PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever reach a point in life..

Persevering Guy
07-07-2005, 08:15 PM
where everything is going so good that you say to yourself, "nothing can bring me down (as in depressed) now" and then your girlfriend dumps you and you have to move across the country and your life as you knew completely falls apart, but it turns out that it didn't fall apart, it transformed and you grew into a wiser person and built a new life and then comes a point where you say to yourself again, "nothing can bring me down" and you remember what happened the last time you said it and you wait with fear and wonder of the next event to come..
?

Nick_Ardill
07-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Yeah... I call those Tuesdays.

DrMachine
07-07-2005, 08:16 PM
yes

and no

Blandy vs Terrorism
07-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Yeah, seems to happen every couple of years or so.

Nick_Ardill
07-07-2005, 08:25 PM
I've had that kind of time recently. My cat pushed through the screen and fell out of my apartment window and took off while I was away for business. I almost got jumped by a bunch of 16 year olds when I was looking for her. Then I was told that I wasn't gonna get the promotion I was hoping for at work. I'm still waiting for the good times to start again.

sleep
07-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Turn that introspection into issue six before it's too late, Michael. Because tomorrow the bottom could drop out again...

The Human Target
07-07-2005, 08:49 PM
No.....its sad my life never gets to the point where its really good.

james michael
07-07-2005, 08:50 PM
yes, but without the happy ending...

Jerome Gibbons
07-07-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm kind of hoping that's what I'm going through right now.

Already went through most of the bad stuff, so I'm hoping the moment in which I start growing as a person and hopefully achieve happiness again starts soon.

icemanx62
07-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I go through this cycle every couple of months.

Persevering Guy
07-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Turn that introspection into issue six before it's too late, Michael. Because tomorrow the bottom could drop out again...
Well, I did make the decision to not delay issue 6 for the redrawing of issue 1. I have my whole life to make these trades, but you've already started reading.

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
07-08-2005, 08:19 AM
Due to my bi-polar, the cycling is endless for me and things seem to be either exquisitely good for me or WRIST-SLITTING horrible. In the cases of happiness, not even horrible things really bother me.

But when I'm depressed, even the smallest set back can put me on the floor in a fetal position--crying my eyes out.
+++++++++++end of transmission+++++++++

Mike_Johnson
07-08-2005, 08:21 AM
I just always assume things could get worse and am pleasantly suprised when things remain okay.

Jacob Lyon Goddard
07-08-2005, 08:23 AM
*drinks*

justjeffery
07-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Yeah.. it usually revolves around work for me though...

Eddy Newell
07-08-2005, 08:38 AM
I have two kids, a boy and a girl, that have reached puberty at the same time. :surrend:

Dreg
07-08-2005, 08:52 AM
I never reach a point in life, just a plateau.

Victor Cabanelas
07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Yeah, when things were starting to get better, my fiancee left me, I lost my job and had to find a new place to live (all in the same day!). Oh, and things went downhill from there.

Fourthman
07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
where everything is going so good that you say to yourself, "nothing can bring me down (as in depressed) now" and then your girlfriend dumps you and you have to move across the country and your life as you knew completely falls apart, but it turns out that it didn't fall apart, it transformed and you grew into a wiser person and built a new life and then comes a point where you say to yourself again, "nothing can bring me down" and you remember what happened the last time you said it and you wait with fear and wonder of the next event to come..
?
And then I turned 12.