PDA

View Full Version : In the NW? Nothing to do April 4th? Love discussion about comics and "craft"? Then...

Rantz
03-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey all

If any of you are in the inland NW, and are interested, I'm doing a guest lecture at WSU on the use of digital media in storytelling and narratives. It's focused on comics, but will also cover other forms (such as illustrated books, short stories, and magazines)

Hope to see some of you there!

Details...

April 4th
4:30pm at the WSU FA Auditorium FA 5062
Pullman, WA
“Digital Narratives & Storytelling in the Post-iPad Age”
http://wsuphotography.blogspot.com/2011/03/visiting-artist-rantz-hoseley.html

I’ll be talking about techniques and technology to create unique narrative experience that fulfill the promise of the MetaHyperInterconnectedMobileWhatEVer Media touted by tablet and mobile device companies, while ensuring that a.) the story still comes first, b.) utilizing said techniques or technology is not just a “gimmick” and c.) that the conventions and lexicon of comics and illustrated storytelling is expanded upon (rather than mindlessly ignored with horrific results – see: motion comics)

April 5th
4-6pm Signing and QA at Safari Pearl in Moscow, ID
221 E Third st Moscow Idaho 83843

Additionally, if you are a WSU FA and/or Communications major, I will be giving two workshops. One on the 4th, and one on the 5th. These are not open to the general public, but we will be video recording all of these and putting them online later.

Hope to see some of you there!