and Stratus. Melina has been a heat magnet within the locker room for years, which is why a number of her pushes have been derailed.

Comparisons to former WWE talent Tammy Sytch (a/k/a Sunny) were drawn early in her WWE run as many people felt she was similarly difficult to deal with and that her ego was out of control. Melina was sentenced to face The Undertaker in "Wrestler's Court" in early 2006 due to her unscrupulous behavior, which is the unofficial forum among WWE talent for the policing of wrestlers that violate the rules and traditions of the company. Her ill-behaved manners persisted and she found herself transferred from SmackDown to Raw.

There have been numerous other accounts of friction between Melina and her locker room peers dating back to her time in WWE's developmental system.

* She had issues with veteran female talent such as Amy "Lita" Dumas kicking her out of the locker room and forcing her to change in the hallway. Melina carried on the tradition with some of the younger Divas once she became a veteran herself.

* Melina was involved in a backstage altercation with Sharmell on May 13, 2006 at a SmackDown live event in El Paso, Texas. The incident was triggered by Batista's fistfight with Booker T the week prior during shooting for the SummerSlam commercial.

* Melina engaged in a war of words with Candice Michelle via blog postings on WWE.com. In early 2007, Michelle accused Melina of stealing one of her signature wrestling maneuvers. Melina responded to her accusation by posting a picture of herself performing the maneuver in question during an independent wrestling event in 2003, proving that she was using it long before Michelle joined WWE. Michelle fired back with a defamatory post, which WWE.com deemed unsuitable to publish. Michelle also took exception to Melina claiming that she had a "spare tire" during an episode of Raw, saying she was jealous. The off-screen animosity ultimately shifted on-screen via storyline.

* Taryn Terrell (a/k/a Tiffany) stated during an interview following her elimination from the 2007 Diva Search that Melina was the one Diva she was warned about by WWE personnel.

* Maria Kanellis was not complementary of Melina's backstage demeanor in interviews following her release from WWE last year.

* Brooke Adams, who now performs as Miss Tessmacher in TNA Wrestling, revealed in an interview earlier this year that her departure from WWE in 2007 had nothing to do with Melina?as rumored. She did, however, disparage her former colleague's character. Adams stated, "The reason I left WWE never had anything to do with her, that was just a rumor. When I left I was actually the only person that liked her. She was such a rude, fake, bitch to everyone. She then tried to turn my girls Layla and Kelly Kelly against me by telling them a lie that I said which in reality was a rumor that she started. It was never anything I said. I can't stand her and neither can most of the rest."

* Melina harbored great animosity towards Mickie James early in her career. She trashed James for months on the message forum of her official website while the two worked side by side in Ohio Valley Wrestling, going as far to call her a 'slut' in one post (while also belittling future TNA Knockout Angelina Love).

Melina wrote: "I'd rather work with a Diva who has no training than work with Alexis Laree.

"She steals other girls moves. Is lazy and doesn't care about anyone but herself. It's justice that she isn't on tv.

"But I do want to see hard working girls such as Beth Pheonix and Shelly Martinez up on the show... as for Angel Williams... she can cry on a pillow with Alexis - slut - Laree."

Shortly after James' promotion to the main roster in October 2005, Melina posted a lengthy commentary alleging she was victimized by the Richmond native?without referring to her by name.

Melina wrote: "I know that there's going to be people who don't understand. I'm sorry... I can't help the way I feel about HER (I Hope you know who HER is). I tried my best to get along with the girl. It's just not meant to be. I don't know if you've seen America's Next Top Model and how cady girls can be on that show... well, welcome to my world with HER. She hated me from the day I showed up to Louisville. She made sure my life there wasn't great. You WOULD think it was a new person thing, but when new people came around, I was still the one who got her crap. But you know, as she tried to break me.... I just got stronger and tried harder. Our work got us on tv and She hated that I was on tv first.

"She hated that I got any attention at all. You know.... I don't consider myself pretty. Not at all. Not like the other girls. And I am cool with that. Like I have said before, looks come and go but the way I am, the way i treat people and the things I accomplish in life... that can never be taken away from me. I can die right now knowing how I touched peoples lives.... I know that I did things on my terms. I never took off my clothes, kissed ass or slept with anyone to get my spot. I worked hard. I'm not perfect but I give the people my all."

The entire post can be read at http://www.cheapassgamer.com/

In general, Melina has a reputation behind the scenes for being 'a head case'. People within WWE were praising her for returning with a improved attitude following her long injury layoff last year, but others immediately predicted that it wouldn't last long.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 03:41 PM
From F4W:

Not a lot on the draft. As noted yesterday, for a brief period of time, Beth Phoenix was listed on the Raw page. At one point today, Alberto Del Rio was listed on the Raw page. The one thing we do know is Del Rio was scheduled in June when they were originally going to have the draft to be moved at that time to Raw. Whether this is people jumping the gun or clerical errors, I don't know, but they've kept the draft stuff pretty quiet. The only thing we've heard is that as of last night the key decision (who becomes the top Smackdown babyface) and key thing regarding the draft had not been decided. There was talk of drafting Undertaker to Raw to make up for whoever the big babyface star that goes to Smackdown ends up being. What is also holding things up is Vince McMahon wants the top matches at SummerSlam decided on now, and thus moving talent around accordingly. They have to both do the draft, promote Rock on next week's show, and also promote Sunday's PPV show, plus the idea was to do another Cole-Ross angle.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I wonder if Zack Ryder will be in the Battle Royal?

iGotKittyPryde
04-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I shall kick off my participation in this thread by... FANTASY BOOKING.

According to F4W the show is to begin with a Battle Royal for 2 draft picks. I'd like to see the General Managers acknowledged as giving the winner a prize of some sort (maybe do that as on going motif of the show - you win and you get a free wish from the GM?) Have it come down to Cody and Rey and someone from Raw. Cody dumps Rey and the Raw guy to be the surprise winner. Rey is annoyed on the outside and we get the first draft pick - Ted DiBiase, who dutifully comes down and attacks Rey setting up a two on one... until the second pick is announced - Sin Cara, who makes the save and sends the former Legacy packing.

Have Ted try and convince Cody to make his wish to make it a tag match and have Cody blow him off and say that he already screwed things up for him. Slow burning Ted and Cody with a Ted face turn.

It's announced the remaining draft matches are:

Punk vs. Christian
Swagger vs. Cena
Orton vs. Barrett
Divas Match for Divas pick
Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown 10 Man for 3 picks

Punk beats Christian with a bit of interference in a long match - Raw gets a draft pick and it turns out to be... The Undertaker.

Orton beats Barrett. The draft pick? Alberto Del Rios. Hey now.

Raw Divas beat Smackdown Divas - Beth Phoenix to Raw.

Swagger beats Cena in a screwy match with lots of interference from Miz and Cole - Morrison tries to make the save but 'accidentally' costs him the match. Swagger manages to get the ankle lock on and Cena eventually goes out. Smackdown gets Morrison.

Santino beats Heath Slater to win Raw one more draft pick - it's Swagger.

Big Show, Kane, Drew McIntyre, Kofi and Ted DiBiase beat John Morrison, R-Truth, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Sheamus when R-Truth and Morrison can't stop brawling and Big Show knock out punches Daniel Bryan while he's trying to tell them to knock it off. The three picks are: Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and Sheamus.

Supplemental draft, 5 picks a piece:
Michelle to Raw
Zach to Smackdown
Kofi to Raw
Evan to Smackdown
Big Show to Raw
Skip Sheffield to Smackdown
Justin Gabriel to Raw
Michael McGulicutty to Smackdown
Drew to Raw
Alex Riley to Smackdown

This means:

Raw Babyfaces:
Cena
Orton
Big Show
(Triple H)
(Undertaker)
Gabriel (turn)
Kofi

Raw Heels:
Miz
Del Rio
Swagger
Truth
Drew

Smackdown Faces:
Christian
Morrison
Mysterio
Cara
Bryan
Bourne

Smackdown Heels:
Punk
Sheamus
Cody
Skip
Ted
Zach
Joe Hennig (name change, please - throw him in with Ted and Cody and have them turn into the new Legacy)

Extreme Rules then has Punk vs. Orton in their last ever match, Alberto aiming to bring the title the Raw vs. Christian, Cena vs. Morrison vs. Miz with Morrison possibly taking the belt to Smackdown...

I'd probably do the surprise route of giving Christian the title, Miz retains and have Punk beat Orton. Then set up Punk vs. Christian for the Smackdown Title, Cena vs. Swagger with Cole, Alberto vs. Orton...

SummerSlam can be:

Miz (c) vs. Cena in his final shot, (with Rock as special ref?)
Punk (c) vs. Morrison
HHH vs. Del Rios
Cara, Mysterio & Bourne vs. New Legacy (maybe taking the name Evolution and tossing in Skip as their muscle?)
Zach vs. Bryan for the IC Title
Swagger vs. Orton

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Remember that time Adrian said Cena was attractive? What's your deal, Adrian?! Can we talk about that some more?

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Seeing as how they need depth (this will lead to jokes), they should bring Husky back, because that dude's great. Draft Husky to Smackdown and position him as a good ol' boy, redneck asskicker in cowboy boots. He'd make a strong supporting heel in a secondary spot. I could get behind a Husky/Rey Intercontinental Championship program, or a Husky/Danielson US Title feud.

iGotKittyPryde
04-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Remember that time Adrian said Cena was attractive? What's your deal, Adrian?! Can we talk about that some more?

Pretty lame, yeah. Cena? C'mon now. Cut off and a trucker hat? He's about as hot at Larry the Cable Guy.

Kirblar
04-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Cena's a good looking guy, but its not conventionally handsome. Which is a good thing- being generically good looking actually hurts you because it makes you less memorable. If a guy has a scar on his face, you remember THAT.

iGotKittyPryde
04-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Seeing as how they need depth (this will lead to jokes), they should bring Husky back, because that dude's great. Draft Husky to Smackdown and position him as a good ol' boy, redneck asskicker in cowboy boots. He'd make a strong supporting heel in a secondary spot. I could get behind a Husky/Rey Intercontinental Championship program, or a Husky/Danielson US Title feud.

He's listed as on the Raw roster on the official 'draft' line ups listed on the website. But then again, so is Michael Tarver.

Greenville 90210
04-25-2011, 03:57 PM

Hell yes.

iGotKittyPryde
04-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Skip/Husky redneck tag team would work wonders, I think.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Cena's a good looking guy, but its not conventionally handsome. Which is a good thing- being generically good looking actually hurts you because it makes you less memorable. If a guy has a scar on his face, you remember THAT.

Cena's gross, as per my infallible standard of judging the attractiveness of men. You're as bad as Adrian!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Pretty lame, yeah. Cena? C'mon now. Cut off and a trucker hat? He's about as hot at Larry the Cable Guy.

See, Ryan gets it. Best dude.

UltimateFactor
04-25-2011, 04:10 PM

I agree with this. I always liked the "Outlaw" tag teams.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 04:11 PM
He's listed as on the Raw roster on the official 'draft' line ups listed on the website. But then again, so is Michael Tarver.

What happened to that two or three week deal where they had Tarver in the background of all those backstage happenstances? Dude gets jumped, there's Tarver. Dude has a crisis of conscience, there's Tarver. Big Show's hungry? There's Tarver. It'd have been cool if he were this agent of chaos or something; he's a guy who acts as a catalyst for all these events, but we only see what transpires after he gets in the various participants ears. Plausible deniability.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 04:13 PM

If the purported plans of having him as an ultra-face go through, I'd rather have that. Skip's surprisingly lithe for his size, which would allow him to execute a few "cool/visually stimulating face spots," he's got the size and he can kinda talk. I think he's a pretty decent candidate to get a super-push if they're set on flinging a relatively unknown guy to the top.

Tag teams just seem like a kiss of death for new guys. If they're paired together, it's likely because they haven't any plans for them. It's probable that they'll be forgotten by the time a random breakup is scheduled.

iGotKittyPryde
04-25-2011, 04:14 PM
See, Ryan gets it. Best dude.

Feel like we were on the wrong page in the GM thread. Wanted to rectify it. New thread, new start, old friends. Pretty sentimental shit, right there.

Kman00001
04-25-2011, 04:15 PM
From F4W:

I think Undertaker should be exempt from the draft. He wrestles, what? 2-5 times per year? Just have him show up wherever he wants or is needed and save that draft "slot" for someone else.

I shall kick off my participation in this thread by... FANTASY BOOKING.

I like this idea. Really nice rosters. Which means they won't do it...

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-25-2011, 04:16 PM
santino to smackdown as the big face!

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Feel like we were on the wrong page in the GM thread. Wanted to rectify it. New thread, new start, old friends. Pretty sentimental shit, right there.

We disagreed on something about pro wrestling. That shit's nothing. This love runs deep, bro.

Masculine Todd
04-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I hope Swagger gets a push out of this somehow.

UltimateFactor
04-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm surprised. I've been really enjoying Tough Enough.

Kirblar
04-25-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm surprised. I've been really enjoying Tough Enough.
Thats because WWE isn't the main production team.

Drew
04-25-2011, 04:37 PM
The Last Ten Minutes of Tough Enough are among the best ten minutes of TV.

iGotKittyPryde
04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Colt Cabana is one of the guests on a just posted live episode of The Sound of Young America. I haven't listened yet but I heard him announced as part of it on Jordan Jesse Go and was excited for his appearance. Jesse didn't seem to know anything about him outside of people telling him he was legit and the champion of something (WCW, he guessed, which amused me)

iGotKittyPryde
04-25-2011, 04:41 PM
A Link:

http://maximumfun.org/sound-young-america/peter-sagal-colt-cabana-and-more-sound-young-america-live-chicago

Drew
04-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Colt Cabana is one of the guests on a just posted live episode of The Sound of Young America. I haven't listened yet but I heard him announced as part of it on Jordan Jesse Go and was excited for his appearance. Jesse didn't seem to know anything about him outside of people telling him he was legit and the champion of something (WCW, he guessed, which amused me)

It's a good interview, may not tell you anything new, but Colt was a good ambassador for the Entertainment Industry.

Briomega
04-25-2011, 04:44 PM
The Last Ten Minutes of Tough Enough are among the best ten minutes of TV.

Yep. No need to watch any of the rest of the show.

iGotKittyPryde
04-25-2011, 04:45 PM
It's a good interview, may not tell you anything new, but Colt was a good ambassador for the Entertainment Industry.

I'd imagine he would be. I was just saying on another forum (aspecialthing.com - comedy nerd shit, yo) that WTF or one of the other podcasts should have one of the many wrestler/comedians on and he'd probably be the best of them to have but Foley or Piper would be likelier to be a name enough to get booked.