PDA

View Full Version : [HELP!] Can someone explain to me...

McGill
04-15-2011, 09:46 AM
In The Dark Knight, when Batman pulls the bullt piece out of the wall. Wtf is going on there? Why does he shoot other pieces with random bullets if he has to use the original to get the fingerprint?

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me.

Rick_O
04-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Ballisitcs

McGill
04-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Ballisitcs

That helps in no possible way. You can get balistics off the piece he originally had. He still shoots another for no apparent reason.

Ryudo
04-15-2011, 09:59 AM
In The Dark Knight, when Batman pulls the bullt piece out of the wall. Wtf is going on there? Why does he shoot other pieces with random bullets if he has to use the original to get the fingerprint?

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me.

Because he's Batman.

Kingsumo
04-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Here is the scene in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ddn5e598Y

He takes the brick, not the bullet. Uses the bullets to confirm what size gauge the barrel is of the gun, and then uses a 3d scan of the bricks to make a composite of what the bullet would look like including the fingerprint.

The whole scene is silly as far as tech goes. He may as well have just pulled a bat-bullet extractor from his utility belt for all the science involved.

McGill
04-15-2011, 10:05 AM

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ddn5e598Y (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ddn5e598Y)

He takes the brick, not the bullet. Uses the bullets to confirm what size gauge the barrel is of the gun, and then uses a 3d scan of the bricks to make a composite of what the bullet would look like including the fingerprint.

The whole scene is silly as far as tech goes. He may as well have just pulled a bat-bullet extractor from his utility belt for all the science involved.

This would be the reason in which I like Batman Begins much better.

capntightpants
04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Because he's Batman.

Isn't that really the only answer we need?

McGill
04-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Isn't that really the only answer we need?

Yes. It truly is.

Rod Nunley
04-15-2011, 10:16 AM
We all understand that these movies take place in a fictional world ... right?

Kingsumo
04-15-2011, 10:19 AM

I call bullshit. That twitchy guy who sold me the plane tickets to Gotham totally said that he saw Batman there all the time.

McGill
04-15-2011, 10:22 AM

Yes, but the scene is so conveluded it was hard to piece together what was actually happening. Whether it be fictional or not.

Doug
04-15-2011, 10:55 AM

Is that why Superman hasn't answered my prayers? :cry:

Stark Raving
04-15-2011, 11:00 AM
:heart::heart:

Ryan Elliott
04-15-2011, 11:18 AM

:lol:

Drkemerld73
04-15-2011, 11:23 AM

Next you're going to tell me that he didn't really need to be using that Bat-radar tech to fight the Joker hand to hand, and when he was smacked upside the head, he really didn't know what to do when it went all glitchy.

:no:

Professor Oreo
04-15-2011, 11:25 AM

A fictional world where science and physics hold no sway apparently...

Stark Raving
04-15-2011, 11:30 AM
A fictional world where science and physics hold no sway apparently...
The same fictional world where a man can only survive inside a containment suit that keeps him at subzero temperatures.
While he runs around shooting his freeze ray.

SteveFlack
04-15-2011, 11:34 AM

You're saying that the Nolan movies are silly as far as tech goes? Poppycock!

Now, where is my water evaporating gun?

Kedd
04-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Maybe we should crowd source the Nolan brothers back to science school

Kingsumo
04-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Is that why Superman hasn't answered my prayers? :cry:

Oh my no. No, the truth is, Superman is actually kind of a dick.

Next you're going to tell me that he didn't really need to be using that Bat-radar tech to fight the Joker hand to hand, and when he was smacked upside the head, he really didn't know what to do when it went all glitchy.

:no:

:lol: Another bit of brilliant technology, that.

Drkemerld73
04-15-2011, 11:44 AM
:lol: Another bit of brilliant technology, that.

Honestly that the only part of the movie that bugged me.

But Bruce was still on a learning curve, so maybe he'll be smarter in the future. He does have to develop plans to take down all of the Justice League should they go mad and want to rule the world. :)

Doug
04-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh my no. No, the truth is, Superman is actually kind of a dick.

:rofl:

Magnum V.I.
04-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Obviously this proves Two Face is still alive.

capntightpants
04-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Maybe we should crowd source the Nolan brothers back to science school

At some point, I'm going to say that you're really beating a dead horse. But this is not the moment. :lol:

Buk Was Right
04-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Obviously this proves Two Face is still alive.

No he's not!

I WILL MURDER YOU FOREVER!

McGill
04-15-2011, 04:51 PM
No he's not!

Murdering someone forever sounds like more work than its worth.

Magnum V.I.
04-15-2011, 05:43 PM
No he's not!

He's alive. Obviously in a world that's fictional where normal science and physics don't work, HE SURVIVED THAT FALL!! HE IS ALIVE!!!

c. page
04-15-2011, 06:24 PM
No he's not!

And thus will start the debate of whether Magnum V.I. is actually dead or not.

Kedd
04-15-2011, 06:41 PM
At some point, I'm going to say that you're really beating a dead horse. But this is not the moment. :lol:
I warned you I would be making a lot of crowd sourcing jokes for a while.

tooms
04-15-2011, 06:50 PM
I call bullshit. That twitchy guy who sold me the plane tickets to Gotham totally said that he saw Batman there all the time.

He fooled you. Everybody in Gotham City knows that "the Batman" is only a urban legend.

McGill
04-15-2011, 07:29 PM
He fooled you. Everybody in Gotham City knows that "the Batman" is only a urban legend.

The only real superhero is Jesus. We all know that.

DaveCummings
04-15-2011, 07:43 PM
This would be the reason in which I like Batman Begins much better.

The ballistic thing bugs you to the point that you like Batman Begins better. But doesn't Batman begins has a machine that instantly evaporates water?

McGill
04-15-2011, 07:50 PM
The ballistic thing bugs you to the point that you like Batman Begins better. But doesn't Batman begins has a machine that instantly evaporates water?

Yes. Which I forgive for the fact that they say it uses "targeted microwaves" which in fact would disrupt water molecules and would turn them into gas. It would turn the people into giant piles of shit as well, but... I forgive it.

The ballistics thing just makes no sense. He could have just printed the bodies and the scene. It would have been quicker.

Also TDK has the god awful bat-pod which in theory is cool, but when it shoots from the batmobile and the climbs walls to change direction...no, just no.

NeverWanderer
04-15-2011, 10:58 PM
The ballistics thing just makes no sense. He could have just printed the bodies and the scene. It would have been quicker.

I read it as him going to such lengths because there were no other prints at the scene.

McGill
04-16-2011, 06:52 AM
I read it as him going to such lengths because there were no other prints at the scene.

This would make sense.

DaveCummings
04-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Yes. Which I forgive for the fact that they say it uses "targeted microwaves" which in fact would disrupt water molecules and would turn them into gas. It would turn the people into giant piles of shit as well, but... I forgive it.

Also TDK has the god awful bat-pod which in theory is cool, but when it shoots from the batmobile and the climbs walls to change direction...no, just no.

So....you can forgive something that makes no sense as long as it's a Macguffin?

The Robot Lord of Tokyo
04-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Two Face DID survive the fall. Unfortunately he suffered a massive infection from having half of his face burned off and walking around with it exposed. Harvey Dent's fall from grace demoralized Gotham City horribly until Harvey's half brother Harvy Dent (as portrayed by Billy Dee Willaims) was elected into office and had another golden era of law enforcement until he was assassinated by his other half brother Harvee Dent (as portrayed by Tommy Lee Jones) who was deemed to be way too silly to be taken seriously as a threat. Then Darkseid showed up. And that is where the 3rd Nolan Batman movie picks up.

McGill
04-16-2011, 07:52 AM
So....you can forgive something that makes no sense as long as it's a Macguffin?

Yes.

McGill
04-16-2011, 07:55 AM
I can get it if it lended to the story. The scene in the dark knight didn't really lead to anything.

The Human Target
04-16-2011, 08:20 AM
While I am quick to make fun of things, and I agree that the scene in question is not very clear.

Batman finds a shattered bullet in the wall. The crime scene itself is evidence-less, so he decides to see if the bullet has anything he can go on, like a finger print. But he needs to figure out how to reassemble the broken bullet in the wall. So he used the same caliber bullets to shoot the same kind of wall from the same power gun to see how those bullets break up. Then he has the clues to put the original bullet back together, and get a clean print off of it.

Makes total sense, in a complicated Batman way.

Seriously, he drives a fucking tank back to his hideout and flies in those movies.

Fun with bullets is not his greatest sin.

The Human Target
04-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Oops